Poll

What made this all worth it for you?

The explosions/action
The romance
The literature/philosophy
The comedy
The intrigue/mystery
The characters

Author Topic: LOST Season 6 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)  (Read 59359 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: LOST Season 6 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »
I meant the rocks were white and black not the people!   ;)

I suppose it could be them but with all the good/bad/backgammon/light/dark references I would hope it was something more.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »
Well now we know what the numbers mean. I think I just want to wait until everything has ended and watch them all in row! The wait in between each episode is killing me.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2641
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »
Well now we know what the numbers mean. I think I just want to wait until everything has ended and watch them all in row! The wait in between each episode is killing me.

I know what you mean, too late now, but the season 6 disks won't come out August 24, avoiding spoilers for 3 months after the season ends would have been way to hard...

Still a lot of questions about the numbers, I wonder if the fact that they have had such a big influence on Hurley means he is the lead "candidate"....

The connections keep happening in the other timeline, so there's something going on there as well, it's not just what would have happened if the island was sunk when the bomb went off.

Probably not a coincidence that smokey is now "locked" into the shape of a guy named John Lock (at least in human form), the question is why?  They are good at creating multiple new questions for each one that gets an answer.

I wonder if smokey/lock getting off the island is the doomsday scenario the numbers lead to in the Valenzetti equation??   It would fit in with what Faraday said once about people being the variables.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 07:02:42 AM »
Bunch of screenshots of the cliffside cave:
http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/gallery/gaaa93d0bdd4ed31790231253080ed7f3/

4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon

I wonder if they're going to try and kill Hugo next and then Sawyer realizes that Richard was right.

Here's a breakdown of all the names & numbers that can be seen:
Number   ?    Already Crossed Out?   ?    Name   ? Grouping   ?
4    Yes    Locke (John)    Flight 815 (Dead)
8    No    Reyes (Hugo)    Flight 815 (Alive)
10    Yes    Mattingley    US Army? Others?
15    No    Ford (James)    Flight 815 (Alive)
16    No    Jarrah (Sayid)    Flight 815 (Alive)
20    Yes    Rousseau (Possibly Alex Rousseau or Danielle Rousseau)    French Team / DHARMA
23    No    Shephard (Jack)    Flight 815 (Alive)
27?    Yes Undetermined (Partial)
30    YesUndetermined (Partial)
31    Yes    Rutherford (Shannon)    Flight 815 (Dead)
33    Yes    XW?    Undetermined (Partial)
34    Yes    C?    Undetermined (Partial)
42    No    Kwon (Jin? Sun?)    Flight 815 (Alive)
49    Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
50    Yes    Troupe (Gary)    Flight 815 (Dead)
55    Yes    Burke (Juliet)    Others
62    Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
64    Yes    Goldstein    Undetermined
70    Yes    Faraday (Daniel)    Freighter
90    Yes    Troup (Gary)    Flight 815 (Dead)
115    Yes    Bargas    Undetermined
117    Yes    Linus (Roger? Ben?)    DHARMA/Others
119    Yes    Almeida    Undetermined
134    Yes    Chang (Pierre)    DHARMA
140    Yes    Lewis (Charlotte)    Freighter
171    Yes    Straume (Miles)    Freighter
175    Yes    Costa    Undetermined
195    Yes    Pace (Charlie)    Flight 815 (Dead)
222    Yes    Undetermined
238    Yes    Jones    US Army
251    Yes    Yaris    Undetermined
269?    Yes    Garner    Undetermined
272    Yes    Oralingo    Undetermined
282    Yes    Aguella    Undetermined
285    Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
291    Yes    Domingo    Undetermined
313    Yes    Littleton (Claire? Aaron?)    Flight 815 (Alive)
317    Yes    Cunningham    Others
335    Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
337    Yes    Martin (Karl)    Others
346    Yes    Grant    Undetermined
Yes    Sullivan    Undetermined (Partial)
Yes    Goodspeed (Horace? Olivia? Ethan?)    DHARMA
Yes    Lacombe    French Team
Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
Yes    Reyno(lds?)    Undetermined (Partial)
Yes    Undetermined (Partial)
Yes    Pickett    Others
Yes    Orsen? Larsen?    Undetermined
Yes    Brennan    French team
Yes    Aguila    Undetermined

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:09 AM »
Who were the bodies in the cave?

I'm sticking with the Rose and Bernard theory too for now.  Last night when we saw the two stones I mentioned it to my wife and she barely recalled he two bodies in the cave so who know maybe this really isn't all that an important detail - except that they clearly brought it up again. 

What did the psychic see when talking to Rose and Claire?

I'm guessing he saw a jumbled up mess - you know like this show has been?  Actually, I doubt they will address this.

Full story on Richard.

I am guessing he was a captive from the Black Rock.  Fake Locke says something to him on the beach about being "out of those chains".

