Author Topic: 24: Season 8  (Read 11246 times)

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: 24: Season 8
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »
I, for one, am happy to see Katee Sackhoff. (Was she in this episode? Haven't seen it yet - no cable TV.)

Yeah, she has had a pretty big role in every episode. Even has her own storyline. And also, Callum Keith Rennie (Leoben from BSG!) will be guest starring it looks like next week.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Doctor Who?

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
Hey I finally got around to watching all four episodes and there are a few things I noticed.

First the assassin's name was Davros?!  Hm where have I heard that before?

Second could CTU get any more like High school?

Third I think Jack is going soft,I mean all she did was cut off a hand.

Fourth I think that cop who beat Jack up may have been Bender.  Fox doesn't run the credits so that you can read them so I could not check but it sounded like him.

I think this was the best 24 has been in a while but how many times does Jack have to save the world before the people in charge of CTU listen when he tells them something is up?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:54:04 AM by Doctor Who? »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
Fourth I think that cop who beat Jack up may have been Bender.  Fox doesn't run the credits so that you can read them so I could not check but it sounded like him.

Nah that was Domenick Lombardozzi he was on the Wire.   I did see John Di Maggio in something recently though I just can't remember what.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Doctor Who?

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »

Nah that was Domenick Lombardozzi he was on the Wire.   I did see John Di Maggio in something recently though I just can't remember what.

Oh too bad.  It really sounded like him for a few lines.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
So with the number of times they have jumped ahead 18 months to 3 years how old is jack now?  75?

All together, the current season is about 17 years after season 1.  The gap between seasons 7 & 8 is unclear, but I'm guessing 4 years based on the age of Kim's daughter.

Kim was a teenager in season 1, I'd say 16 or 17.  So she's probably about 34 by now.  If you make a wild guess at Jack's age and assume he was 25 when Kim was born, he's probably about 59 years old now.

I'm just speculating.  There's a margin of error of plus or minus 4 years.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:58 PM »
I love what they've done with Renee.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of this show.  It's so high octane so often, and so much great political intrigue.  Season 4 was kind of a stinker, and season 6 even worse, but they were still "accepatable" in my opinion.  Season 7 was great, and season 8 is off to a good start.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
So with the number of times they have jumped ahead 18 months to 3 years how old is jack now?  75?

All together, the current season is about 17 years after season 1.  The gap between seasons 7 & 8 is unclear, but I'm guessing 4 years based on the age of Kim's daughter.

Kim was a teenager in season 1, I'd say 16 or 17.  So she's probably about 34 by now.  If you make a wild guess at Jack's age and assume he was 25 when Kim was born, he's probably about 59 years old now.

Good night!

They really need to end the show after this season or have next season take place in a gap between two seasons,this is getting insane.  In a few more years they will have to be digging Jack up and bringing him back to life if they keep jumping ahead like this.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »

Good night!

They really need to end the show after this season or have next season take place in a gap between two seasons,this is getting insane.  In a few more years they will have to be digging Jack up and bringing him back to life if they keep jumping ahead like this.

On the one hand, a person who stays in good shape can perform physically demanding tasks well into their 60s and 70s (I've seen some 70-somethings who were in better shape than most people half their age).  On the other hand, physical trauma can cause permanent damage.  Jack has been beaten and tortured on the show a few times, but most significantly was that year and a half he spent in China where they worked very hard to break him.

I don't think the writers are giving much thought to how these ages are adding up, but you're right, it is something they need to consider.

The show has only been renewed through the end of this season.  I'm sure that if the producers wanted it, they could easily get a season 9 and 10, but there's talk that they don't.  I heard a lot of rumors that this would be the last season.  But those are just rumors, and not that reliable when discussing the impending end of a show.  Scrubs has had 4 consecutive seasons that were supposed to be the last one.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

Good night!

On the one hand, a person who stays in good shape can perform physically demanding tasks well into their 60s and 70s (I've seen some 70-somethings who were in better shape than most people half their age).  On the other hand, physical trauma can cause permanent damage.  Jack has been beaten and tortured on the show a few times, but most significantly was that year and a half he spent in China where they worked very hard to break him.

I don't think the writers are giving much thought to how these ages are adding up, but you're right, it is something they need to consider.

The show has only been renewed through the end of this season.  I'm sure that if the producers wanted it, they could easily get a season 9 and 10, but there's talk that they don't.  I heard a lot of rumors that this would be the last season.  But those are just rumors, and not that reliable when discussing the impending end of a show.  Scrubs has had 4 consecutive seasons that were supposed to be the last one.

You see that has been my thinking since he came back from China.  He can't be in good shape,you would think he would need to at least slow or something.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »
On the one hand, a person who stays in good shape can perform physically demanding tasks well into their 60s and 70s (I've seen some 70-somethings who were in better shape than most people half their age). 

Stallone at 62 ripped for the Expendables!

On the other hand, physical trauma can cause permanent damage.  Jack has been beaten and tortured on the show a few times, but most significantly was that year and a half he spent in China where they worked very hard to break him.

He did die once too!!

There is also talks of making the jump to the big screen too.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Doctor Who?

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:06 AM »
They have been saying that since season three.  The trouble is how do you do it?  Would you just call the movie 2 1/2?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
They have been saying that since season three.  The trouble is how do you do it?  Would you just call the movie 2 1/2?

I agree.  Every episode feels so much like a movie to me, that I can't see how a movie wouldn't suck.  It would just be too short.

On the other hand, Redemption was about the length of a movie, and it was okay.  But it was also the lead-in to season 7, so it wasn't fully self contained.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
Ok Starbuck has become this season's Kim.  I don't care if she and her stupid redneck friends steal some money,I don't even like her,I hope they catch her.  Wal Mart has better background checks then CTU!  Other then that a pretty good episode but Starbuck is ruining this season.  When I have taped the whole thing I am thinking of doing a phantom edit type thing where I remove all of her scenes.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
Starbuck?  Is this a reference to one of the other roles the actress who plays Dana / Jenny plays?

I agree, I hate this subplot and hope it doesn't drag out through the whole day.  I mean, what was this woman thinking?  Best case scenario: she helps the rednecks pull of this heist, nobody gets caught, they walk away with the 130 grand.  The redneck dude STILL has all this dirt on Dana and can return to the old blackmail well any time he wants.  People like that... well I imagine he's going to want another big score pretty soon after when he blows through all the money.

I feel sorry for her having to go through this, but she should have just tried to call the guy's bluff and dealt with those consequences.  Though I dunno, I might not do that if I were in her shoes.

Renee is really adding a lot to the show.  I like that she's constantly on the verge of completely losing her shit.  I like that Jack is able to identify with her so closely.  I like that Jack feels so protective of her.  I think it's sweet.  I think it shows a whole new dimension of Jack.  I think it creates a more diverse show by taking the focus away from Jack.

I thought that last week's episode was pretty boring.  It veered off into too many subplots.  Hassan's dealing with the attempted coup; Dana's dealing with her ex; the whole peace deal thing.  This week is better.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
Don't get me wrong I am liking the rest of this season it's just that Starbuck(Sorry I can't remember her real name)'s subplot is so bad.  I agree Renee adds a lot and the actress playing here is doing a very good job. I loved it when the sniper took out the three thugs,that was just cool.  Next week's episode looks like it is going to be really good.