login

Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 300307 times)

Offline plurie

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #600 on: September 18, 2007, 01:02:11 PM »
New here... but love the work they do.  Here's my list:

10. Masters of the Universe - Why wouldn't you want to do this one?
9. Click - A big fat Sandler turd.
8. Van Helsing - Horrible accents, killed three potential franchises with one blow.
7. Last American Virgin - An uber-depressing teen-sex-romp.
6. Jumanji - Robin Williams as part ape kid... well, a bit of type-casting.
5. Speed - Any Keanu movie is pretty much a gold mine.
4. Deep Blue Sea - Super. Intelligent. Sharks.
3. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Here's a way to ruin every book you ever liked.
2. Fear - Mark Wahlberg as Reese Witherspoon's crazy boyfriend
1. Maximum Overdrive - Emilio Estevez & Co trapped in gas station by machines that come to life.

Honorable mention: Hulk, Clue, Vanilla Sky, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat

Offline Manos1977

• Disembaudio's Squadio
FOr suggesting posts
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:20 PM »
Important tip for those of you suggesting a riff:

DO NOT list COMEDIES!!!!

I don't quite grasp why people do this. You really can't make a good riff on a comedy.
What makes the Riffs funnny is pointing out how something the filmmakers wanted
taken seriously is actually ridiculous or a lack in logic that is glossed ove for no good reason.
When this happens in a comedy it's usually intentional.  Yes the riffers can point out the occasional
lame joke in a movie and make fun of it but that doesn't mean you can make a good riff
on an entriely comedy movie.  For example I just saw someone had Clue listed.  Personally I like
Clue, but however you feel about it that doesn't change the fact that Clue is as much a spoof of whoduit
movies as it is a whodunit itself.  How do spoof a spoof?  That's like riffing a riff, it's kinda pointless.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »
Wasn't Catalina Caper a comedy?

Offline HailHalford

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Hellbent for Pleather
« Reply #603 on: September 22, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »
I'll start my posting by jumping in the deep end (in no particular order):

Death Wish 3 Why, you ask? Then you haven't seen it. I have. Over 200 times. It's my personal Plan 9.
Rock&Roll Nightmare - I never understood why Zombie Nightmare got MSTied when this is Jon Mikl-Thor's Magnum Dopus.
Bond, Any Bond - Although the Timothy Dalton installments may be too deadly dull.
No Holds Barred - Riff-a-mania's runnin' wild!
Star Trek 3 - The search for Spaaaaaahck. Or any OG Trek really. I've got the box set. 5 & 6 were great.
Clifford - Not the big red dog. Martin Short and Charles Grodin go together like ipecac and vomit.
Rocky 4 - Rocky 3 would be a goldmine, too, but I've already got two Part 3s on the list.
KISS meets the Phantom of the Park - Those guys so have it coming.
Air Force One - Get off my plane!
The Mirror Has Two Faces - It's fine that Streisand made her ultimate vanity project, but why did she have to drag Jeff Bridges into it?
The Karate Kid - I don't know why these 80s fight movies beg for a riffing, but they do.

And I'll throw a +1 in for Anaconda. That should be a good time. Thanks for reading!
Ya know...Sausage!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »
Just so you know, "Magnum Dopus" is now my new catchphrase for the week.

And as for Star Trek III, all I can say is, "...don't call me 'tiny.'"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #605 on: September 22, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »
Hmm.  Top 10...there's going to be some repeats here but...

10.  The Sixth Sense-What a twist!
9.  Transformers the Movie (animated)-Is casting Orson Wells as a giant orb that devours planets typecasting?
8.  G.I. Joe the Movie-Cobra Commander morphing into a giant snake, the evil forces of Burgess Meredeth, and of course Sgt. Slaughter AS Sgt. Slaughter!
7.  Pirates of the Carribean-One or all of them, let the Keith Richards jokes fly.
6.  King Kong-The epic story of the love between a woman and a huge stinky ape that likes ice skating.
5.  Batman (Any one of them even if Batman and Robin is the obvious target)-"Just two guys in rubber, hanging out in a cave"  -Joel Schumaker.
4.  Constantine-Whoa!  This is like totally different than when I played Neo, dude.  Also, don't smoke.
3.  See No Evil-The most concentrated form of evil there is, Vince McMahon producing a movie. (insert screams)
2.  Freddy vs. Jason-Place your bets!
1.  Star Wars (Original Trilogy, "Special" dvd editions)-Now when you say special...

