Author Topic: Friday the 13th Part 4 - Accepting submissions  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Friday the 13th Part 4 - Accepting submissions
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »
Wasn't there, like, a spoof of this called Saturday the 14th?  Or maybe not a direct spoof, because I remember the plot didn't match up.  But more like a spoof of the title?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
Wasn't there, like, a spoof of this called Saturday the 14th?  Or maybe not a direct spoof, because I remember the plot didn't match up.  But more like a spoof of the title?

All I remember of that movie is that it did, in fact, exist, and that I watched it once on a Saturday afternoon in the 90s on tv. 
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »

All I remember of that movie is that it did, in fact, exist, and that I watched it once on a Saturday afternoon in the 90s on tv. 

That about matches my recollection too.  Except I remember there being a gag saying something like "horse shooting is a simple sport, but the scoring is quite difficult".

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5182
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »

That about matches my recollection too.  Except I remember there being a gag saying something like "horse shooting is a simple sport, but the scoring is quite difficult".

I remember it. There was a sequel too.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 07:35:54 AM »

I remember it. There was a sequel too.

I did a Google search, which turned up some really terrible reviews.  Apparently the guys who directed it would make Friedberg and Seltzer proud.

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »
Shirly it can't be as bad as Shriek if you know what I did last Friday the 13th staring Tom Arnold.  :gouge:
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5182
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Shirly it can't be as bad as Shriek if you know what I did last Friday the 13th staring Tom Arnold.  :gouge:

Of course it can.  And don't call me misspell surely.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
The 1st of November is stalking me, SUCH a hard movie to get through once let alone over and over.

Brutal. Just...brutal.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 12:36:40 PM »
The 1st of November is stalking me, SUCH a hard movie to get through once let alone over and over.

Brutal. Just...brutal.

Executive decision!!!
  Since we will most likely not have time to get this out before thanksgiving anyway and we've heard from other people on our myspace that this one is really tough we are pushing it back entirely and extending the deadline to 12/15/09.  So please take your time and enjoy every horrid nook and cranny this movie has to offer.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »

Brutal. Just...brutal.

Executive decision!!!
  Since we will most likely not have time to get this out before thanksgiving anyway and we've heard from other people on our myspace that this one is really tough we are pushing it back entirely and extending the deadline to 12/15/09.  So please take your time and enjoy every horrid nook and cranny this movie has to offer.

12/15?!? Now you're just flat-out encouraging procrastination!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »

Brutal. Just...brutal.

Executive decision!!!

12/15?!? Now you're just flat-out encouraging procrastination!

:D  We just can't win!  It's ok, we'll keep busy ourselves with a (as yet to be determined) xmas horror track.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »
Richard Benjamin was in Saturday the 14th, if I'm not mistaken. 

I've made it through just about half an hour of this.  Rob has just shown up.  This one IS difficult to get through and try to come up with jokes for.  I feel like of all the Friday movies, whereas the first three have a kind of naive charm, the fifth one is, to me, the giddy epitome of a deluded 80's cocaine binge, the 4th just reeks of nastiness from start to finish. 

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »
I just watched 8 and 9 yesterday.

Part 8, for a movie named "Jason Takes Manhattan", spent surprisingly little time in Manhattan.  I also wonder why Jason was so intent on chasing down this one group of people when there were plenty of other easier victims in New York that he could have cleaved apart.

Part 9 I actually liked better than the rest.  They added more backstory and explained the origins of Jason's power.  It was more than the stock "present a dozen teenagers at the beginning, then have them killed off one by one until a showdown at the end".  Watching Jason get blown to bits was awesome.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 08:08:50 PM »
Part 8, for a movie named "Jason Takes Manhattan", spent surprisingly little time in Manhattan.  I also wonder why Jason was so intent on chasing down this one group of people when there were plenty of other easier victims in New York that he could have cleaved apart.

Yes it would have more appropriate to name it Jason Takes a Boat Trip but I guess that was a little to Curious George for the producers.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
I always thought "Mayday the 13th" would have been a good title.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)