login

Author Topic: Questions about the bees  (Read 1684 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Questions about the bees
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
We just rewatched this and were puzzled about a few plot points.

First, in the movie the "bad guys" imply that they are going to hurt Mulder by going after "those he loved" (or something like that), strongly implying Scully. However, they don't appear to go after her, the bee sting apparently being accidental. Was it their devious plan to have her go into their bee farm and just coincidentally pick up a bee? Or was it an empty threat (or a future one, or something)?

And second, it seems improbable that some of the bees wouldn't have, at some point, wandered out of the corn field area and stung someone else.

I mean, viral extra-terrestrials gestating in human hosts I can believe, but these plot point issues are too far fetched!  ;)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Questions about the bees
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
Also the movie causes problems with the series. In the series the black oil can only enter through open orifices but in the movie it can infect the host through tennis shoes. Even after the movie they have those "rebel" guys with their eyes and mouths sewn shut to protect them from the oil.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com