login

Author Topic: What Salvation things did you learn without being Terminated?!  (Read 13518 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5316
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
What Salvation things did you learn without being Terminated?!
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
I learned that Ahnuld makes the first 3 worth watching ::)

Offline eegah

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 474
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: What Salvation things did you learn without being Terminated?!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
Terminators are pretty stupid and can't shoot straight.

The pure metallic terminators are made to look like humans, complete with useless teeth, for no good reason.

Helicopters can outrun nuclear explosion fireballs.

Terminators don't like to listen to short wave radio, even though the humans broadcast all of their plans on it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
I learned that Christian Bale got his throat operated on just before recording the Batman audio for Dark Knight.  LMFAO
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
Terminators are pretty stupid and can't shoot straight.

Skynet must have based that on my non-ability to shoot straight from Halo: ODST. Seriously, Storm Troopers have better aim than I do. Even at close range I kept missing my Covenant targets.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Moleman

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
I learned that if you're ever in trouble, just look up at the ceiling and you'll find all sorts of useful objects to help you.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5084
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »

Not only that, but...
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6688
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
I learned that The Ultimate Warrior teaches medical school. Must be part of the Warrior University we saw in the comic.

I learned that grey is the only color palette needed for a movie.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:08:05 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

Not only that, but...

Well, to be fair, I'm sure she's done nothing but study human medicine since Judgement Day.  If I was in charge of things I'd take anybody who'd ever had a job in any medical related field and train them up as much as possible.

Yes, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'd reorder society after Judgement Day.  Why do you ask?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »
Yes, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'd reorder society after Judgement Day.  Why do you ask?

You know what irrelevant fantasy scenario I spend a lot of time thinking about?  If I were to go back in time, and I wanted to buy stuff, how would I buy it?  Cash today was all printed in designs from after 2000.  You may find the occasional bill or coin from before then, but most cash is from the past 10 years.  Even if you went back only 100 years to, like, pick up valuable sports memorabilia, the cash would look completely foreign to any American business.

Obviously checks and credit cards are right out.

I guess you could buy gold, but regular stores don't accept gold.  Could you even resell the gold without identification (as a time traveler, you don't exist yet, so you don't have an identity).

I'm serious.  I think about this almost every day.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
That's an interesting question, actually.

Pawn shops are a good bet, especially since they didn't start requring ID until the past couple decades, I think.  But you'd have to be careful what you brought back so it's not ahead of it's time.  If you have time to prepare, one thing you could do is go to a coin collector and buy some gold coins.  You'd pay out the ass so you better be rich in this time period.  One way to turn it around is study the sports of the era you're going to, take back $100 in cold coin, bet it all on team or boxer that's going to win (especially if there's long odds involved), and then you're flush with cash.

But that's a lot of work and a lot of prep.  You're right, it wouldn't be easy.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »

You know what irrelevant fantasy scenario I spend a lot of time thinking about?  If I were to go back in time, and I wanted to buy stuff, how would I buy it?  Cash today was all printed in designs from after 2000.  You may find the occasional bill or coin from before then, but most cash is from the past 10 years.  Even if you went back only 100 years to, like, pick up valuable sports memorabilia, the cash would look completely foreign to any American business.

Obviously checks and credit cards are right out.

I guess you could buy gold, but regular stores don't accept gold.  Could you even resell the gold without identification (as a time traveler, you don't exist yet, so you don't have an identity).

I'm serious.  I think about this almost every day.

Actually, going back in time to get stuff is pretty easy (as long as you're not going to an ancient civilization).  You just buy a bunch of old bills from coin/bill collector shops.  Of course, you have to be careful to spend less buying the old coins and bills than what the items you'd bring back with you would be worth.   ;D  [I thought about that for a while til I came up with the solution.]

Hell, even going forward is easy enough: just sell your current money to a coin/bill collector shop, then use what they pay you to buy whatever you wanted.

Time travel's EASY... once you get the hang of it.  How do I know this?  Uh... gotta go....
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »

Not only that, but...

Well, to be fair, I'm sure she's done nothing but study human medicine since Judgement Day.  If I was in charge of things I'd take anybody who'd ever had a job in any medical related field and train them up as much as possible.

But her doing a
  Exactly where in the post-Judgment Day world is she going to get that kind of training?  It takes years to learn, and far more experience to perfect.  That, plus the
and such makes that less believable than a half-human, half-terminator.  People wait
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:42:20 AM by LucasM »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 04:38:46 AM »
That's an interesting question, actually.

Pawn shops are a good bet, especially since they didn't start requring ID until the past couple decades, I think.  But you'd have to be careful what you brought back so it's not ahead of it's time.  If you have time to prepare, one thing you could do is go to a coin collector and buy some gold coins.  You'd pay out the ass so you better be rich in this time period.  One way to turn it around is study the sports of the era you're going to, take back $100 in cold coin, bet it all on team or boxer that's going to win (especially if there's long odds involved), and then you're flush with cash.

But that's a lot of work and a lot of prep.  You're right, it wouldn't be easy.

Come to think of it, I could get a lot of money without futzing around with all that "buy ancient sports/comic memorabilia" crap and without worrying about the troubles of currency changes.  All I need to do is go back one week with a newspaper and one dollar to buy a Powerball ticket.

BUT, if we're talking about using time travel for recreation (I think it might be nice to take a tour of New York circa 1901), I would need some sort of historical currency to do anything.  I mean, if I'm a millionaire in 2010, I still don't have a thin dime to spend in 1901.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »
Going forward would be easier, you're right.  Remember the movie "Time after time?"  Jack the Ripper just went to a bank and exchanged currency.  Of course, he was loaded to start with.

But her doing a
  Exactly where in the post-Judgment Day world is she going to get that kind of training?  It takes years to learn, and far more experience to perfect.  That, plus the
and such makes that less believable than a half-human, half-terminator.  People wait

You raised something I didn't think about.  Anti-rejection drugs.  Ouch.  That's a problem.  Yeah, I got nothing.  As the English would say, "John Conner is proper fucked."  LMFAO

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
What the hell is a MCG and why the hell am I 30 minutes into a movie he made?  Is this big guy a Terminator or what?

-dale