Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 289280 times)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1815 on: January 01, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »

Unsane (1982)
That...that is either the most brilliant idea for a title, or the most stupid.

It's the cut version of Dario Argento's Tenebre. In fact CREEPERS and THE HATCHET MURDERS are also the cut versions of his other films Phenomena and Deep Red. I own all of these in some of those cheap DVD box sets, so I assume they're public domain.

I enjoy CREEPERS and UNSANE, which of course horrifies Argento fans. I watched THE HATCHET MURDERS years ago, but I can't remember anything about it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:41:55 PM by Toyland Chairman »
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1816 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »

Unsane (1982)

It's the cut version of Dario Argento's Tenebre. In fact CREEPERS and THE HATCHET MURDERS are also the cut versions of his other films Phenomena and Deep Red. I own all of these in some of those cheap DVD box sets, so I assume they're public domain.

I enjoy CREEPERS and UNSANE, which of course horrifies Argento fans. I watched THE HATCHET MURDERS years ago, but I can't remember anything about it.

I have never heard of alternate cuts for Argento's movies, probably because I haven't gone out of my way to see a lot of his movies, but I have caught a couple.  What gets cut in those versions, is it trying to tone down the more extreme disturbing parts? 
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
« Reply #1817 on: January 02, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »

Unsane (1982)

I have never heard of alternate cuts for Argento's movies, probably because I haven't gone out of my way to see a lot of his movies, but I have caught a couple.  What gets cut in those versions, is it trying to tone down the more extreme disturbing parts? 

I haven't seen the TENEBRE or DEEP RED versions, but from what I've heard most of the cut footage is not gore, but dialogue and all that. Some literally 40 minutes worth. Give the films a faster pace. That's sure the situation with CREEPERS.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5544
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1818 on: January 02, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »

Unsane (1982)

I haven't seen the TENEBRE or DEEP RED versions, but from what I've heard most of the cut footage is not gore, but dialogue and all that. Some literally 40 minutes worth. Give the films a faster pace. That's sure the situation with CREEPERS.
Well, considering how horribly tedious I found Phenomena, it being shorter might help. But jut cutting shit out willy nilly isn't going to help how nonselnsical everything was. And I am assuming the shorter version still has the shitty music and worse score?

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
« Reply #1819 on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »

Unsane (1982)

Well, considering how horribly tedious I found Phenomena, it being shorter might help. But jut cutting shit out willy nilly isn't going to help how nonselnsical everything was. And I am assuming the shorter version still has the shitty music and worse score?
What's wrong with the music? There's Iron Maiden music in that film. "Flash of the Blade" is a cool song.

Offline Gitfiddle

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1820 on: January 22, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
1. Gingerdead Man: Gary busey as a foot-tall gingerbread man who kills people, or turns them into evil dead ripoffs.
2. The Haunted Dollhouse: if nothing else for the third story alone, where the demon toys try to tear apart a foot tall alien police officer with an RC car
3. Phantasm: single worst horror movie in creation, i love it.
4. The Expendables: while i loved this movie, it needs riffing
5. Punisher War Zone: Best looking Punisher, single worst movie ever.
6. X-men origins, Wolverine: As a comic book fan, it is my duty. riff this movie.
7. the final Harry Potter Movies: we sat through the rest, now finish us off, it's the only decent thing to do.
8. Species 1,2,3,4,7,9,107, 213. any of them. all riffworthy.
9. Escape From L.A: they made snake pliskin play BASKETBALL for christ's sake
10. I leave to you, i trust your judgement. wait a minute WHAT AM I SAYING? King arthur, the 2004 excercise in hilarity with Keira Knightley as guenevire.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1821 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:02 AM »

3. Phantasm: single worst horror movie in creation, i love it.

Hor-Riff-ic Productions, one of the best iRiff groups is going to be doing this one. They are even accepting submitted scripts for riff suggestions for it, so you con contribute if you'd like. Given their schedule, though, it's unknown when they'll actually get to it.

Offline ElegantButler

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #1822 on: February 02, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »
10. Doctor Mordrid
09. Bad Channels
08. Dark Angel: The Ascent
07. Time Bandits
06. Tank Girl
05. Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th
04. SolarBabies
03. Max Headroom (TV series Episode 1)
02. Dead Like Me (the movie or the first ep of the TV show. Hey, how can you not Riff a show where a gal becomes a Grim Reaper after getting the life bonked out of her by a toilet seat from space?)
01. Kentucky Fried Movie. (because there isn't a DVD of "Dr. Ducks's Super-Secret All-Purpose Sauce). 8)

Offline english

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1823 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »
1: Grease (is the word... is the word... )
2: Saturday night fever
3: The Full Monty
4: V (the original older movie)
5: Space Jam
6: MoonWalker (PLEASE!)
7: Armageddon
8: Die Hard 4
9: Condor Man (terrible UK super hero, look him up)
10: Grease II (as its absolutely awful)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1824 on: February 03, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »

7: Armageddon
There is a really good Rifftrax Presents for this one:
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/armageddon
Done by Mathew J Elliot, a british friend of the Rifftrax crew. He's pretty funny.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #1825 on: February 03, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
01. Kentucky Fried Movie. (because there isn't a DVD of "Dr. Ducks's Super-Secret All-Purpose Sauce). 8)
Kind of difficult to riff movies that are already riffing movies.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1826 on: February 03, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
Kind of difficult to riff movies that are already riffing movies.
Yeah. In general Rifftrax doesn't do comedies. Especially comedies that don't take themselves seriously.
If you want comedy riffed, go with Cinester Theater. They've done a lot fo great stuff, but for comedies, they've riffed the Back to the Future trilogy, and Short Circuit.

Offline Bluepnut

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1827 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
1. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale
2. Condor Man
3. IT
4. Plato's Run
5. Black Belt Jones
6. Hard Justice
7. Drive (Mark Dacascos, Kadeem Hardison, and Brittany Murphy)
8. Bad Taste
9. The Crow: Wicked Prayer
10. In the Name of the King: Two Worlds

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1828 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:54 PM »
3. IT
I am assuming you are refering to the made for TV movie adaptation of the Stephen King novel. In that case, two of the best iRiff groups have riffed that.
Cinester Theater did Part 1:
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/cinester-theater/cinester-theater-presents-stephen-kings-it-part-one

Hor-Riff-ic Productions did Part 2:
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/hor-riff-ic-productions/hor-riff-ic-stephen-kings-it-part-two

They are both very funny, and well worth checking out.

Offline Bluepnut

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1829 on: February 07, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
Yeah I was referring to the TV version, didn't know IT was already done... Going to have to check IT out!! Thanks!!  :highfive: