Author Topic: What Salvation things did you learn without being Terminated?!  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: What Salvation things did you learn without being Terminated?!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »
BTW, seeing Helena Bonham Carter in these commercials as the Queen of Hearts in this new version of Alice In Wonderland.....now I think we know why she had her head shaved.....wasn't just for this.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
I don't think her normal head is much smaller than that.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
BTW, seeing Helena Bonham Carter in these commercials as the Queen of Hearts in this new version of Alice In Wonderland.....now I think we know why she had her head shaved.....wasn't just for this.

Every time I see that, it just makes me think of Madeline Kahn.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

Every time I see that, it just makes me think of Madeline Kahn.

Every time I see that, it just makes me think of ripping my eyeballs out and filling the holes with bleach.   :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:21:54 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »
I learned that 'Produced by Andrew Vajna' makes me laugh to this day.

I'd love for a Vajna to have married Final Sacrifice's producer Tjardus Greidanus, to have a kid named Vajna-Greidanus.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5087
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »

I'd love for a Vajna to have married Final Sacrifice's producer Tjardus Greidanus, to have a kid named Vajna-Greidanus.

Ahhh... sex-based jokes just 'taint what they used to be.  ;)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »

Hey, you don't have to be a dick about it!

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »

Hey, you don't have to be a dick about it!

Jesus Tony grow some balls!

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
I just learned that Marcus isn't wearing any underwear. 'Cause, y'know, he was apparently naked at first, but the guy whose clothes he stole was still wearing his afterward...

..I also just learned that this movie makes think of the male crotch area far more than I care to.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »
Yes, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'd reorder society after Judgement Day.  Why do you ask?

You know what irrelevant fantasy scenario I spend a lot of time thinking about?  If I were to go back in time, and I wanted to buy stuff, how would I buy it?  Cash today was all printed in designs from after 2000.  You may find the occasional bill or coin from before then, but most cash is from the past 10 years.  Even if you went back only 100 years to, like, pick up valuable sports memorabilia, the cash would look completely foreign to any American business.

Obviously checks and credit cards are right out.

I guess you could buy gold, but regular stores don't accept gold.  Could you even resell the gold without identification (as a time traveler, you don't exist yet, so you don't have an identity).

I'm serious.  I think about this almost every day.

This post got me thinking about some show or movie about time travel I saw where this was an issue.  I thought maybe it was Journeyman, a very good NBC show that got canceled after one very short season (starring Terminator: Salvation's own Moon Bloodgood).  This thought led to me finding out, to my delight, that all episodes of Journeyman are available on Hulu.  I just watched two episodes and in the second episode the main character pays for a taxi with modern money. The cabbie calls the cops because he thinks it's counterfeit. This leads to him being chased by his brother who is a cop, but the brother never gets a look at him.  If I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure this scene comes up again later on in the series.  Worth checking out if you haven't seen it, especially since it deals with the time travel currency issue that interests you.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:53 AM »
Yes, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'd reorder society after Judgement Day.  Why do you ask?

You know what irrelevant fantasy scenario I spend a lot of time thinking about?  If I were to go back in time, and I wanted to buy stuff, how would I buy it?  Cash today was all printed in designs from after 2000.  You may find the occasional bill or coin from before then, but most cash is from the past 10 years.  Even if you went back only 100 years to, like, pick up valuable sports memorabilia, the cash would look completely foreign to any American business.

Obviously checks and credit cards are right out.

I guess you could buy gold, but regular stores don't accept gold.  Could you even resell the gold without identification (as a time traveler, you don't exist yet, so you don't have an identity).

I'm serious.  I think about this almost every day.

This post got me thinking about some show or movie about time travel I saw where this was an issue.  I thought maybe it was Journeyman, a very good NBC show that got canceled after one very short season (starring Terminator: Salvation's own Moon Bloodgood).  This thought led to me finding out, to my delight, that all episodes of Journeyman are available on Hulu.  I just watched two episodes and in the second episode the main character pays for a taxi with modern money. The cabbie calls the cops because he thinks it's counterfeit. This leads to him being chased by his brother who is a cop, but the brother never gets a look at him.  If I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure this scene comes up again later on in the series.  Worth checking out if you haven't seen it, especially since it deals with the time travel currency issue that interests you.

This is actually addressed very briefly in Back to the Future Part 2. After Marty and Doc go back to 1955, Doc tells Marty to go and buy some inconspicuous 1955 clothing. He has a suitcase labeled "Emergency Cash." Inside the suitcase there are stacks of various bills labeled with specific years. Doc quickly adds, "I have to be prepared for all monetary possibilities." In the commentary, I believe Bob Gale said something about how even though he only intended to go to the future, Doc is aware of and paranoid about various problems that could arise from going to different time periods. These are just the kinds of steps he would take. This also helps explain how he is able to establish himself as a blacksmith when he ends up in 1885.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »
Journeyman was an awesome series!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Doctor Who?

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
Journeyman was an awesome series!

Does it have anything to do with the video game I kind of remember from when i was a kid of the same name?

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »
I don't think so.  Unless the video game had Moon Bloodgood's hawt ass in it.  And I just realized this moment that Journeyman and this movie share a hawt actress.  Sweet.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:29 AM »
Learning of the truly epic Christian Bale rant was nearly a life changing moment for me. Especially the reaction of the crew where they just laugh at him and keep quietly filming.

Also, such a shock to see this was a pretty good movie. Not on par with the first one but at least as good as the other sequels, though the stupid arnold appearance and the overinvolved john connor parts that got tacked on dragged it down from being really good. Also sam worthington is just awful as always. He should have been John Connor as a bit part and Bale played his part and it would have been quite good. Which I suspect is what the original script called for.