login

Author Topic: unwatchable  (Read 4676 times)

Offline a grue

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm huge!
unwatchable
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
this movie is too bogus for me to watch. It's soooo hinkey and bad! I just can't watch it even with it being riffed.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 144
    • Riff Cover Art
Re: unwatchable
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
this movie is too bogus for me to watch. It's soooo hinkey and bad! I just can't watch it even with it being riffed.

That's a shame. Its a funny riff.

Offline deadking13

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
i just bought this on Amazon for a penny.  that's a bad sign.  i've heard it's a good riff, but... a penny!  even the Room couldn't be found for less than ten bucks. 

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
i just bought this on Amazon for a penny.  that's a bad sign.  i've heard it's a good riff, but... a penny!  even the Room couldn't be found for less than ten bucks. 

Yowzah...

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
Wow. This is a real wad of nothing.  It's like somebody saw the crappy american adaptations of asian horror films and decided to cut out hte middleman. ><
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline carlobee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
It was just okay for me.

;)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 02:02:34 AM »
I watched it unriffed. All the way through. It hurt, but I feel stronger for it. Well, I guess it was a little riffed, but not professionally.  ;)

Offline TheBren

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:11 AM »
I saw it in theaters solely because I critic said it was like a modern Ed Wood film. I laughed a lot while watching it, it's probably my favorite bad movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
I love this movie! It's so hilariously bad in every way. Terrible acting, ridiculous plot, pointless human characters, overabundant CGI mayhem, characters taking inherantly stupid concepts deadly serious, etc. It's basically Bayformers, but I can see what's going on during the action scenes.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
I watched it again last night.  It's just so incomprehensible.  Maybe I should watch the exposition scenes without the riff so I can really figure out what's going on.  The... good dragon had to eat the girl so that... what... we'd have world peace?  So that the evil dragon would be destroyed?  But the evil dragon goes away if the girl just dies too.... so what was the use of all those innocent lives lost and the devastation of Los Angeles?  And.... God... what the fuck was going on with this movie?  It was like if you did some demo reel for a CGI class, just to demonstrate that you had mastered the software.  Then you try to build an entire movie around it.

My favorite part was when the FBI guy shoots our "hero" at point blank range.  He falls to the ground but gets up a minute later completely unharmed.  One of the guys riffed "Good thing he was innoculated against gunshots."  I wouldn't have minded if there had been a supernatural explanation for this, but nobody says anything.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
I watched it again last night.  It's just so incomprehensible.  Maybe I should watch the exposition scenes without the riff so I can really figure out what's going on.  The... good dragon had to eat the girl so that... what... we'd have world peace?  So that the evil dragon would be destroyed?  But the evil dragon goes away if the girl just dies too.... so what was the use of all those innocent lives lost and the devastation of Los Angeles?  And.... God... what the fuck was going on with this movie?  It was like if you did some demo reel for a CGI class, just to demonstrate that you had mastered the software.  Then you try to build an entire movie around it.
You aren't too far off. For years (seriously, this movie took like 7 years or so to make) there was a demo reel and a teaser trailer full of just dragon shots available on the internet. I've been waiting for years for this. And I gotta say, when the dragons were onscreen it was pretty cool. Again, the difference between this and Bayformers is that I can see what is going on onscreen with the CGI. It's still mindless and stupid, but it only spends as much time with the humans as it absolutely has to.

Offline deadking13

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 01:45:51 AM »
Ok, just tried rewatching this.  I can sit through the Room AND Birdemic on a regular basis, but this of utterly Un-watchable.  My vote for worst film riffed ever.

Offline deadking13

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:22 AM »
Also, the boys totally called The Zookeeper.