login

Author Topic: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)  (Read 16373 times)

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
Re: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »
My apologies if I'm repeating points made by others. I have not read every post in this thread.

But onto the list...

-"Leadership" in Bayformers language means "being able to blow up the sun" because that's all the "Matrix Of Leadership" was made for... blowing up suns... But I guess "Matrix Of Leadership" is catchier than "Matrix Of Supernovas"

-The Allspark should have been left alone because anything it touches and brings to life is violently evil.

-The Fallen is really lazy since he sat for thousands of years before the other Transformers showed up. Remember Bumblebee was the one who signaled them in the first place in the first movie.

-"Top Secret" security apparently is still not important enough for security cameras.

-Autobots hunt down and murder Decepticons, even when they apparently aren't doing anything. They seem to not care how many humans get caught in the crossfire either. When they catch their targets, they just cap them in the head, without any thought of offering mercy. And they're supposed to be the good guys.

-Some middle aged housewives apparently still have no idea what pot is, even though they would have remembered the 60s and 70s.

-Aliens in other galaxies must utilize the SR-71 body style, because Jetfire has no recollection where Earth is... despite being in the form of a decades-old Earth jet.

-Covert operations still involve deploying in public, with vehicles that have your operation's name plastered all over them

-Women go wild for geeky guys who, despite being an item for 2 years, still never say they love her

-Robot Gods have power over whether humans die or not, and are big fans of The Lion King

-When trying to snuff out the one human with the key to unlocking your goal of world destruction, don't bother targeting him from the distance. Just make a high-tech robot slut, enroll her in his college classes, and have her follow him around for days. He'll eventually fall for it, even if she misses multitudes of opportunities to kill him without anybody noticing.

-When trying to steal the one remaining key to the above world destruction, don't send one of your nearly indestructible soldiers who can transform into a great machine of war.... send a toy truck with questionable loyalty who is one tenth the size of a human.

-Optimus Prime is the fastest of all the Autobots, despite being a truck. This is evidenced by no other Autobots being around during the fight following the rescue of Sam.

-Bumblebee must have some sort of robot learning disability, because he was able to talk at the end of the first movie, but is reduced once again to speaking through radio clips again come this one.

-In the Cybertronian numbering system, "twins" mean "three".

-Megatron forgets his priorities sometimes. When resurrected in the first movie, he doesn't bother with trying to get back in touch with his master, he just wants the cube.

-The Allspark is very moody. A fragment of it gets Sam all freaked out. But yet he could carry around the entire cube with no problems in the first movie. Not to mention the cube kills Megatron... and then later is used to resurrect him.

-Even though your race has mastered interstellar space travel, always keep the key to the aforementioned world destruction on the same planet. Then have you and all your friends dies around it. Nobody will go looking for it on the same planet. Taking it to another star system is just ridiculous.

-When you've failed at world destruction, don't bother traveling to another planet to destroy it and feed off the energon. Just wait around for 12,000 years since you clearly have enough energon in your system already to live such a long time. Somebody is bound to pick up where you left off.

I may come up with more, but that's all I got for now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 06:22:45 AM by Zandrax »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »
But I guess "Matrix Of Leadership" is catchier than "Matrix Of Supernovas"

You'd think Bay would have gone for "Matrix Of Destruction"....

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4221
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2009, 07:06:50 PM »
-Some middle aged housewives apparently still have no idea what pot is, even though they would have remembered the 60s and 70s.

To be fair: if she smoked enough of the good stuff, that'd be understandable.   ;D

Aliens in other galaxies must utilize the SR-71 body style, because Jetfire has no recollection where Earth is... despite being in the form of a decades-old Earth jet.

It's a very organic shape... clearly it occurs naturally in nature, and Earth designs were just emulating it.

I really like your observations.  Especially about the fondness of ancient autobots for the Lion King.  And, yeah, the "male can't say 'I love you'" crap ceased applying to American males, what, in the 40s?  50s?  (Some even say it now just to get into someone's pants.)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2009, 08:57:44 AM »

Yeah, but he's still trying to tie his movies in with the animated movie for us old school fans. The problem is, he takes the matrix of leadership and turns it into something to make a sun destroying gun blow up instead of the mantle of leadership for the Autobots. Because that's what it's all about, making shit blow up.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:49 AM »

Yeah, but he's still trying to tie his movies in with the animated movie for us old school fans. The problem is, he takes the matrix of leadership and turns it into something to make a sun destroying gun blow up instead of the mantle of leadership for the Autobots. Because that's what it's all about, making shit blow up.
Well, I guess you could argue that since (according to the movie) they had to blow up suns to have energy to live...and the leader should make sure that they always have the energy available to go on living...that sort of kind of makes sense....

I guess.

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2009, 01:45:06 PM »
Well, I guess you could argue that since (according to the movie) they had to blow up suns to have energy to live...and the leader should make sure that they always have the energy available to go on living...that sort of kind of makes sense....

I guess.
Not even Stretch Armstrong can reach that far.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »

I guess.
Not even Stretch Armstrong can reach that far.
How about Reed Richards?   :D

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
Added a couple more to my list...

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »
I also offer apologies if anything here has been repeated...

I learned that the college Sam Witwicky goes to is apparently bigger than NASA, because Astronomy 101 is such an amazingly popular class that hundreds upon hundreds of people attend it.

I learned that the aforementioned college also bends over backwards for its students, allowing them to put vending machines in their dorms, seemingly before the college is constructed, as most doors aren't big enough to fit vending machines through.

I learned that the Chinese people are woefully blind to otherworldly wheeled vehicles destroying many miles worth of elevated roadway.

I learned that the American Special Forces are quite wasteful with their automatic weapon ammunition, firing it constantly into large mechanical beings who are completely unfazed.

I learned that two specific Autobots took "blending in" much too far.

I learned that this movie will be playing on an endless loop in Hell, along with The Hottie and the Nottie, and White Chicks.

Offline prophetx

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • He tried to kill me with a forklift!
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

Oh, libraries will let you use the computers without a card.  I used a few at some libraries in Virginia, and my hobo uncle uses them all the time.

Hey, I played bass for Hobo Uncle!

I learned that the a transformer can only transform quickly after first taking several minutes to do so earlier in the film.

I learned that if you are battling a technologically advanced species, it is important to list all possible enemy objectives in detail over an open communication frequency.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »
I learned that the aforementioned college also bends over backwards for its students, allowing them to put vending machines in their dorms, seemingly before the college is constructed, as most doors aren't big enough to fit vending machines through.

And what's so really stupid about that is that there are mini fridges and similar things that are offered with team logos and brand name graphics...for example...

...that they could have put in that same place and made their same Product Placement Check for and have it still make sense.....

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »

And what's so really stupid about that is that there are mini fridges and similar things that are offered with team logos and brand name graphics...for example...

...that they could have put in that same place and made their same Product Placement Check for and have it still make sense.....
Oooooh, my brother would love one of those!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
I learned that Shia and his Idiot Posse would be surprised that their captured Decepticon might take them to meet another Decepticon.

I learned that the first wheel was an alien robot.

I learned that the ancient Egyptian stonemasons who carved Petra out of solid rock missed a mass of giant dead robot bodies by less than a foot.

I learned that when you see a small robot insect spying on your location, it is important to destroy it as slowly as possible.

I learned that Devastator, one of the Decepticon's greatest weapons, is mainly just a big Dustbuster.

I learned that The Fallen will teleport in to steal the Matrix from Optimus Prime, and then teleport away, instead of destroying Optimus (the only one who can  kill him) while he had the chance when Optimus was down and badly hurt.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:54:26 PM by Darth Geek »