login

Author Topic: Michael Bey Has a Great Sense of Humor!  (Read 6001 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4221
Michael Bey Has a Great Sense of Humor!
« on: October 22, 2009, 05:38:47 PM »
I got Transformers: I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up on Tuesday.  I watched it unriffed (as I usually do with newer, faster-paced films, so I can get my own "what the f*ck?" thoughts out of the way before I try to concentrate on a riffing).  I haven't seen the riffed version yet.

But I noticed something TOTALLY unsuspected as I watched:  Michael Bey has a great sense of humor!

Not the cloddish, stupid things that come out of the mouths of various robots and people, or the sometimes borderline racist stereotypes, not the 'assorted robot bodily fluids' which are sprayed on anyone within Qum-shot [Qum is a city in Iran], not the inane events that could never happen even if multi-story-tall robots came here from another planet (e.g. being unseen on the Great Pyramids), something REALLY funny that he doesn't draw childish amounts of attention to...

...he had the make-up people put those huge fake wax lips on Meagan Fox and left them on through the whole film!

Her lips don't move when she 'emotes'.

Her lips don't move when she talks (and not just because she doesn't enunciate, the areas around her lips move, but the lips themselves don't).

Her lips don't move when she gets her face mashed by LaBeuf.

Wax lips making someone who was fairly pretty into a clownish caricature for no reason!

That. Is. Absolutely. Hilarious!   :D  Good job, Bey!   :D

... oh, those were from collagen injections ruining her otherwise pretty face?

Nevermind....

Any other apparently-unintended humorous movie moments?  [Not obvious ones or people could copy most of the script here.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Michael Bey Has a Great Sense of Humor!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »
You were looking at her lips??   ???

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
Well, in close-ups there's nothing else on the screen.

And even in other shots, I'm no longer seven years old so water balloons don't hold any interest for me (whether they are covered with skin or not).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
After Optimis died and they brought his body to the military base. The helicopter just releasing it and letting it unceremoniously flop to the ground (amidst the sad, dramatic music) had me laughing a lot.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
After Optimis died and they brought his body to the military base. The helicopter just releasing it and letting it unceremoniously flop to the ground (amidst the sad, dramatic music) had me laughing a lot.

You too huh?
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »

Ohhhh yeah... DEEPLY respectful of their fallen camrade 'with whom they spilled much blood and metal' (or whatever the line was earlier in the film).

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 1
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
Transformers: I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

:D   :D   :D

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »

Ohhhh yeah... DEEPLY respectful of their fallen camrade 'with whom they spilled much blood and metal' (or whatever the line was earlier in the film).

But 8-year-olds the world over were crying into their Transformers pillow long into the night after that one.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »

But 8-year-olds the world over were crying into their Transformers pillow long into the night after that one.
Why? There was no sense of certainty about it as they had already resurrected one character in the movie already.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »

Why? There was no sense of certainty about it as they had already resurrected one character in the movie already.
People (characters) never die in sci-fi.

spaceforarent

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

3001 is a perfect example of this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »

WHAT?!?!?!?!  >:(

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »

WHAT?!?!?!?!  >:(
Well, technically.....