login

Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 292899 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5616
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1845 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
Vox-O-Rox did a pretty good riff of Howard the Duck
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/vox-o-rox/howard-duck-a-vox-o-rox-adventure

RoninFox did a HILARIOUS riff of Wizard of Oz:
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/ronin-fox-trax/ronin-fox-trax-wizard-oz

Offline Mega Lenin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1846 on: March 15, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »
Ten in no particular order:

1. Samurai Cop - Features Robert Z'Dar dueling a samurai cop who in some shots has a righteous mullet and in other shots has a cheap girly wig, instead.
2. No Retreat No Surrender - Features Jean Claude Van Damme as the Russian enforcer of the Mafia's lucrative Karate racquet. 
3. Supervan - Features 70's era stoners riding a solar powered van that shoots lasers.
4. Strike Commando - AKA Reb Brown vs. The Communists... all of them.  Features touching stories about Disneyland.
5. The Wizard - Features the power glove.  It's so bad.
6. Mortal Kombat - Features redundant quipping and redundant quipping.
7. Krull - Features boomerang ninja star and an evil mountain alien.
8. Remote Control 1988 - This film was a lot of fun and would work for a riff commentary.
9. Future War - They did this on MST3k wouldn't mind a new commentary.
10. The Aftermath 1982 - Low budget stupidly excessively violent post apocalypse Mad Max exploitation film. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:01:43 PM by Mega Lenin »

Offline Mortalwar

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #1847 on: March 16, 2013, 08:35:54 AM »
Well, I do have a few movies I'd like to see (in no particular order)

The Rock (I loved the movie when I first saw it, but even I have to admit that it would still work fairly well for a Riff)

National Treasure One and Two (Yes Nicholas Cage again, but another series that would work perfectly)

The Island (Yet another Michale Bay flick for the three of them)

I, Robot (thought about it when they mentioned the film in their Independence Day Riff, plus since Shia Labeouf is in it, so...)

The A-Team Remake

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (I don't think I need to explain myself for this one)

Lincoln (Yes, it's a new movie, and I loved it when I saw it, but I could see Mike, Bill, and Kevin getting a lot of mileage out of it)

2012 (They've done Independence Day and Day After Tomorrow, why not complete the set?)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1848 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »

I, Robot

RiffRaff Theater did an iRiff of this. It even made it onto the Top 50 iRiffs list:
46   a  Riff Raff Theater - I, Robot   -   BUY

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1849 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
I would love for Cole and Janet to riff on Batteries Not Included.

Offline the Puppet Haters club

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
  • certified burn-out
« Reply #1850 on: April 18, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »
1. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?
2.CLUE
3.ARMED AND DANGEROUS
4. LIFEBOAT
5.AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
6. SWEENY TODD
7.THE BRIDE OF CHUCKY
8. SCARFACE
9. PSYCHO
10.THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA(1989)WITH ROBERT ENGLUND
J.T.M.

Offline kevinpalooza

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1851 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »
1) The Wizard - tackles autism with Nintendo product placement. When you think 'how did they get Christian Slater?' midway through the movie you know you have a winner.

2) Cloak & Dagger - schizophrenic Henry Thomas thinks his dad is Dabney Coleman dressed as a secret agent

3) Masters of the Universe - it's He-Man cosplay without a budget

4) Suburban Commando - Hulk Hogan's best movie*. Also a scene where Shelley Duvall is watching The Marsha Warfield Show.

5) DC Cab - Joel Schumacher directs Gary Busey, Bill Maher & Mr. T.

6) No Holds Barred - They actually tried to extend the movie storyline into a 'real life' wrestling storyline in order to pump up the movie. Miserable failure in all aspects.

7&8) Karate Kid 1 & 2

9&10) Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows 1 & 2

*starring vehicle

Offline The Snape

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #1852 on: April 22, 2013, 09:05:54 AM »
1) The Wizard - tackles autism with Nintendo product placement. When you think 'how did they get Christian Slater?' midway through the movie you know you have a winner.

2) Cloak & Dagger - schizophrenic Henry Thomas thinks his dad is Dabney Coleman dressed as a secret agent

3) Masters of the Universe - it's He-Man cosplay without a budget

4) Suburban Commando - Hulk Hogan's best movie*. Also a scene where Shelley Duvall is watching The Marsha Warfield Show.

5) DC Cab - Joel Schumacher directs Gary Busey, Bill Maher & Mr. T.

6) No Holds Barred - They actually tried to extend the movie storyline into a 'real life' wrestling storyline in order to pump up the movie. Miserable failure in all aspects.

7&8) Karate Kid 1 & 2

9&10) Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows 1 & 2

What he said only substitute the rest of Harry Potter in 1 spot and move The Wizard in its stead  :highfive:

Offline mmark516

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1853 on: April 27, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
1: Tango & Cash        Stallone, Russell, Jack Palance
2: Ravenous              Wendigo
3: Demolition Man     Stallone, Snipes, Bullock, and every restraunt is taco bell
4. Big Trouble in Little China
5. Dawn of the Dead (the old one)
6. Dawn of the Dead (the new one)
7. Tango & Cash
8. Tango & Cash
9. Tango & Cash
10. Tango & Cash

Offline eflaat

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1854 on: May 08, 2013, 05:58:41 AM »
I'm the classic type. Modern Hollywood movies are terrible on their own. I like the good old fashioned B-movies of yesteryear.

10) R.O.T.O.R. - A Robocop / Judge Dredd knock off set in Texas. On top of it you have a jive talking robot (Warning: May cause reactivation of Transformers 2 PTSD) and a giant amazon woman with skunk stripe hair.

