login

Author Topic: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)  (Read 16371 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 1
  • Duck!!!
How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »
I've learned...

Despite all the "security systems' ever invented, it's still just as mind-numbingly easy to steal a car as it ever was.

Makers of bad movies have real problems with libraries (see also The Day After Tomorrow).  In fact the worse your movies, the more violent you are toward books.

You can hit a light pole hard enough to damage a robot from another planet yet not throw your passenger through the windshield...even though he's not wearing his seat belt (which we know when the door pops open and he almost falls out).

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 145
Re: How did this Transform you 2? (What have we learned?)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »
I learned that the best way to kill something was to just do it and not pussy foot around.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
I learned nobody ever tires of the song "21 guns" so we may as well play it multiple times during one movie

and the last 7 minutes of the RiffTrax get a  :clap:

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
New Divide sounds better with Disembaudio singing...

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »
EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »
I know everyone on this board is probably going to rip me a new one for saying this, and I am probably sacrificing every ounce of credibility in my body saying this, but I liked Revenge of the fallen. Sure, I found the weird sense of humor to be quirky, but I found it to be charming that for once you have a Michael Bay movie that makes fun of itself for a change. I also think it could have used several minutes of editing, as well as more plot and character development(especially the Transformers characters). Aside from that though, I found it to be a pretty unique and solid action flick. It didn't transform me or anything, but neither did something like Die Hard, so I guess action flicks just don't have the same effect on me like they used to. These days I would actually prefer to watch something like Pride and Prejudice.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »
I learned I was right to avoid this like the plague before the Rifftrax came out.

Yes, Russell, that does sacrifice every ounce of your credibility. To you, and everyone else who like this movie: If you liked this, then you would have liked it even more if a better filmmaker had made it.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
To you, and everyone else who like this movie: If you liked this, then you would have liked it even more if a real filmmaker had made it.

Fixed that for you.

Russell

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 09:40:50 PM »
Yes, Russell, that does sacrifice every ounce of your credibility.
You're entitled to your opinion sir.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4221
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 02:28:12 AM »
[This is not a sarcastic or attempting-to-be-humorous 'what have I learned' like I've written for other films' forums.]

I've learned that Michael Bey makes films like this because his mental state or intent when making films is that of a 7 year old.  The 'humor' in this film fits that age group to a 't'.  Michael Bey was making an over-two-hour long cartoon for Saturday morning, NOT a film for adults to watch.  This is just like George Lucas: they both (choose to?) think at the same maturity level when making films, so those of us first seeing them as adults generally don't care for them.  As such, this film is 'age-appropriate' with the possible exception of some of the more graphic deaths (even most of those were just 'PG' deaths).

However, I am considerably older than 7 and can't get that level of 'childlike wonder' (i.e. lack of analytic capacity) back for the duration of this film.  That, despite having thought the first Transformers film was 'fun for what it was', which was a kid's film.  This film, however (when watching it unriffed prior to the RiffTrax's release), I just barely got past one hour before looking at the clock thinking it must be nearly over.

The basic plot could have been turned into a pretty good action film for the teens and adults that grew up with the characters (kids could have potentially enjoyed that, too).  But that isn't what Michael Bey does, so there's an over-two-hour live-action children's cartoon that got riffed.  [I'm still looking forward to seeing the riffed version, but I couldn't sit through the film twice with only one day between viewings, even if the second time it would've been riffed.]

[See?  Not funny in the slightest (except, possibly, unintentionally.  :) )]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3401
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »
I didn't learn a Damn Thing from this movie.. >:(

How Idiotic a plot tieing in Ancient Egyptian symbols and early Transformers was this, and then destroying Ancient ruins in the process ?!?! ::)

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »
I learned that whenever you're in doubt of which robots are the good or bad guys, blowing away all sentient robots in your path is the answer.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »
I'm learning that the theory of "Music trends coincide with whatever drug is most popular." (Ecstacy had a lot to do with groups like Prodigy) could very well apply to movies....

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
I'm learning that the theory of "Music trends coincide with whatever drug is most popular." (Ecstacy had a lot to do with groups like Prodigy) could very well apply to movies....

Considering those Pot Brownies were prominently featured in this movie, you might be onto something.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3388
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
I learned that if you have a magic device to resurrect your friend, it's easier to resurrect someone else that might have information on how to maybe resurrect your friend.

I also learned that the Smithsonian and the National Mall are located in a airplane graveyard in New Mexico.