Author Topic: So what were the other choices at Comic-con?  (Read 6401 times)

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 267
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
Re: So what were the other choices at Comic-con?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
The Room is not obscure though - in the same way that Rocky Horror is not obscure.  There's a sazable portion of people who obsessively watch it and will purchas a riftrack.  Unlike D Wars (note, I don't care to watch any of the above three movies).
I think the phrase you're looking for is "cult favorite"... which by loose definition means it is obscure.

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 10:46:26 AM »
Rocky Horror is "cult" but is also not obscure.

D-wars is a good choice based on availability. Where can you get a Super Mario Bros. DVD? Dragon Wars on the other hand was in Redbox (isn't anymore though) and is much more likely to be in your local video store.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 242
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
I don't think D-War was that obscure. I saw previews for it on TV, whereas the Room, besides being an independently-made film, is barely known outside of L.A. It's deeply underground with a somewhat decent sized cult following.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6713
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
I don't think D-War was that obscure. I saw previews for it on TV, whereas the Room, besides being an independently-made film, is barely known outside of L.A. and most of the internet. It's deeply underground with a somewhat decent sized cult following.

fixed. :)
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
Where can you get a Super Mario Bros. DVD?

I've seen that all over the place. Usually in the 5 buck section.

I also vote for SMB if they ever do another fan-requested one... That, or the original animated Transformers movie. Heh heh.

M@

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »
GREAT call with the original animated Transformers movie, while I love it as a childhood favorite I'd love to see what the guys or fans (Fan submissions are AWESOME) can come up with for this death filled toy fest!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Am i the only one who doesn't want to have MST3K the movie riffed?  I just think trying to hear people riffing over over people riffing would drive me nuts to the point that i would trow something at the TV.  However I would love to see the full version of This Island Earth riffed.

Offline emerson999

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 01:47:04 PM »

Really? I live in a fairly big town, and had a sudden urge to watch super mario brothers again. Eventually had to netflix it since even the local indi shop that specializes in kind of odd movies didn't have it in anything but vhs.

That said, I'd love to see it riffed. It's a far odder movie than I remembered.

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
Am i the only one who doesn't want to have MST3K the movie riffed?  I just think trying to hear people riffing over over people riffing would drive me nuts to the point that i would trow something at the TV.  However I would love to see the full version of This Island Earth riffed.

I think this is why I would want to see it.  Them making fun of themselves making fun of a movie that was just like any MST3K episode, only, instead of having fun with it, they regarded it as work (because each scene had to be done over and over and over and over....)  I'm impressed they even had that as a suggestion (though, it could have been a throw away option).

....I suppose a 3 riffer edition of "This Island Earth" in full would be okay, too....

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 267
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »
Doc, I really think you're taking this too seriously.  The suggestion itself is so ludicrous that it shows any real desire to see its fruition is out of fascination more than anything else.  It reminds me of when David Cross & Bob Odenkirk were promoting their "Mr. Show" dvds.  They showed a clip of the show.  Then they showed a clip with the commentary on.  Then they showed a clip with the commentary for the commentary.  Yeah, there was a lot of talking... but that's the gag, man.  Yeah, I was mildly disappointed to find out the latter commentary wasn't real, but more out of novelty than anything else.  Just laugh it off and enjoy D-War! ;D

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »

Really? I live in a fairly big town, and had a sudden urge to watch super mario brothers again. Eventually had to netflix it since even the local indi shop that specializes in kind of odd movies didn't have it in anything but vhs.

That said, I'd love to see it riffed. It's a far odder movie than I remembered.

Yeah, I've seen it multiple times at the local Hastings (http://www.gohastings.com/) and I'm even relatively certain I've seen it in the Wal-Mart discount bins. Though I've been mistaken before. 

And of course half.com has it really cheap as well. But I have seen it in the old-fashioned brick-and-mortars. :)