Author Topic: There isn't a tighter shirt!  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
There isn't a tighter shirt!
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »
I thought this was a funny line, and just about the only attempt at humor that worked.  I wish the guys had left it alone rather than try to riff off that line. 

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: There isn't a tighter shirt!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
It was a big step up in humor compared to the rest of the movie.  It almost seemed like someone else snuck in and put it in the script while no one was looking, and they were filming too fast to stop and say "wait, was that a joke?  Any way we can just turn that to dogs humping?"
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
Maybe it was ad-libbed or something. While I did think it was the only joke I kind of laughed at, I do think it had something to do with coming in after so long with so many painfully unfunny jokes, that ANYTHING that kind of worked, felt like a gutbuster by comparison.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
It was a big step up in humor compared to the rest of the movie.  It almost seemed like someone else snuck in and put it in the script while no one was looking, and they were filming too fast to stop and say "wait, was that a joke?  Any way we can just turn that to dogs humping?"

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Like it was put in by accident, and they jsut left it in, hoping the dog humping and car spraying liquid would cover it up.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Like it was put in by accident, and they jsut left it in, hoping the dog humping and car spraying liquid would cover it up.
Can't say they don't make mistakes.