login

Author Topic: Anyone else have playing issues?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline MSTJon

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Anyone else have playing issues?
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
I take all of the shorts and put the wmvs on a thumb drive so I can watch them on my TV through my Xbox. For whatever reason, this short refuses to play correctly. It quits about 6 or 7 minutes in. Just stops dead. When I try to watch it on my laptop, I get the same thing. I can't skip to certain points, it readjusts itself to a point it feels is near what I want. I have every short made (so far) and this is the only one that's ever given me any trouble. Ideas or suggestions?

Jon
If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain. You know which "philosopher" said that? Dolly Parton. A people say she's just a big pair of tits.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 849
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Anyone else have playing issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
I take all of the shorts and put the wmvs on a thumb drive so I can watch them on my TV through my Xbox. For whatever reason, this short refuses to play correctly. It quits about 6 or 7 minutes in. Just stops dead. When I try to watch it on my laptop, I get the same thing. I can't skip to certain points, it readjusts itself to a point it feels is near what I want. I have every short made (so far) and this is the only one that's ever given me any trouble. Ideas or suggestions?

Jon

Maybe your download was incomplete or corrupted. I would try downloading it again and see if it works.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MSTJon

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »
I kept gettin incomplete rars of Voodoo Man too. Kept downloading those until I got complete files. Unfortunately, here I have downloaded it five times and the final file size matches what I should have according to my library. I'm pretty darn sure it's a source thing, but I wanted to make sure.
If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain. You know which "philosopher" said that? Dolly Parton. A people say she's just a big pair of tits.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
I just downloaded the WMV and get the same errors you do.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »
I download the MPG and MP4 versions (since I'm on a Mac), and both of them play out to the end.  The short is just about 12 minutes long, if you count the rifftrax-credits tacked on the end.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
Yeah it seems that only the WMV is bad.

Offline MSTJon

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
Good to know it's not just me. Thanks for checking guys.