login

Author Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm season 7.  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Curb Your Enthusiasm season 7.
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:28:54 AM »
The new season started last week, the second episode of it airing last night.  I love this show, it's amazingly fresh after all this time.  I think it's amazing that they can take this group of wealthy Hollywood celebrities and behind-the-scenes type movers and shakers, and make a good show around them.  They're not likeable, and you can't really relate to them either, but you can enjoy them as characters.

There are some times when it seems like they're really reaching.  Larry will say a completely innocuous comment, and there's no way he's in the wrong, but he gets the shaft anyway.  The last two didn't really have any such problems.

Loretta seems to be a lot nastier this season.  I guess being in a relationship with Larry seems to do that to people.  She seems to be gone from the show now though.  Her brother Leon is still around, thankfully.  He's hilariously high energy.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm season 7.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »
Sadly I can relate all too well with Larry David's character when it comes to social interaction. Not all the time but quite a few instances in the show where I find what he does to be pretty much what I would do.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »
I loved Leon at the end of the last episode when Larry was like, "I guess you're gonna be..." "Going inside and eating Chinese food in my room."  lol

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:53:27 PM »
Leon is probably the best character on the show now (well, with Larry of course) and that's good because when his character was first introduced I thought it could go both ways.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
When Leon said to Larry "You gotta crawl inside that ass, Larry" last season, that was the point where I was sold on Leon.  hehe.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »
This sold me on Leon:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFcG2N3O_Wk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IFcG2N3O_Wk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
This sold me on Leon:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFcG2N3O_Wk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IFcG2N3O_Wk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

"Barack Obama man!  I'm president of hittin' that ass!"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 04:16:53 AM »
When Leon said to Larry "You gotta crawl inside that ass, Larry" last season, that was the point where I was sold on Leon.  hehe.

I think my favorite Leon bit was him and Larry debating on whether you can pause toast.  Though that wasn't strictly a Leon moment.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ewr4BSTr8Q&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ewr4BSTr8Q&amp;</a>

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »
Last night's episode was a bit of a letdown.  I can't blame them though, they had a lot to fit in there to set up the story arc for the season.  I loved the part with Michael Richards in the resturant.  Also, how much did they spend on lunch that Jason Alexander left a $30 tip?  Yeesh.

Sadly, no Leon :/

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
Sorry but for me, last night's episode was the best of the season so far. Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows (if not my favorite) ever and being able to see everyone again was amazing. That was so good. Michael being distracted by all the art in the restaurant with Larry was hilarious :D

"Was it over $15? Tug on your tie if it was."

*tugs on tie*

"Oh my..fuck."

Also, really happy to see Cheryl back.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:57:18 PM by iv3rdawG »

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »
"Oh my God, what an asshole!"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »
Larry was an even bigger jerk than usual last night.  The whole show.  From berating the guy on the plane, to insisting the doctor give him his phone number, to shoving Sammy off the stage during her song, to yelling at Ted Danson for not using the gift certificate he gave on Larry.  More asshole Larry than usual, less "tactless and oblivious Larry making dumb mistakes". 

I'm not sure what to make of it.  I think tactless Larry is funnier than outright asshole Larry.  It seems like a weak episode when Susie Green is the good guy.

My favorite line though, Larry is walking down the street.  Someone says "Smile!".  Larry turns around and says "Fuck you!  Mind your own business!" 

:clap:  I've wanted to do that so many times.

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
I'm loving this season but I hate Cheryl with a passion.  The fact that she still uses Larry's name to get in places just shows what a douche she really is.
I am not above projectile vomiting to get my way

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 07:35:20 PM »
Asshole or not, Larry shouting "Shut the fuck up!" when he woke up had me laughing.