Author Topic: PLAN 9 LIVE SHOW DVD'S ARE HERE!!!  (Read 9503 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: PLAN 9 LIVE SHOW DVD'S ARE HERE!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
Yeah!! 8)

spaceforarent

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »
My friend was at the Buffalo show that lost the feed completely, so he'll be happy to actually be able to see it now.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
I can't afford to pay $15 for a dvd I already own (I also have the legend one with Mike's autograph), just for a third version of the commentary.   Anyone know if this will be available as an mp3, or as a dowload to burn? 

This tells you how much I enjoyed that show.  I paid $1.99 for the solo riff,$3.99 for the three riffter version,$10 for the DvD with the Solo riff,and $6.79 for the three riffer,and I still plan to pay $15 for the live DvD.  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to buy Plan Nine.

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
Are there still plans to release this as a download to burn?  Me want.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »
I bought this solely for the Fort Worth jokes in the short (that aren't in the studio version).  ;D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:03 AM »
Watched it last night and was hilarious.

Offline drjones

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »
I'd still like to download this sucker.

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 06:36:35 AM »
So would I.  I really hope they still plan on releasing it as a d-to-b.  I've been checking back daily for weeks though, with no sign of it.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 03:23:07 PM »
The dload to burn option is coming soon. The files are ready, things are just a bit slower 'round here for the holidays....we also want to make sure things are working perfectly on the site as it's larger than the standard dload to burn we've done in the past. (dual layer...just to give you a heads up)

Oh, and yeah...I'M BAAACK!!!  >:D
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »

Bout Friggin Time!! :highfive:

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »
The dload to burn option is coming soon. The files are ready, things are just a bit slower 'round here for the holidays....we also want to make sure things are working perfectly on the site as it's larger than the standard dload to burn we've done in the past. (dual layer...just to give you a heads up)

Two questions: Does Dual-Layer mean you need a Dual-Layer burner?  Why is this more expensive than a physical dvd?

Thanks.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »

Two questions: Does Dual-Layer mean you need a Dual-Layer burner?  Why is this more expensive than a physical dvd?

Thanks.

1. Yes, you need a burner and a blank DVD that are dual layer compatible.

2. The bandwidth taken up by a product of its size was enough that the extra buck was apparently necessary. Remember, this is not compressed - so you're getting the full quality video with all of the menus and extras.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 07:54:30 AM »
Over/under on number of emails we got from people who will somehow miss whatever huge bold warning we put on the product page about needing a dual layer burner?

I put it at 2.5

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »
Over/under on number of emails we got from people who will somehow miss whatever huge bold warning we put on the product page about needing a dual layer burner?

I put it at 2.5

I bet you get more complaints about it being more expensive than the physical disc.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline DJGamer

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
I choose the downloadable DVD version for one reason: Free shipping!  Well that and with a broadband connection it gets to me faster  (even with a fairly slow speed, understandable for files of that size that are probably being downloaded by a number of people at once-it still took about half a day to get the thing).  Interestingly, however, I just today got a physical copy of it in the mail.  I wonder if this has anything to do with complaints from people about not having compatible burners and/or discs.   I do suppose that when you account for the price of a DL DVD it DOES about even out to what you'd pay for shipping.

Anyway, no complaints about getting a physical copy in the mail-I was a little disappointed that the download didn't include printable artwork for the case and disc anyway-btw as a note to Rifftrax you should consider including that if you plan on making any other downloadable DVD releases in the future.  However, considering it seems that enough people complained to warrant sending out physical discs free of charge-I somehow doubt this idea has much of a future to it. lol

I'm curious in any case if my theory is true or if I just ended up getting a physical copy as well through some kind of mistake.  Either way, I'm definately not complaining.  As far as I know I don't have any working Dual-Layer DVDs on me right now (just a stack of 50 or so apparently defective Memorex DL DVD-Rs that I bought so long ago I doubt I can return them for a refund at this point) so now I have a physical copy I can watch without having to mount the iso file to a virtual drive.