Author Topic: = (  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Captain Joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • He's seen us.
= (
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »
  Not one "FLASH! Ahhhhh-Ahhhhhhh!" reference when Buster Crabbe is mentioned? The shorts have become real hit or miss lately, more miss.
"You were deceived."-Star Wars:The Old Republic Deceived Trailer

Hell-loving Reptoid asshats.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: = (
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »
  Not one "FLASH! Ahhhhh-Ahhhhhhh!" reference when Buster Crabbe is mentioned? The shorts have become real hit or miss lately, more miss.

But he wasn't in that POS from 1980...  But some kind of flash gordon joke would have been nice.  They also didn't do any Tarzan jokes when Johnny Weissmuller was on screen.  I'm not sure there were any references to the movies a lot of those people were in...

Not the best short, but made me laugh several times, have to wonder if the guy doing the narration could see what was on screen, he didn't skip a beat when calling that girl Larry....

Offline Captain Joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • He's seen us.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »

But he wasn't in that POS from 1980...  But some kind of flash gordon joke would have been nice. 

Did he need to be in it? I would have caught it. That's the joke.

There was nothing but silence from the trio when Mr.Crabbe was announced, for a good 8-15 sec. interval.

Joel Hodgson said it best in that one interview, "We're not worried about who's going to get it. The right people will get it.". Or something like that.

I prefer quality over quantity with these shorts now. You get some gems, but most are sort of dull, no offense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:03:52 PM by Captain Joe »
"You were deceived."-Star Wars:The Old Republic Deceived Trailer

Hell-loving Reptoid asshats.

Offline Steel Monkey

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:11 AM »
Not one of the best I thought it was the weakest short in the Christmas Extravaganza live DVD.