2 (7.1%)
3 (10.7%)
1 (3.6%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.6%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Rank a Salvation..  (Read 7637 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5320
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Rank a Salvation..
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:20:48 AM »
I'll Be Back!!.. 8)

OK.. I gave it a 9 cause of the penis jokes near the end :D :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:47:35 PM by RVR II »

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 474
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: Rank a Salvation..
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »
Pretty good. The suspense-less movie kind of dragged it down a bit, but the riffing was really good.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
I gave it an 8.  Don't get me wrong, there were many laugh out loud moments.  There were just a few dead spots here and there.  The many blasts against Bale's meltdowns were awesome.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3469
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
I'll Be Back!!.. 8)

Did the penis jokes give it more or less points?
FINE

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5320
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:01:10 AM »
I'll Be Back!!.. 8)

Did the penis jokes give it more or less points?
Eh.. I don't think it mattered either way..
They made me laugh hysterically so that was a plus.. :D

Moleman

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
The movie was so boring it dragged the riffing down with it.  The best I can give is an 8.  Probably a 7.5

The first 20-30 minutes gets a 10 though.

MightyJack

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »
A few good laugh interspersed between far too many dead spots. And, it loses points for the penis jokes. Crap like that simply isnt my kind of humor.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
Not sure how I'll rank the riff yet.  I enjoyed the movie and riff the first time I listened to it, but then I went back and watched "Terminator 3" plus the rifftrax for that movie.  Had a great time.  The next day I went to tell someone else that there was a rifftrax for "Terminator Salvation", and realized that I couldn't remember a single thing about the movie...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »
I think that's pretty common with this movie.  Its one of those "so many things are blowing up you don't notice that nothing is really happening" movies
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »
I'll give it around an 8.5

I liked it, but I thought T3's was funnier. Although I'll admit I have a soft spot for the T3 Rifftrax, as it was my first Rifftrax.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
High 9 for me ,outside of the Bale rant jokes, I thought the riff as a whole was pretty good.  Lots of inside/obscure references so perhaps not the best for rookies.

Some highlights:  Mike noting that in today's army everyone is trained to do everything!

Kevin and Bill's Packers fan riff was GOLD (and Rodgers was facemasked on the play!)

The amazing question of why Skynet didn't send back one of those giant asses Terminators to T1.

Somebody realizing that our "heroes" torched a holding cell full of humans.

Terminator Salvation = Excitebike - excite = Bike

All in all not a "classic rifftrax" but a very fun time and I didn't really find many negatives.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
9. It made the movie watchable.

Anyone else notice that Mike's Bale impression sounds a lot like his Pacino impression? Hmm...
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
Watched the first half hour last night and loved it, but I was just too damn tired to go on, so I'll have to finish later.  If the rest of the track is as funny this is looking to be around an 8 or 9 for me.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »
Actually, I remembered why they couldn't send back one of those big-ass harvesters. I thought for a minute "Yeah, why DIDN'T they do that?" and the answer, story-wise, came to me. I won't say what it is, because I don't want to be THAT guy. Just think back to the first movie, and some of the rules that were established there.

Although I think the reason the guys pointed out is probably the more practical one, and the rules of the franchise were written AROUND that, and it still cracked me up when they said it.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 08:02:05 AM »
Actually, I remembered why they couldn't send back one of those big-ass harvesters. I thought for a minute "Yeah, why DIDN'T they do that?" and the answer, story-wise, came to me. I won't say what it is, because I don't want to be THAT guy. Just think back to the first movie, and some of the rules that were established there.

Only organics could time travel, right? And I think it had something to do with size as well.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.