Author Topic: The title "Dragon Wars: D-War" actually makes perfect sense...  (Read 7399 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4624
The title "Dragon Wars: D-War" actually makes perfect sense...
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
People have made fun of the title... like in the listing for the RiffTrax it was described as a title abbreviation IN the title.

Seems to me it's quite simple...

There were supposed to be six films in the series.  This was (obviously) the first.

Then there would've been (including this film):
Dragon Wars: D-War
Dragon Wars: R-War
Dragon Wars: A-War
Dragon Wars: G-War
Dragon Wars: O-War
Dragon Wars: N-War

With each film becoming more intense, and man, that 'N-War' would've REALLY kicked ass!

The title was not referring to the name of the wingless snake/lizards, it was referring to the six lettered "D,R,A,G,O,N" wars.

Makes PERFECT sense now, eh?

>:D

Other theories?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
Re: The title "Dragon Wars: D-War" actually makes perfect sense...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »
That explains why the subtitle refers to a single war, whereas the main title promises multiple wars.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5678
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 06:03:25 AM »
Maybe this is the fourth film. The second one (E-War) will be excellent. The third (F-War) will be cool but have annoying pygmy frogs in it. Then eventually there will be three prequels (A-War, B-War and C-War) that will suck and have an annoying, useless Gorilla with an offensive French accent.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »
That explains why the subtitle refers to a single war, whereas the main title promises multiple wars.

Exactly what I was thinking!  [And it was that internal struggle to have the "plural"/"singular" discrepancy make sense that got me to figure out the REAL 6-film plan.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »

I was wondering about that... if the fourth film in the series would be a musical.   ;D   Good catch!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
Maybe this is the fourth film. The second one (E-War) will be excellent. The third (F-War) will be cool but have annoying pygmy frogs in it. Then eventually there will be three prequels (A-War, B-War and C-War) that will suck and have an annoying, useless Gorilla with an offensive French accent.

That really was just too disturbing a thought...  particularly since it means there'd be a possibility of 26 films in the series.

...much less the holiday and pygmy frogs specials and the horrendous unending computer-animated series made after 'C-War' that fit between 'B-War' and 'C-War' where there's no suspense to anything and nothing at all happens because we know all the relevant characters were still alive in 'C-War', since 'C-War' was already produced!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5678
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

That really was just too disturbing a thought...  particularly since it means there'd be a possibility of 26 films in the series.

...much less the holiday and pygmy frogs specials and the horrendous unending computer-animated series made after 'C-War' that fit between 'B-War' and 'C-War' where there's no suspense to anything and nothing at all happens because we know all the relevant characters were still alive in 'C-War', since 'C-War' was already produced!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »
I thought of another explanation for the title that seems far simpler than my other one.

The male lead is a bland, thoughtless person who - for some reason - people listen to (even though he's an alien [TV show 'Roswell'] whose wife died simply from going into a house that had a Grudge!)

Though he only just met her, and apparently only knew that she was his long-time-love from some crazy old guy in an antique shop, he put saving the life of one bland woman who he didn't know over the lives of every other inhabitant of L.A. (and, potentially, the world).

I think the title may have just been abbreviated by the studio before release.  I think it was originally:

Dragon Wars: Douchebag-War
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:54:08 AM by LucasM »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Just building on your great explanation.  :)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »
I am waiting for Dragon Wars: FU-War

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Moleman

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
Dragon Wars: D-War
Dragon Wars: R-War
Dragon Wars: A-War
Dragon Wars: O-War
Dragon Wars: N-War

Please stop stealing ideas from Glenn Beck ;D

Oh and the title is quite obviously meant to be: Dragon Wars: Directing While Absorbing Reefer

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »
Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Think of the baseball or football games where commentator's say "This team really brought their A-game today!"

The writers of this movie brought their D-level writing to the war.