Author Topic: Hey can Nintendo virtual console games be downloaded to an SD card?  (Read 801 times)

Doctor Who?

I have a friend who has highspeed and i would likem to download some of the NVC games but i would rather not take my whole Wii console with me(The sensor bar is taped to the top of my TV so it would be a real pain to movie it)is there any way i can take an SD card and put it in my friend's Wii and download VC games onto it?  Thanks.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
Re: Hey can Nintendo virtual console games be downloaded to an SD card?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
I have a friend who has highspeed and i would likem to download some of the NVC games but i would rather not take my whole Wii console with me(The sensor bar is taped to the top of my TV so it would be a real pain to movie it)is there any way i can take an SD card and put it in my friend's Wii and download VC games onto it?  Thanks.

I believe you can if both your console (and their console) has the latest firmware update for the wii. I haven't tried it... but I would think that would work.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3083
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
You can, but you can only play the games on  the wii you downloaded them from, so it might not work for you.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:06 PM »
Won't work, Doc.  When you download something from the Wii Shop channel, it installs a ticket on the console you use for the download.  When you run the game, it looks for the ticket before it starts.  Since you'd be performing the download on your buddy's console, he'll have the ticket, and you won't be able to play the games when you get them home.

That said, why don't you just disconnect all the wires from the back of your Wii, then take it over to your friend's house and swap it out with his console?  You can use his power cable, sensor bar, etc., and won't need to bring any of that junk along.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
Won't work, Doc.  When you download something from the Wii Shop channel, it installs a ticket on the console you use for the download.  When you run the game, it looks for the ticket before it starts.  Since you'd be performing the download on your buddy's console, he'll have the ticket, and you won't be able to play the games when you get them home.

That said, why don't you just disconnect all the wires from the back of your Wii, then take it over to your friend's house and swap it out with his console?  You can use his power cable, sensor bar, etc., and won't need to bring any of that junk along.

Why didn't I think of that?  Thanks.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
I think that might be, with little exception, the greatest picture I have ever seen.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.