4 (8.7%)
2 (4.3%)
1 (2.2%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Transform and rank a riff...  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2433
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Transform and rank a riff...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 04:32:25 PM »
Here's my question:

As one who wisely avoided Transformers 2, is the riffing plentiful enough to mitigate the sheer obnoxiousness of that cinematic sapiecide?

Admittedly, it's still a bit of a slog, but personally I prefer a riff of a bad movie...
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5365
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
Here's my question:

As one who wisely avoided Transformers 2, is the riffing plentiful enough to mitigate the sheer obnoxiousness of that cinematic sapiecide?
If you haven't seen it before, you may feel the urge to watch parts of it that were talked over so you can understand what is going on. Don't! It won't help, and it'll hurt.

Moleman

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »
Fuzzy, its a very good riff but I'd highly recommend having your eyes focuses on something else while its playing.  The only way I was able to handle it was on my computer in a small window on the bottom corner of the screen while I played a game or did other things.  If you have it on your TV do a crossword puzzle or something.

The movie was so hyper and has so much CRAP going on constantly that if I stared at it for longer then a couple minutes I felt like I was being over-sensitized.  You'd pretty much have to be a child or have adult ADD just to keep up with the pacing.  And that isn't even including all the stuff that's REALLY wrong with it.  You pay attention to that and you'll end up panting and mumbling to yourself in a corner long after its over.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
I do have adult ADD, and I'll thank you not to assume I like Michael Bay movies more than other people just because I have a neurological disorder. >_o
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

NiceGuyKeath

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
I loved the first one, but the riff for Revenge of the Fallen was filled mostly with meta-communication. I understand very well that many, many people didn't like and even hated Revenge of the Fallen. I personally liked the movie and was welcoming of a funny commentary much like the first one. This one however was over-burdened with self-aware comments about the movie itself. Talking specifically about Bay and Shia as the actors they are versus the ideas that Bay was trying to convey or Shia's character, Sam. It was almost as if the guys went on to the IMDB message boards and copied and pasted threads from there to make their script.

Again ripping the movie to shreds is great, that's why I bought the rifftrax, I just wanted something more organic and natural. It could have been funny and entertaining versus hearing three individuals talk openly about how they don't like a movie.

The only rifftrax I've ever heard that I straight up did not like.

Offline anonemoose

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
I personally liked the movie

WAIWAIWAIWAIWAIt....

WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAIT...

WAWAWAWAWAWAWW#$(@#*$KJlkfjdslfkjdfioeurlewkrnWAIt....

You actually liked this movie?

Come on.

What I was most impressed by, not having seen the movie, was how crappy TF2 really is. Anyone else here watch a lot of bad Korean action movies? Watch the opening of TF2 again, and notice the camerawork and how scenes are put together. The movie is filmed exactly like D-War, or (etc).

I wish the guys would have commented on how EVERY scene in this movie is blue and orange. LeBouf is wearing a blue shirt, his roommate has an orange shirt. On his dorm wall, a blue poster and an orange poster. Megan Fox's skin is orange and Shea is lit with blue. There's a blue computer monitor and orange light in the room. It's just freaking endless!

Solid Riff.

I have to be forgetting something.

Am I?

Nonononononononoonononononoononononon I don't think I am.

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 12:02:26 AM »
I personally liked the movie

WAIWAIWAIWAIWAIt....

WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAIT...

WAWAWAWAWAWAWW#$(@#*$KJlkfjdslfkjdfioeurlewkrnWAIt....

You actually liked this movie?

Come on.

What I was most impressed by, not having seen the movie, was how crappy TF2 really is. Anyone else here watch a lot of bad Korean action movies? Watch the opening of TF2 again, and notice the camerawork and how scenes are put together. The movie is filmed exactly like D-War, or (etc).

I wish the guys would have commented on how EVERY scene in this movie is blue and orange. LeBouf is wearing a blue shirt, his roommate has an orange shirt. On his dorm wall, a blue poster and an orange poster. Megan Fox's skin is orange and Shea is lit with blue. There's a blue computer monitor and orange light in the room. It's just freaking endless!

Solid Riff.

I have to be forgetting something.

Am I?

Nonononononononoonononononoononononon I don't think I am.

The blue and orange is becoming endemic and makes things stand out less not more when you do it on every scene. Especially ironic in this case since the robots are so indistinct it's almost impossible to tell most of them apart when in motion and having ENTIRE SCENE pop out EXCEPT the robots which are already indistinct makes matters ten times worse. Basically people making this movie are idiots I guess.

The models are also detailed at just the right level of granularity to make them lose all form, making them even more bland and indistinct, and yet at the lowest level have super crappy lack of detailing to make them not seem like they are real materials. Probably makes no sense to anyone who doesn't make 3D models but basically they would be crappy for a game let alone a big budget movie.