Author Topic: 24: Season 8  (Read 11242 times)

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
Re: 24: Season 8
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/24/

In case you've never seen them, Dave Barry's blog contains minute-by-minute updates on the show. They're quite funny.

And yes, Agent Redneck is easily the most annoying subplot that they've come up with in some time. She's like what I imagine eczema is like - irritating, unsightly, and won't go away.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Thanks for the link. Very funny stuff.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Doctor Who?

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »

In case you've never seen them, Dave Barry's blog contains minute-by-minute updates on the show. They're quite funny.

And yes, Agent Redneck is easily the most annoying subplot that they've come up with in some time. She's like what I imagine eczema is like - irritating, unsightly, and won't go away.

As someone who has a form of eczema let me say you hit the nail on the head,she is the TV form of what I have.  Only thing that differs is last time I checked I can control how much my eczema itches with lotion and pills,no such luck with this subplot.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
Well it sure looks like Jack is up a certain creek with out a certain object.  This just keeps getting better and better.  I how that presedent gets his behind kicked at some point.  Oh and the redneck sub plot keeps getting dumber and dumber.  Why are they even waisting our time with this?  It is has nothing to do with anything and it is just dumb.  Also how come CTU is worse at runnig background checks then Wal Mart?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
I think watching Jack escape from hopeless situations is the best part of the show.  They always find some cool new way to do it.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
Now that is more like it!  Jack kicking behind!

CTU is only just now asking questions about Starbuck and they can't be bothered to learn the answers?!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »
CTU is only just now asking questions about Starbuck and they can't be bothered to learn the answers?!
Well, the missing uranium thing probably has them preoccupied.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »

I love his 24 updates. The polls are the funniest.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »

I love his 24 updates. The polls are the funniest.

I gotta get my hands on a laptop so I can follow along.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 09:03:46 AM »
Dave Barry's general assessment of how dumb CTU is in this show makes it no wonder that Frank Castle was mentioned as having worked there in 2004's version of The Punisher.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 10:31:30 AM »
You know, I'm just not as excited about this show as I used to be.  I love it, and will watch it every week, and get the DVD, but it's starting to feel more like "that thing I do on Monday nights before I put the garbage out".

Doctor Who?

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 08:13:17 PM »
Hey my dad has been in the hospital for the past five days and any way I have had a lot on my mind and I forgot to tape tonight's episode so could some one give me a rundown on what happened tonight so that I will not be lost next week?  Thanks.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »
Okay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
Okay.

Also....

Thanks alot!  Any time I miss an episode of 24 it always seems like a lot of stuff happened in that episode.  I would have been lost next week if not for that update.  Thanks.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
Was that the most pointless Mare Winningham cameo in the history of the world? Yes. Yes it was.