login

Author Topic: The Spoony One  (Read 22680 times)

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
Re: The Spoony One
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
Said "After Last Season" riff can still be found by searching blip.tv, though I don't know how long that will last.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
Even though he'll make it for free I actually wish he would put it in the iRiffs section.  Might help to promote himself further and qualify for the next contest if its ever going to happen.

I don't think Spoony needs that much more promotion, and if he's going to put out riffs through other sources I think Rifftrax should just offer him a Rifftrax Presents track right off the bat rather than have another iRiff contest go to an established internet celebrity.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5616
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:42 AM »
Even though he'll make it for free I actually wish he would put it in the iRiffs section.  Might help to promote himself further and qualify for the next contest if its ever going to happen.

I don't think Spoony needs that much more promotion, and if he's going to put out riffs through other sources I think Rifftrax should just offer him a Rifftrax Presents track right off the bat rather than have another iRiff contest go to an established internet celebrity.
Spoony doing a Rifftrax Presents would be awesome!

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 07:14:56 AM »
Spoony announced on his site that commentary for the movie After Last season is now available as an iRiff:

I got my head on straight because I just purchased it.

http://www.rifftrax.com/node/53569
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:52:18 AM by Lemming Howard »
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
SWEET. I've been hoping he'd start releasing iRiffs.

Moleman

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:42 AM »
With all the work he puts into his site I seriously doubt there will be another one.  At least not for a very long time.  If he riffs any full length movies they'll be public domain and he'll just put them on his site.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that he should come in and step over all us little people trying to get established as riffers doing our own stuff.  Although if his really was the best, is that wrong if he won?  But you're right what I really want is for him to do a real rifftrax, either on his own or alongside any of Mike, Kevin, or Bill.  If you're already established and you can prove that you can write a good riff that people will buy then they should just let you do a Rifftrax Presents.  I kind of got the impression that's what the idea was for in the first place anyway.  I'd be shocked if the thatguywiththeglasses riff didn't sell more than all the Matthew Elliot and Cole and Janet riffs and certainly Spoony's would surpass that as well.  I'm not saying that one was necessarily better since I know a lot of people didn't like it for some reason, but just by Internet name recognition.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »
With all the work he puts into his site I seriously doubt there will be another one.  At least not for a very long time.  If he riffs any full length movies they'll be public domain and he'll just put them on his site.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that he should come in and step over all us little people trying to get established as riffers doing our own stuff.  Although if his really was the best, is that wrong if he won?  But you're right what I really want is for him to do a real rifftrax, either on his own or alongside any of Mike, Kevin, or Bill.  If you're already established and you can prove that you can write a good riff that people will buy then they should just let you do a Rifftrax Presents.  I kind of got the impression that's what the idea was for in the first place anyway.  I'd be shocked if the thatguywiththeglasses riff didn't sell more than all the Matthew Elliot and Cole and Janet riffs and certainly Spoony's would surpass that as well.  I'm not saying that one was necessarily better since I know a lot of people didn't like it for some reason, but just by Internet name recognition.

And I certainly don't want to say that he absolutely shouldn't put out an iRiff, and if I can actually find a copy of this piece of crap movie I'll probably buy this new one.  Been a fan of his for awhile and I check his site constantly for new videos.  Basically I think he's already above being in an iRiff contest.

gum.co/RFTthing

Moleman

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
Yes! He put Captain Z-Ro Ep1 up too.  Another dollar for the Spoony One.

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/spoony-experiment-captain-z-ro-episode-1

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »
I was able to catch the blip version of the "After Last Season" riff, and I later bought the MP3 out of support of ol' Spoony. Don't currently have it in my budget to spend twenty bucks on a really bad movie on DVD, so who knows when I'll actually re-watch the riff.

This is one of those movies that speaks for itself on how bad and incompetent it is, but unlike "The Room", it's not funny on it's own, it's just incredibly dull. As a result, there are several "state park" jokes in the riff, especially near the beginning, but they're almost necessary. It's a pretty solid riff overall, with several throwbacks to earlier Spoony videos such as Phantasmagoria and Strike Commando, but enough other jokes that most people could probably enjoy it without already being a Spoony fan.

Not sure how well it'll sell among non-Spoony fans, though, as this isn't exactly a convenient film to track down. His VOD of Captain Z-Ro will probably sell better, even though the riff is also free on his site. (Hey, what's a dollar here and there to support beloved internet personalities?)

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »
There's been a lot of back and forth between Mike and Spoony lately - maybe something good will come of this?
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
There's been a lot of back and forth between Mike and Spoony lately - maybe something good will come of this?

Yeah, I saw Mike mentioning him and the new riff on Facebook.  Guess we can keep our fingers crossed.

gum.co/RFTthing

Moleman

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
From Mike Nelson's twitter:

Saw the strange elaborate hoax "After Last Season". Now I need to see @thespoonyone 's iRiff http://www.rifftrax.com/node/53569

That's so awesome.  Hope he really does watch it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5616
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 07:34:37 AM »
From Mike Nelson's twitter:

Saw the strange elaborate hoax "After Last Season". Now I need to see @thespoonyone 's iRiff http://www.rifftrax.com/node/53569

That's so awesome.  Hope he really does watch it.
Yeah. I wonder if he watches Spoony's videos. I would love them to do a Dr. Insano reference sometime. I also wonder how many of the iRiffs they watch.

I'M SCIENCIER!

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »
Watching the riff now - oh wow this movie is awful.  Makes The Room seem Oscar quality level awful.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »
I can't get over the ceiling fan in the so-called MRI room.  It even get's it's own close up.
And I'm worse than Hitler.