login

Author Topic: Your Game of the Year 2009  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Megaweapon

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Kind of between jobs right now
Re: Your Game of the Year 2009
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
Game of the Year (Single Player)

Game of the Year (Multi-Player)

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
Re: Your Game of the Year 2009
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »
Rock Band 2 is the game I've played the most this year by far.  But since that was released in 2008 I guess that doesn't really count.

At this point Assassin's Creed 2 takes the prize as my game of the year.  I'm a sucker for collecting things and this game has me running around like a maniac trying to find all 250 some odd treasure chests, 100 feathers, paintings, weapons, armor, etc.  Not to mention all of the side missions like assassination contracts, courier missions, races, and restoring your villa.  There's so much to do besides the main storyline that you can lose dozens of hours of your life to tracking everything down.  The main story isn't exactly short either. 

Bravo, Ubisoft!  You finally delivered the Assassin's Creed game that you should have the first time around.

If I could choose a close second I think I'd give it to Beatles: Rock Band.  Simply because I was never a huge fan of the Beatles before this game came out.  But upon playing this game I grew to have a much greater appreciation for them (This happened to me with a lot of other bands in Rock Band 2, too).  It helps that this is a great party game, too.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.