login

Author Topic: The Simpsons seems to be skipping a few seasons on DVD.  (Read 7940 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: The Simpsons seems to be skipping a few seasons on DVD.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
That's like saying a car that gets five miles to the gallon is better than a car that gets 50 miles to the gallon.  Also the old car has no roof and it's radio is stuck all an all rap station.

Nope.

The old car gets you from Point A to Point B. The new car gets you from Point A to Point B.  All Thrifty cares about is getting from Point A to Point B. He doesn't care if the new car does it more efficiently or looks prettier or sounds better. The old car gets the job done for him.

In that case why isn't he still driving a clunker from the late 70s,in other words why ever upgrade from VHS? ;D  Sorry i couldn't resist.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6796
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
'cause there aren't any gas stations that stock leaded these days.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
That's like saying a car that gets five miles to the gallon is better than a car that gets 50 miles to the gallon.  Also the old car has no roof and it's radio is stuck all an all rap station.

Nope.

The old car gets you from Point A to Point B. The new car gets you from Point A to Point B.  All Thrifty cares about is getting from Point A to Point B. He doesn't care if the new car does it more efficiently or looks prettier or sounds better. The old car gets the job done for him.

In that case why isn't he still driving a clunker from the late 70s,in other words why ever upgrade from VHS? ;D  Sorry i couldn't resist.

I used to drive a 1989 Ford Taurus I bought from my sister in law for 300 bucks.  It had some problems; the driver's side window wouldn't go up, the trunk wouldn't open because I jammed a toothpick in there, the passenger's side mirror fell off (just the glass part).  The air conditioning didn't work.

At one point, I hit a deer which knocked off my driver's side mirror, fucked up my driver's side door, and took out one of the head lights.  I thought it would cost more to fix the car than what it cost to buy initially.  Also I didn't really like the car that much.  I kinda wish I'd stuck with that car though.  I went out and financed the car I'm driving now, cost me 10 grand, plus the insurance costs more.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 05:21:20 PM »

Nope.

There are times when I look at stuff that I recorded with the DVR and think..."Damn, if I could just have it start the next recording from this point in of what's on there now...instead of having to futz around with finishing the disc, ripping it to the computer, editing it down, unfinishing the disc and then hope that it erases like it's supposed to but won't always....plus the editing of the thing I'm trying to save..."

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 06:02:26 PM »
Hey, I'll freely admit that Blu-Ray is a jump in picture and sound quality, even though I haven't seen it for myself.  I'll trust the aficionados on this one.  That's still not a good enough reason to buy new hardware for Blu-Ray, or abandon hardware that is still fully functional.  I wouldn't replace my full functional 2002 model car with a shiny new 2010 model just because it looks prettier, and I wouldn't buy a Blu-Ray just because they look better.  And I think that trying to force that preference on someone else isn't very nice.

Well good news no one is trying to force anything on you,no one is release stuff on Blu Ray only. 

I know, and I'm happy about that.  I don't like what Ortega is suggesting should happen

Hmm, i only prefer having a TV season on BD simply becuase of less actual discs.  I have at least up to 8 seasons of Simpsons on DVD, not to mention various other TV SHows, and one little thing i hate about box sets is the myriad number of discs.  I hate losing disc 3 of a set, and being SOL.  I simply enjoy the high storage capacity.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »
I wish that they marketed blu-ray as a high capacity DVD regardless of definition. I would love to have 10-15 episodes of any given show on one single disc. Instead they solely marketed Blu-ray as high definition. That is what everyone expects from a blu-ray disc.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:54 AM »
I wish that they marketed blu-ray as a high capacity DVD regardless of definition. I would love to have 10-15 episodes of any given show on one single disc. Instead they solely marketed Blu-ray as high definition. That is what everyone expects from a blu-ray disc.

I've been waiting for someone to try that.  There are plenty of tv shows that wouldn't sell well as season sets that you could cram into a few blu-rays and sell as a complete series for a good price. 

As for the Simpsons if you have Seasons 1-12 you have all the best stuff already no need to buy anymore.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

spaceforarent

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
the trunk wouldn't open because I jammed a toothpick in there
I have to say I am very interested in how this came about.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

Me too.

Story!

Story!

Story!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 04:25:01 PM »

Me too.

Story!

Story!

Story!

Just a random stupid thing.  I had a toothpick.  I felt like mimicking lock picking motions I saw on TV.  I didn't imagine the toothpick would break.

I was perfectly sober.  It was the middle of a weekday.  I was 26 years old.

I also, for the record, had a perfectly functioning key for that trunk.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
Season 13 announced.  August 25.

Cover art is Ralph:

The exciting part? It's gonna be out on BD too.

I know which one I'll be getting. :)

Oh, and the commentaries are back, which just bears out what I said about the BD S20 release: it will get a proper release once we get there in order.

YES!

I know what I am getting in August.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
I know it would be double dipping, but I hope they re-do the season 20 set when they get back to it (ie, in order)....  One of the reasons I buy these is for the commentaries.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
I know it would be double dipping, but I hope they re-do the season 20 set when they get back to it (ie, in order)....  One of the reasons I buy these is for the commentaries.

It's only double-dipping if you buy it twice, not if they release it twice.  At least, that's the way I understand the term to be used.

And I'm definitely counting on them to re-release it.  The thing they produced was just a tie-in with the 20th anniversary, and to get some Simpsons out on Blu.

Yes, that's how the term is to be used, and therefore for me (and many others) it will be double-dipping.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
I rented the Blu Ray but when I saw there weren't any extras I decided not to buy it,so i will not have double dipped. 

Hey on the season 20 set there was an add for a film about the history of The Simpsons,anyone know when or if it is coming to DvD or Blu Ray?

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »

It's only double-dipping if you buy it twice, not if they release it twice.  At least, that's the way I understand the term to be used.

And I'm definitely counting on them to re-release it.  The thing they produced was just a tie-in with the 20th anniversary, and to get some Simpsons out on Blu.

Yes, that's how the term is to be used, and therefore for me (and many others) it will be double-dipping.

You bought that BD release?

SUCKAH!

BD?!  I don't know what that means.  Bio Dome!?

I picked up the dvd set when it was on sale at WalMart, because I didn't even KNOW it had been released and didn't realise it was more bare bones than bare bones.  Either way, I hadn't seen any of the episodes yet, so I at least got to catch up on those.