login

Author Topic: archer  (Read 41038 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
archer
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
Anybody else watching?

Being a huge Sealab, Lucy, Frisky fan, I had crazy high expectations for this. It's not as good as I thought it was going to be but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. I think I'd be entertained by listening to H. Jon Benjamin read the phone book - not a slam on he show, I just think he's one of the best cartoon voices ever. I like the characters and the show has a definite edge to it. It's kinda filthy!

Anyway, I hope it proves popular enough to stay on the air.

"Charles Whitman Sampler" - classic!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: archer
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »
Latest episode was the best yet. Pretty good so far.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2532
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:20:28 AM »
I kind of dig it so far, which with this production company usually means I'll be obsessed by the end of the first season. Hopefully it will get a season 2.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
I can't believe more people aren't talking about and loving this show. My favourite new show in a long time, hands down. Too much awesome to even begin to classify.

"Was that not epic?"

As Gob would say... "Come on!"
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

spaceforarent

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:18:25 AM »
I've actually paid for every episode for my PS3. That's how much I like this show.
And in case you haven't heard, it's been renewed for a second season starting in 2011.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:33 AM »
Yeah, Wikipedia had the info on it a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, we have to wait all the way until next year. Weak! :(
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
I'm just happy there's going to be a second season at all. What I love about Archer (And loved about Frisky Dingo) is the way little things that seem to be throwaway gags (Like Cheryl/Carol's choking obsession) evolve into running gags, which eventually culminate in actual plot points. It made Frisky Dingo very rewatchable because you see the seeds of little plot points that don't come into fruition until the end of the season carefully planted in earlier episodes. Now I can't wait for the DVD release so I can watch it all as a whole. As I predicted in the beginning, I'm totally obsessed with this show now. The season finale came much too soon.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »
Even things that seem like little throwaway jokes come up again in the same episode - like how in the first episode, Archer yells at Lana about knocking the donuts on the ground, "because THAT'S how you get ants." And at the end, his mother yelled at her for the exact same thing. Priceless. :)

spaceforarent

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 06:16:26 AM »
Even things that seem like little throwaway jokes come up again in the same episode - like how in the first episode, Archer yells at Lana about knocking the donuts on the ground, "because THAT'S how you get ants." And at the end, his mother yelled at her for the exact same thing. Priceless. :)
It actually came up three times. Also happened when he knocks Kreminski's coffee down. Can't wait for this to come out on dvd/blu ray

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 08:32:32 AM »
I like how the interpersonal relationships in the show, rather than simply being a coat-rack to hang one-off jokes on, become more complicated and messy as the show goes on, much like life itself (with generally hilarious results in both cases).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline The Lady Rommel

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
I love this show.  But I don't think its on right now.  Caught Chris Parnell on a talk show (maybe Jimmy Fallon) talking about it.  But the show had already been on a while, so have only seen three episodes.

Hoping to catch the others and rerun, and hopefully it will be picked up for season 2
I don't see race.  People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I watch Antiques Roadshow.

spaceforarent

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
I love this show.  But I don't think its on right now.  Caught Chris Parnell on a talk show (maybe Jimmy Fallon) talking about it.  But the show had already been on a while, so have only seen three episodes.

Hoping to catch the others and rerun, and hopefully it will be picked up for season 2

There are "other ways" of watching it. And yes, it has already been picked up for a season 2 in 2011.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
Some of the other ways are even legit!

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Archer&st=0

There's every episode. Watch 'em while you can!

spaceforarent

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:45 AM »
I like how the interpersonal relationships in the show, rather than simply being a coat-rack to hang one-off jokes on, become more complicated and messy as the show goes on, much like life itself (with generally hilarious results in both cases).

That's one of the things I love about it, too. Some of the relationships seem so simple on the surface, but they keep getting deeper and deeper (You're still my beneficiary!).