login

Author Topic: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)  (Read 16121 times)

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
Re: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:42 PM »
I also learned that the Smithsonian and the National Mall are located in a airplane graveyard in New Mexico.

I burst out laughing at that. Though to be fair, I would be very surprised if Michael Bay has ever set foot in a museum. Or a college, apparently.

I learned that the rank system for enlisted soldiers in the military is based off how dramatic you look when show from a high angle with a sunset in the background. For officers it's how ornery and grizzled your accent is.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:15:25 PM by RobtheBarbärian »

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2361
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
I learned that resurecting a good noble hero robot results in a similar psycho level as a child buried in the Pet Cemetary who'll now deliver lines that could make Hannibal Lechter dump in his pants.

"Give me your face"?  Really? 
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »
-I learned that the government can cover up GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING AND DESTROYING A MAJOR CITY.

-I learned that after having your ass saved by your protective robot, you will tell him to go away because the college won't allow freshmen to have cars.  WTF?   

And a question...since the first film, they seem to have established that the All Spark seems to create only batshit crazy evil robots.

So where did the Autobots come from?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:14:50 AM by Tony Farms AKA Puma Man »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 1
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »
-I learned that the government can cover up GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING AND DESTROYING A MAJOR CITY.

So we learned that the American public is extremely gullible....

(and the box office for this film confirms it)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3245
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »

So we learned that the American public is extremely gullible....

(and the box office for this film confirms it)
Not I.. 8)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »
-I learned that after having your ass saved by your protective robot, you will tell him to go away because the college won't allow freshmen to have cars.  WTF?   
Sam saw that Bumblebee was wasting his life just being a car and staying cooped up in a tiny garage. All the other autobots were out saving the world. Sam was telling Bumblebee to go be with the autobots and used the "Freshmen can't have cars" as a way ot get rid of him.

it is kinda like in the movies where the kid yells at a dog to scare him away because deep down he loves the dog and knows it is better off elsewhere type deals.. This is Micheal Bays version of that... but with a giant robot car...

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
Sam saw that Bumblebee was wasting his life just being a car and staying cooped up in a tiny garage. All the other autobots were out saving the world. Sam was telling Bumblebee to go be with the autobots and used the "Freshmen can't have cars" as a way ot get rid of him.

So we learned that Sam thinks he knows better than those Autobots who are out saving the world what Bumblebee's role in that effort should be...that Sam needed a bodyguard....and SURPRISE....he was wrong.

Offline Kenotic

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 4
  • Small and of no account
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
- I learned that hot girls will pick the biggest dork in the Freshman hallway and attempt to seduce him. (I certainly didn't learn this one in college)
- I learned that pauses and silence can be scientifically extracted from any movie.
- I learned that horribly demeaning character traits from the Americas may have originated billions of years ago on a robotic planet.
- I learned Megan Fox could be upstaged by a comatose Optimus Prime.
- I learned that parents, the women ones specifically, are exceptionally stupid and one hash brownie will leave them drunker than Lucy Arnez selling Vitameatavegamin.
- On a related note, I learned that females exist to primarily fret and/or fawn over males.
- Dogs having sex is funny. Doesn't matter where, doesn't matter which dogs. Robots that look like dogs having sex is just as funny.

I did not learn:

- Sam's roomate's name. Really. Did he have one?
- The guy they dragged along with them for the last half. Did he have a purpose? Did he have a name?
- Why did Megan have to go to the car shop to use the computer?

I was a student at a small midwestern college....

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 03:30:40 PM »
- I learned that parents, the women ones specifically, are exceptionally stupid and one hash brownie will leave them drunker than Lucy Arnez selling Vitameatavegamin.

:D

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
I've only managed to watch the first half hour so far, but I've learned that dorm rooms are huge and have complementary Mountain Dew machines in them.

I also learned that the U.S. Army oversees military operations in the middle of China.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2361
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
I learned that a geeky boy so awkward that he'd be lucky to see any female genetalia without typing in a credit card number first will get told by his father that the attractive girl he stumbled on in the last movie and actually for some reason likes him might not be enough for him and he should be ready to screw around.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »

Because Kinkos wouldn't pay the product placement to show them putting cash on a computer card and use one of theirs?

Is there anywhere else you can use a public computer where you don't need a credit card (can be traced) or a library card?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »

Because Kinkos wouldn't pay the product placement to show them putting cash on a computer card and use one of theirs?

Is there anywhere else you can use a public computer where you don't need a credit card (can be traced) or a library card?

Oh, libraries will let you use the computers without a card.  I used a few at some libraries in Virginia, and my hobo uncle uses them all the time.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5192
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
I learned that on contact with the Allspark, one of my kitchen appliances will turn into an evil metal Mr. Bumpy:

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
I learned that on contact with the Allspark, one of my kitchen appliances will turn into an evil metal Mr. Bumpy:

(okay, sorry about the last one)