By the way, since I'm suggesting a couple animated choices a question occurred to me.  Seems like the cartoons are getting off very light.  The only completely animated offerings I can think of in Rifftrax or back in the MST3K days were Nestor and that one Gumby short.  Are there any I'm forgetting?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline HailHalford

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Hellbent for Pleather
« Reply #606 on: September 23, 2007, 05:41:58 AM »
Just so you know, "Magnum Dopus" is now my new catchphrase for the week.
Enjoy, there's no copyright!

Wasn't Catalina Caper a comedy?
That's never been determined.

By the way, since I'm suggesting a couple animated choices a question occurred to me.  Seems like the cartoons are getting off very light.  The only completely animated offerings I can think of in Rifftrax or back in the MST3K days were Nestor and that one Gumby short.  Are there any I'm forgetting?
Wasn't Mitchell a cartoon?
Ya know...Sausage!

Offline cfkane

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #607 on: September 24, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »
In no order:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: because any movie that makes Alan "Watchmen" Moore coat his beard with tears is no movie I respect.
Power Rangers: The Movie: because it makes you realize what horrible taste you had as a kid.
The Day After Tomorrow: because the guys from South Park didn't give it a bad enough beating.
Atlantis:The Lost Empire: because it's the day that Disney died in my eyes
The Rocky Horror Picture Show: because the people who dress up and yell lines at the movie at midnight are really, REALLY too kind to it.
Transformers (Michael Bay): because it takes a special level of hackery to make a movie where the scenes with giant robots kicking the crap out of each other are the *least* ridiculous moments in the movie.
Alone in the Dark: because Uwe Boll begs to be destroyed. Lowtax can come back!
Bloodrayne: because see above
High School Musical: because this has had way too much inexplicable popularity to not be riffed
Robocop: because, well, it's actually a pretty good movie. But let's face it, it's a B-movie premise.

Offline Margoo1977

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #608 on: September 24, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (because I don't have the attention span to search through this many pages) - but what about SPICE WORLD?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #609 on: September 24, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »
Wasn't Mitchell a cartoon?

I wish it was, we could all do with seeing less of Joe Don Baker's doughy self.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2007, 12:20:51 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (because I don't have the attention span to search through this many pages) - but what about SPICE WORLD?
It WOULD finish up the "Annoying singers making movies" trilogy that Glitter and Crossroads started... :^)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »
Lots f movies come to mind, but here are my top 3...

1. Transformers (2007): The DVD should practically legally be required to have the Rifftrax as permanent audio setting.
                                            "Some movies are aking for it", this movie is on it's knees begging for it, stuffing dollar bills in it's G-string...

2. Hulk: Hulk dogs, Nick Nolte's "performance", pointless shots of nearby moss... this movie would be great!

3. RoboCop: This movie would be golden. (I now see that someone already suggested this one, thanks for stealing my thunder!)

Offline caption_nemo

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
10-  Jurassic Park II
09-  Mad Max:  Beyond Thunder Dome
08- Ewoks:  Battle for Endor
07- Jaws
06- Jaws 2
05- Jaws 4
04- Jaws 3-D
03- Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers
02- Rocky 5 (or any rocky movie for that matter)
01- Def-Con 4 (it is funny on its own)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #613 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »
It's hard to come up with 10....

1) Something non-comedic with Robin Williams.  What Dreams May Come springs to mind, because it was so god-awful pretensious.  But stay the Hell away from One Hour Photo!
2) The Running Man.  This movie is so hilarious on its own that it NEEDS to be riffed, kinda like Troll 2.
3) BloodRayne
4) Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
5) Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Can't think up any more.

Offline Meat Trademark

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Force the tools available!
    • JILM JOLM
« Reply #614 on: October 01, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
My top choice, as of this second, would be the William Baldwin, Cindy Crawford unepic FAIR GAME!

It is awesome in all the ways it tries not to be.

Also, because I already own it.  Great Badfilm.  Funny thing, though.  I don't remember Cindy "starring" in any movies after this stinkburger.
zero zero zero over zero zero zero