login

Author Topic: The Spoony One  (Read 22684 times)

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
Re: The Spoony One
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 06:11:35 AM »
But my personal favorite line is from the "Alone in the Dark" review..."I brought SCIENCE!"

If you ever get a chance to check out the recent TGWTG DVD, the Alone in the Dark bloopers feature a lot of equally (if not more) hilarious Insano adlibs.

My personal favorite:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

/way too late reply

Moleman

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
I thought I was having a heart attack laughing at that one.

WHY OH WHY DID THAT ONE NOT MAKE IT INTO THE REVIEW?!?

I guess it took away from the joke they were doing already with random people walking in and getting shot.

As far as Spoony, that's the only thing on the TGWTG DVD.  The DVD is intended for Doug Walker fans and doesn't have hardly anything with anybody else.  Lot of great content but Spoony's only in that and Spooning with Spoony 1.

Offline doggans

• doggans.com
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 08:45:43 AM »
Yeah, I love Doug and understand that it's a DVD of HIS stuff (and I guess the other Channel Awesome contributors are free to create their own DVDs, if they have enough material that doesn't break copyright), but I would have liked more stuff from the others. I'm surprised they didn't include a rescored version of the One Year Anniversary Brawl, although maybe they don't have the raw footage or edit files anymore.

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Holy crap, watching the Ripper riff and it's great!  "Damn, shouldn't have bought the cheap brain tumbler!"  Bwahahaha

(heh, the end of the Ripper riff outs him as a definite MST3k fan.   Stinger at the end of act 3 and some Rowsdowerage.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:25:36 AM by byuni »

Offline doggans

• doggans.com
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
(heh, the end of the Ripper riff outs him as a definite MST3k fan.   Stinger at the end of act 3 and some Rowsdowerage.)

Yeah, he often has MST3K shoutouts, some obvious, some more subtle. (Notice his T-shirts during the NC Alone in the Dark and Team Brawl videos?)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »

Yeah, he often has MST3K shoutouts, some obvious, some more subtle. (Notice his T-shirts during the NC Alone in the Dark and Team Brawl videos?)

I'm not sure where exactly they are anymore, but he's made some behind the scenes commentaries on his videos and he says clearly he's a big MST3K and Rifftrax fan.  I think I've heard him suggest Rifftrax a couple times in his vlogs too.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5617
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:23 PM »

I'm not sure where exactly they are anymore, but he's made some behind the scenes commentaries on his videos and he says clearly he's a big MST3K and Rifftrax fan.  I think I've heard him suggest Rifftrax a couple times in his vlogs too.
Oh, yeah. This guy is a HUGE MST3K fan and Rifftrax Fan. He's said before that The Spoony Experiment itself was originally supposed to be more of a bad game riffing type situation with silhouettes and robots and host segments and everything. But that was too ambitious. That's why he mad Burton, the blue robot that you see next to him.

Besides, how secret of a MST3K fan are you when you were PUMA MAN and Leave The Bronx T-shirts?

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
Very true :)

And by not starting that riff at the beginning I missed all the Fingal Dopple stuff too.  hehe

Moleman

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
Just out of curiosity I searched for Spoony in the Rifftrax forum members list and came up with two hits:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?action=profile;u=797

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3257

The first one's definitely him but the second one might be an oldschool fan of his unless he forgot his account info at one point and made another.

In his Twilight New Moon vlog he basically demanded people buy the Twilight Rifftrax and referred to the one nervous vampire as "Harpo" several times.

Also in his commentary for The Thing PC game review he mentioned doing his own Rifftrax of The Thing movie before Rifftrax was around but then right when he was finished with it the program crashed and he lost the whole thing.  That would have been interesting to hear.

As others have said he casually mentions Rifftrax every once in a while in other videos and makes MST3K joke references occasionally.  In his Captain America review he referenced the "He tried to kill me with a Forklift" song.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »
Personally I'd be shocked if anyone who does that style of movie review/game review/anything review wasn't a MST fan.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5617
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
Personally I'd be shocked if anyone who does that style of movie review/game review/anything review wasn't a MST fan.
I''m shocked when anyone isn't an MST3K fan. Shocked and saddened.

Moleman

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
<a href="http://blip.tv/play/hIVVgd3_AgI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://blip.tv/play/hIVVgd3_AgI</a>

Moleman

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »
I was browsing the Spoony Experiment forum and found out Spoony already did his own Rifftrax/MST3K commentaries a long time ago before there was iRiffs.

The quality is pretty shitty but not even a full minute into Dungeons and Dragons and I was laughing out loud "Well they got the drag part right, and the dung part"

Dungeons and Dragons
Starship Troopers
Matrix Revolutions
Judge Dredd

I don't think its possible to find the original commentaries by themselves anymore.

Offline cfkane

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
I was browsing the Spoony Experiment forum and found out Spoony already did his own Rifftrax/MST3K commentaries a long time ago before there was iRiffs.

The quality is pretty shitty but not even a full minute into Dungeons and Dragons and I was laughing out loud "Well they got the drag part right, and the dung part"

Dungeons and Dragons
Starship Troopers
Matrix Revolutions
Judge Dredd

I don't think its possible to find the original commentaries by themselves anymore.

Wow! I thought I knew everything that Spoony did but I'd never heard of this before. He could probably just re-record this with better audio quality and release it as an iRiff.

Moleman

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »
This morning Spoony had an entire rifftrax split into three parts of some movie called After Last Season. I watched part 1 and I swear this is the cheapest looking actual movie I've ever seen.  They basically put paper of a bedroom wall and called it a hospital and even had an MRI machine that was nothing but paper and cardboard boxes with masking tape EXPOSED IN THE SHOT!!!  This makes movies like the Room and exploitation films like the Cinema Snob covers look descent in terms of production.

This was also the most boring, nothing happening movie I've ever seen and as great as Spoony's riffing was, it was only barely enough to keep me watching it.

Sadly though, the film makers found out about it and asked him to take it down from his site.  He'll still make it available to download as a full audio commentary but we'll have to buy the DVD ourselves.  I seriously can't believe this is something that CAN be put on DVD.

Even though he'll make it for free I actually wish he would put it in the iRiffs section.  Might help to promote himself further and qualify for the next contest if its ever going to happen.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:02:07 PM by Moleman »