I'd also like to know more about what exactly Christian's role in everything is. His body never left the island, right? Is he alive/undead/ghost?

See I figure that since we see in the alternate timeline, Jack arriving at LAX and the body not being on the plane, that perhaps it was never on the plane to begin with.  Not sure how to reconcile this inconsistency.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 07:35:52 AM »
Who were the bodies in the cave?
I'm sticking with the Rose and Bernard theory too for now.  Last night when we saw the two stones I mentioned it to my wife and she barely recalled he two bodies in the cave so who know maybe this really isn't all that an important detail - except that they clearly brought it up again. 

On the Lost podcast, they said they would talk about Adam and Eve only if they could work out a contract with the stones.  It looks like they were able to resolve the contract issues, and the white stone is even doing its own stunts!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »

4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon

I wonder if they're going to try and kill Hugo next and then Sawyer realizes that Richard was right.

Wow... someone was bored.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »
I don't understand the absence of Kate from the list.  Also, perhaps Shepherd is for Christian instead of Jack.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »

4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon

Wow... someone was bored.

No job. Daycare closed today... losing my mind.  (Fortunately I found that list online done by someone else who was more bored/nerdy than I am.  I just copied, pasted, and then spent 20 minutes formatting it so it looked nice on here.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:30:47 AM by k1 »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2641
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »
I don't understand the absence of Kate from the list.  Also, perhaps Shepherd is for Christian instead of Jack.

Good catch, I hadn't noticed she wasn't on the list.   But didn't they show Jacob visit her as a little girl?  Maybe that was someone else.

Odd that several that are still alive are crossed off, wonder if we will find out why...

I just remembered back when the others were watching the plane crash I think it was Ben that said "we'll need lists" as he sent people to infiltrate the survivors, I wonder if Jacob had told Ben some of the names before the crash.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »

I'm not convinced that Sawyer thinks Richard isn't right.   I  don't believe that he's buying everything MIB is telling him. After all, when Sawyer asks him what the island needs protecting from, MIB says 'nothing, it's a regular island. Nothing special about it.'   Okay, Sawyer just lived in the 70's for three years and is currently talking to a dead man.  Is he seriously going to believe that there's nothing special about the island at this point?  I don't think he's made up his mind where he stands yet.  There's a chance he may end up like an  undercover agent or something........pretending to go along with MIB in order to stop him.  I hate to say it because I love Sawyer, but I've always had the feeling that ultimately he would end up taking a bullet for the team.  I see him sacrificing himself to save the rest of them. 

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:57 AM »
Is it wrong that I'm more interested in the "no crash" timeline than in what's happening on the island?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:56 AM »
Is it wrong that I'm more interested in the "no crash" timeline than in what's happening on the island?

I wish I was more interested in it.  Every time they switch to it, however, I get more and more impatient to get back to the island.  Especially now that they're dealing with everything I've been waiting to see for so long (the temple, smokey, etc...).

And speaking of the 'no crash' timeline, am I the only one who thinks that Desmond's appearance on the plane isn't what it appears to be?  I remember back in season 3 when Desmond blew up the hatch. He immediately ended up in a 'do over' timeline in London where he was going to marry Penny this time and never come to the island.  Than Eloise Hawking shows up to do Course correction.  Now Jack blows up the hatch and ends up in a 'do over' timeline where Desmond suddenly appears next to him on the plane and then disappears when Jack comes back to his seat.  I'm thinking that Desmond is acting in a similar capacity to Eloise when she appeared in Desmond's 'do over' timeline.  Perhaps Eloise even sent him there.  After all, she seemed to know when Desmond fooled around with that 'pocket of energy' under the hatch.  Perhaps she's aware of what Jack did to the hatch as well.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2010, 06:03:48 AM »
Eloise doesn't seem to have any magical powers.  The only reason she knew anything about Desmond was because she had Daniel's notebook from THE FUTURE.  Now that she's passed the last page of the notebook, she's as human and powerless as the rest of us.

Personally, I'm so bored with the alternate timeline that I'm going to start fast forwarding through it.  Locke is my favorite character and not even his non crash stuff held my attention, so nothing will.  Nobody in that timeline remembers anything from the real timeline, so it's pointless.  I can always go back and watch it on DVD later if it ever starts connecting up with the real stuff, but for now it's just filler wasting time between the stuff I really want to see, the on island stuff.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
I think it the sideways flashes are an interesting take. We see people who were at odds  become friends under other circumstances.

- Jack and Locke are at odds the entire series. In the sideflash Jack and Locke both lost stuff on the flight and Jack tries to help Locke.

- Kate took Claire's baby in island land, in the other she helps Claire save the baby by taking her to the hospital. Ethan took claire on the island, here he takes care of her and is a nice guy.

- on the island Locke had authority over Hurley, here Hugo is his boss. Also Locke was at odds against Ben on the island, here they become fast friends.