9) SLIPSTREAM - Bill Paxton, Mark Hamill and Ben Kingsley set in a future where they have...STRONG WIND!!! Game over man, game over.

8) THE TIME GUARDIAN - Australian epic about a future ruled by robots where humans have to travel back in time to evade them. Carrie Fisher and Dead Stockwell circle the drain in this one.

7) LADY TERMINATOR - Indonesian Terminator clone where an evil queen possesses an Anthropology student must kill for some inexplicable reason.

6) DEATH RACE 2000 (Original or Remake) - Carradine and Stallone at their most Corman-est. Or Jason Statham at his most paycheck grabbingest.

5) A NIGHT TO DISMEMBER - Hack director Doris Wishman's swan song where... you know, I can't even decipher a story in this and all the audio was made in post. There isn't a single bit of on-set dialogue and the set is mostly made up of laminate walls.

4) RAIDERS OF ATLANTIS - Italian action / sci-fi that just can't do anything right. Atlantis has risen near Miami and two mercenaries must stop Atlantean Mad-Max bikers.

3) MILITIA - Dean Cain stars as a Dean Cain impersonator in the ATF who must infiltrate a militia run by right wing radio nut Stacy Keach. The director couldn't afford his own action scenes so he borrowed them from Terminator 2, American Ninja and First Blood - Part 2.

2) SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO / THE PUNISHER (1989) - I can't decide between the two but either would be great examples of how terrible an actor Dolph Lundgren is.

1) TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE NEXT GENERATION - Matthew McConnaghey and Rene Zellweger try and relaunch a franchise that shouldn't have been a become a franchise in the first place. (To clarify, the original was great, but every sequel grows worse and worse and does all it can to destroy the memory of the first)

Offline pinch weasel

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2
    • The Welfare Store
« Reply #1855 on: May 10, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
Top 10...hmmm, that's not easy, BUT lately I've been thinking about how much I would LOOOOOOOOVE Mike, Bill & Kevin to riff Rocky Horror. It's one of my favourite movies ever and I can only IMAGINE what they'd do with it :D

OK, my list:

1. Rocky Horror Picture Show
2. The Abominable Dr. Phibes
3. HAUSU (OMG that would be awesome...lol)
4. Motel Hell
5. Blood Feast (the original, of course)
6. Spider Baby
7. Pieces
8. The Evil Dead (original!!!)
9. Meet the Feebles, OR Dead Alive - any OLD Peter Jackson
10. The Last Man on Earth

Two more just for kicks - Inglorious Basterds and Fight Club. I don't think Brad Pitt is that great of an actor, but when he can be funny and/or weird he's GREAT.

OK, I know there are many more I can't think of, but I'm happy with my list :)
Woah-hoh! Slow down there, maestro! There's a NEW Mexico?

Offline pinch weasel

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2
    • The Welfare Store
« Reply #1856 on: May 10, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
 eflaat

I'm the classic type. Modern Hollywood movies are terrible on their own. I like the good old fashioned B-movies of yesteryear.

I wholeheartedly agree with your list. Especially Death Race 2000 (but I must insist on the original. Stallone? Carradine? Michelle from Girl on Gold Boots? C'MON! :P )
Woah-hoh! Slow down there, maestro! There's a NEW Mexico?

Offline Elizabeth_bythebrook

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1857 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
1.  Anaconda – I’m kinda surprised this one hasn’t been done yet.  I mean, come on.  The snake swallows Jon Voight whole, then vomits him back up.

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (parts 1 & 2) – The Riffs of the first 6 movies are some of the funniest that the guys have done.  I really want to see what they can do with the last 2.

3. Godzilla (1998) – This movie has some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen in a summer “blockbuster”.  It totally deserves the Rifftrax treatment

4. 2-headed shark attack – This movie is so corny, it almost doesn’t need riffing.  But I still think it would be hilarious.

5. Stephen King’s It – Killer clowns and giant spiders?  Yes, please!

6. The Never Ending Story – This movie was a big part of my childhood, but I still think it would be a great choice to riff.

7. Warriors of Virtue – I don’t think I need to defend this choice.  The “Warriors” are kangaroos…

8. Darkness Falls – It’s a horror movie about the tooth fairy.  Need I say more?

9. 2012 – End-of-the-world movies are always worth a good laugh.

10. Interview With A Vampire – I have no good reason, except I think the guys could do great things with it.

Honorable Mentions:
Dead Silence
Secret Window
Lake Placid

Offline the Puppet Haters club

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
  • certified burn-out
« Reply #1858 on: June 07, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
1. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
2. Female Trouble by John Waters
3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. Lost Highway by David Lynch
5. The Princess Bride
6. Any of the DEATH WISH series with Charles Bronson
7. Freeway 1997 w/ Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland
8. Labrynth(?) w/ David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly
9. Beaches w/ Bette Milder and Barbara Hershey
10. The Hunger also with David Bowie
J.T.M.

Offline dachtenberg

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1859 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
1: Flash Gordon (It's so bad it's good)
2: The Rocky Horror Picture Show (That movie was freaky the first time I saw it)
3: Carnosuar (The movie Siskel liked and never heard the end of it from Ebert)
4: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie (I'm a fan of the franchise)
5: Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (The movie that almost killed the franchise)
6: The Princess Bride (Inconthievable!!!)
7: Willow (Love this movie!!! And it's got Val Kilmer in it)
8: Sharktopus (A more self-aware Birdemic with Eric Roberts)
9: KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (This movie actually introduced me to KISS)
10: Labrynth (David Bowie and Jennifer Connley)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:48:37 PM by dachtenberg »