Author Topic: Arrested Development  (Read 7616 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 07:30:38 AM »
Hahahaha

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »
Oops. Well try checking this <a href="http://movies.ign.com/articles/719/719518p1.html ">one.[/url]

How does McConaughey keep getting jobs!?!?!?! >:(

I ask the same thing of:
Halle Berry
Kevin Costner
Ben Affleck
Keanu Reeves

...Hollywood (and America?) is stupid.  So they like stupid people onscreen.

The "Pretty" factor can get you far in superficial-land.

Offline SoiledShortz

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Soiled Shortz's YouTube
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 02:15:10 AM »
A.D. = Best show ever!  ;D

I seriously think it's one of the most well written sitcoms ever made. In the television cess pool that has been plagued with horrid, cheap, brainless reality t.v. it's a shame FOX had to ruin such a brilliant creation. Even most of the sitcoms nowdays are just shoveled out with hardly any thought.

R.I.P. A.D. and x your fingers for the movie...

anais.jude

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
A.D. = Best show ever!  ;D

I seriously think it's one of the most well written sitcoms ever made. In the television cess pool that has been plagued with horrid, cheap, brainless reality t.v. it's a shame FOX had to ruin such a brilliant creation. Even most of the sitcoms nowdays are just shoveled out with hardly any thought.

R.I.P. A.D. and x your fingers for the movie...

You are among friends here my good man!

Offline SoiledShortz

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
I thank you. I need more friends that understand the complexity and genus of this show.

anais.jude

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 03:04:07 PM »
I thank you. I need more friends that understand the complexity and genus of this show.

It is the greatest show ever. in my youth (waht was that 3 years ago) i wanted to marry GOB....le sigh

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 03:39:04 PM »
I would love to see a movie, but only if it was up to the same standard of quality as the show.  Because, regrettable as the show's premature end was, they at least had the foresight to wrap up all of the most important loose ends, while leaving one or two loose, and introducing some new ones, just in case they do get to go back and explore the lives of the Bluths again.  And even though the show didn't last as long as perhaps it should have, it did achieve the ideal that I think every series should aspire to, namely that it left the audience wanting more.  How many other shows can say that?
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline SoiledShortz

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
I know it's been rumored before but it does look like the movie is in production. Aparently its set for a 2009 release.  :highfive: Sorry if this is old news...

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 32
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but i found this today and had to post it.

Awesome....at least i think so....

And yes...this is so my new desktop wallpaper.....

Offline stansimpson

• Liked: 288
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 02:04:20 AM »
Out of all the funny pictures that people send me, I think I've gotten that one the most.

My favorite may just be this one I made.  I think it's because it's something you'd find on the show.  And bias may have something to do with it too.

Online NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 88
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »
 So, I just realized something about Micheal Bluth. His father is a criminal, his first brother is reckless and impulsive, his other brother is soft and a little stupid, his sister went all slutty. And he gets dragged into it all because the burden of protecting "The Family" falls onto him.

I know of another Micheal who had similar circumstances.

That of course was Micheal...angelo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Since you'd otherwise surely ask: Leo's the idiot, Raph is the impulsive one, Donny's the slutty sister, and Splinter was hired by the city to assassinate hobos during New York's gentrification in the 90s. He's not proud of it, but he was a single immigrant father with four sons to raise, damn it!

Also, I remember, like, one episode of the 1987 cartoon series where all the other turtles were incapacitated, and it fell to Mikey to prove his courage by saving the day himself.

You were probably really worried about whether or not I'd be able to land that joke! I was too, for a minute.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline stansimpson

• Liked: 288
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
So, I just realized something about Micheal Bluth. His father is a criminal, his first brother is reckless and impulsive, his other brother is soft and a little stupid, his sister went all slutty. And he gets dragged into it all because the burden of protecting "The Family" falls onto him.

I know of another Micheal who had similar circumstances.

That of course was Micheal...angelo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Since you'd otherwise surely ask: Leo's the idiot, Raph is the impulsive one, Donny's the slutty sister, and Splinter was hired by the city to assassinate hobos during New York's gentrification in the 90s. He's not proud of it, but he was a single immigrant father with four sons to raise, damn it!

Also, I remember, like, one episode of the 1987 cartoon series where all the other turtles were incapacitated, and it fell to Mikey to prove his courage by saving the day himself.

You were probably really worried about whether or not I'd be able to land that joke! I was too, for a minute.
Um... were  you tricking me into thinking of the Bush family at first and redirected it with Ninja Turtles?  Cuz not until your description did I even make that connection.  And it all fits (mostly, I suppose) except the slutty sister.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3526
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but i found this today and had to post it.

Awesome....at least i think so....

And yes...this is so my new desktop wallpaper.....

This certainly begs the question:  Which had more casual incest?  Star Wars or AD?

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
Um... were  you tricking me into thinking of the Bush family at first and redirected it with Ninja Turtles?

Yes, Al Pacino's memorable turn as Michael Bush. :P

Offline Misty

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
I'm glad to see other AD fans on this board. "There are dozens of us! DOZENS!"  ;D

Also, you don't know the ecstatic joy I feel when I hear the boys reference AD in a riff.  I know they've done it in Titanic, but I think they've done it in others as well.