Author Topic: 24 (spoilers)  (Read 16481 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: 24 (spoilers)
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »
Ok so there are ways to make it happen with out it being completely stupid but i still think if this isn't a Jump the shark moment it is very close.

I don't see 24 lasting more then two more seasons any way.

I think most of the people who are not hardcore fans have stopped watching.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »
I'm actually a little surpised that the show has lasted as long as it has.  I still like to watch it, but more as background noise. 

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »
I think it's funny that people criticize 24 so much. I watch it for the same reason I watch Lost. It's funny. When it's good it's enjoyable and when it's not it's easy to laugh at. But if you kept watching after Teri crashed her car and got amnesia, then you have no one to blame but yourself. I find it absurd that people say "the show only started sucking when this happened," or "it only started sucking when that happened," or "they're really jumping the shark now," and "boy they are out of ideas." The show started running on goofy after episode 13 because that's all they planned before more were ordered. That's when Hopper showed up and started talking about "bargaining cheeps." And it stopped being a good concept when they stopped saying, "on the day of the California Presidential Primary." As if what time it is has ever mattered in the setting of any story. "Oooh ahhh, this episode takes place at ten a.m., wow! Last week it took place at nine a.m.! What a twist!" ::)

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »
So that would make Jake so stupid he didn't notice the mask or he didn't notice his best friend was still alive?

Maybe all that happened during a commercial break. 

No, that's when Jack is going to the bathroom.

Hey, that's how the viewers spend the commercials.
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
For all of the Tony fans......He turns into a bad guy and is the main bad guy for the next season.  It should be a lot of fun.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
For all of the Tony fans......He turns into a bad guy and is the main bad guy for the next season.  It should be a lot of fun.

I haven't read anything, but if thats true it might actually be an interesting season, despite how stupid the arch is. 

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »

I haven't read anything, but if thats true it might actually be an interesting season, despite how stupid the arch is. 

http://www.titanmagazines.com/app?service=external/Product&sp=l544&sp=Sen&sp=SUS

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2008, 04:32:45 PM »
Well that will certainly be interesting.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
Well, they've just aired what is basically a two-hour teaser for next season.  I liked it.  What did everybody else think?  Or am I the only one who still cares?
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
I watched it and didn't think it was too bad.  It felt like they wanted to start the regular season that way but realized the several hour long plane ride might hurt the amount of action the show could contain.  A nice little teaser though.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »
It was fun. The new season looks sweet even though they are pulling Tony out of the grave and having him be a bad guy now.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:22 AM »
It was like Tears of the Sun lite meets Rules of Engagement lite, without the badass soldiers and drama. So anticlimactic. They could have at least shown the badguys getting blown up.

Offline Axnollouse

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Behold the better matrix!
    • Flying Monkey Productions
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »
I as well enjoyed Redemption because it was WAY better than all of Day 6 combined.

The trailer at the end was bad ass. 24: Day 7 looks to be made of win
Axnollouse, the youngest in the skullf*ckery finals, may win the gold."

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »
I enjoyed it as well.  Nice to see Jack in action again after almost two years with nothing new. And yes, it certainly looks like Tony is coming back evil, but I'm not 100% convinced.  This show has been known in the past to throw in some last minute twists.  Maybe all is not how they are making it look like......or maybe he'll turn good again at the very end or something or other.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »
Didn't he have a scarred face last season? The only scar I saw was over his eyebrow, and it looked rather new. Now he has a Freddy Krueger ear though.