login

Author Topic: PLAN 9 LIVE SHOW DVD'S ARE HERE!!!  (Read 9500 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
PLAN 9 LIVE SHOW DVD'S ARE HERE!!!
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds/rifftrax-live-plan-9-from-outer-space
Done bought mine here in Mexico so it'll be waiting for me upon my return :highfive: :cheers:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: PLAN 9 LIVE SHOW DVD'S ARE HERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds/rifftrax-live-plan-9-from-outer-space
Done bought mine here in Mexico so it'll be waiting for me upon my return :highfive: :cheers:

Yeah, looking forward to this!

Moleman

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »
Bought mine.  Can't wait to pass it around family and friends so they can share my live show experience.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »
I can't afford to pay $15 for a dvd I already own (I also have the legend one with Mike's autograph), just for a third version of the commentary.   Anyone know if this will be available as an mp3, or as a dowload to burn? 

Download to burn I could see. An MP3 is highly unlikely.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
I can't afford to pay $15 for a dvd I already own (I also have the legend one with Mike's autograph), just for a third version of the commentary.   Anyone know if this will be available as an mp3, or as a dowload to burn? 

Download to burn I could see. An MP3 is highly unlikely.

I don't know what to expect from this.  Are there visuals other than the movie itself? 

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
Yeah, the Something Awful shorts, the introduction, etc. It's a completely different "program" from what is on any of the other DVDs.

And I mentioned in another thread, download-to-burn is uploading today. It should be up tomorrow.

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 02:28:58 AM »
Yeah, the Something Awful shorts, the introduction, etc. It's a completely different "program" from what is on any of the other DVDs.

And I mentioned in another thread, download-to-burn is uploading today. It should be up tomorrow.

Sweet!  Thanks.

Two more questions - 1. Do you actually see the guys while they riff?  Not that it matters much, I'll be getting the dowload-to-burn when it's up anyways.

2.  What are the odds of the Christmas shorts one being available by Christmas?

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »

Sweet!  Thanks.

Two more questions - 1. Do you actually see the guys while they riff?  Not that it matters much, I'll be getting the dowload-to-burn when it's up anyways.

If the feed is identical to the one that we saw in the theater then yes. At various times, they will cut to the guys. It works very well and isn't very intrusive.

2.  What are the odds of the Christmas shorts one being available by Christmas?

I'd guess maybe 1-2%.  It took them a while to do this one and I'd guess that similar time constraints would apply to the Christmas riff. But it's not impossible, I guess.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:18:48 AM »
I'd guess maybe 1-2%.  It took them a while to do this one and I'd guess that similar time constraints would apply to the Christmas riff. But it's not impossible, I guess.

No, turnaround time for DVDs is several weeks, not 6 days.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
Also we appeared to have some network problems with the upload from last night. I'm going to try to still get the D-to-B option up today but I can't promise anything atm.

MontyServo

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

We'll all have something cool to look forward to next Christmas then.   ;D  Unless you wanna go ahead and release it whenever it is ready, regardless of season.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 09:51:23 AM »
I'll buy it, but only if Darth Geek waits around in a lab coat in the hot sun for an hour and a half waiting for Doctor Who.

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »
Already saw the show, don't find an encore particularly worth the cost.

I also saw the show and it was one of the funniest things I have seen in years in a movie theater.

Even if I don't watch it again anytime soon, I know that it will be something I'll want to watch again at some point in the future.  So I'll be picking this up as soon as I can.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
Already saw the show, don't find an encore particularly worth the cost.

I also saw the show and it was one of the funniest things I have seen in years in a movie theater.

Even if I don't watch it again anytime soon, I know that it will be something I'll want to watch again at some point in the future.  So I'll be picking this up as soon as I can.

Looks like you were crafting your reply at the same time I was editing my original post.  It's like that episode of Early Edition where the guy who had the paper before Gary photocopied the article about Gary being killed before preventing his death.  Then he enclosed the altered paper with the photocopy in one envelope.

In fact, I'm modifying my reply right now!  I wonder if you're typing something else in response to the earlier draft.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »

Oh, come on. You and the fathom staff surely have nothing better to do in the week before Christmas.