Poll

What made this all worth it for you?

The explosions/action
The romance
The literature/philosophy
The comedy
The intrigue/mystery
The characters

Author Topic: LOST Season 6 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)  (Read 60080 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
Re: LOST Season 6 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
As for Locke circa season 1, I've been thinking that as well... for quite some time.  There's just nothing too much to back it up that couldn't just be pure coincidence.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20... but there weren't a lot of anything that is blaringly obvious now.

I agree.  I don't think that they knew exactly what was going on back in Season 1.  I think they were just hoping to get the green light for the next episode.  However, I think that they may have reviewed all that stuff, and started building on things that were either minor or unintentional.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:15:50 AM by kete00 »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
Man, these people know how to make a television show. The first three episodes have twice the drama, action and suspense that the entire season of Heroes did.

Oh, and Claire's back and she's a BADASS!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
For me the biggest thing this episode was the obvious connection between the ones that landed and the ones that crashed, Clair calling out the baby's name was a big hint.

Wonder how they are going to connect the 2 story lines?  Is everything on the island shifted into the distant past, allowing for people to seem to be time traveling when they go onto the mainland?  The experiment with the rocket from the freighter to the island indicated that the island is shifted somehow even from a ship that close.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
Kate episodes aren't always my favorite, but I was still entertained.

Ethan took me by surprise, and I hadn't thought yet about what the Others may be up to off the island.  It would be great if Locke went to a museum exhibit and found the mummified body of Richard or Jacob.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ethan may have nothing to do with the others in this alternate reality.  Ethan was two years old when Dharma evacuated all the moms and children right before Jack's bomb went off.  He could've gotten off the island and just become a regular doctor.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 01:02:24 PM »
Kate episodes aren't always my favorite, but I was still entertained.

Ethan took me by surprise, and I hadn't thought yet about what the Others may be up to off the island.  It would be great if Locke went to a museum exhibit and found the mummified body of Richard or Jacob.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ethan may have nothing to do with the others in this alternate reality.  Ethan was two years old when Dharma evacuated all the moms and children right before Jack's bomb went off.  He could've gotten off the island and just become a regular doctor.

Yes, some of my logic is a bit off.  Richard and Jacob were both on the island when Jughead went off, and, of course, couldn't be Egyptian mummies.

I don't think we saw whether or not Ben was evacuated, and he could very well have made it off the island.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 767
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
So what are the questions you want answered by the end of the season? I have a few:

Who were the bodies in the cave?

What did the psychic see when talking to Rose and Claire?

Full story on Richard.

I know there are more but I can't think of them now.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »
mine is mostly the bodies in the caves... it's not even (seemingly) the most important bit of info, but it's one I really am waiting for an answer on.

Everything else would be nice to have answers to... and yeah, anything having to do with Richard and the Black Rock.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
I just kind of want to know what's really up with Jacob and MiB.  Just, what they're really doing there.  And, is it just mere coincidence that Jacob ended up on Supernatural as Lucifer and MiB ended up on Supernatural as War?  Or is this some sort of cross-show pollenation thing like Stephen King did with his Dark Tower series and all his other books.  Is it just coincidence that 80% of the cast of Deadwood has appeared on LOST at some point?  Do the answers we seek lie with Ian McShane or Powers Boothe? 

I'm kidding, of course.  But, that would be awesome.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
These are all good ones. I'd also like to know more about what exactly Christian's role in everything is. His body never left the island, right? Is he alive/undead/ghost?

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that in the future I'm going to be referred as "one of those douchebags that followed LOST"?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:31 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that in the future I'm going to be referred as "one of those douchebags that followed LOST"?

Don't worry. There will be enough of us so if anybody gives us any crap, we'll fuck 'em up!

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »

Don't worry. There will be enough of us so if anybody gives us any crap, we'll fuck 'em up!

And there's even more of us every day!!!   My sister watched the new episodes and immediately borrowed season one(1) from me.  Another person "lost" to Lost.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »
So, is it just me, or are all the luggage and items coming up missing in the "no crash" timeline items that were prominent on the island in the "crash" timeline?

BTW, I assume the bodies in the cave were the French group that had captured Jin in the past.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:18:04 AM by gbeenie »
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 767
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 05:50:38 AM »
BTW, I assume the bodies in the cave were the French group that had capture Jin in the past.

It was a man and a woman. And didn't they have rocks on them or something? One white one black?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 08:10:35 AM »
BTW, I assume the bodies in the cave were the French group that had capture Jin in the past.

It was a man and a woman. And didn't they have rocks on them or something? One white one black?

The most prominent theory is that they are Rose and Bernard.