login

Author Topic: Super Bowl Commercials  (Read 1919 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Super Bowl Commercials
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
I wish we (Canadians) would get to see the Super Bowl commercials  :'(

GLOBAL carries our NFL games and at the commercial break, they only show stupid Canadian commercials. So during the Super Bowl, we never get to see the 'good commercials'.

Even if we tune in CBS, they somehow overwrite the commercials with their own.
...stupid advertising.

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
Re: Super Bowl Commercials
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:59 PM »
Seems to me that last year EVERY commercial was available online at one site, maybe it was through Google Video... even versions that never aired because they were deemed "too risque", lol... it was nice to see them sober, anything after the first half is always a fuzzy memory for me!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline aneel

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »
I really liked the unofficial MacGyver MasterCard commercial; brought back some great memories.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:21 PM »
You think the amazing Bruce Campbell Old Spice ad will be aired during the Super Bowl? It feels like a Super Bowl ad, and it seems unlikely that they'll be able to show a 60 minute ad very often elsewhere, and I don't see a way to cut it down unless they also shot a shorter version.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:50:31 AM »
You think the amazing Bruce Campbell Old Spice ad will be aired during the Super Bowl? It feels like a Super Bowl ad, and it seems unlikely that they'll be able to show a 60 minute ad very often elsewhere, and I don't see a way to cut it down unless they also shot a shorter version.

Naw, they'd probably create a new ad for the Super Bowl. It could be the same type of ad, with Bruce, just new and shorter. But I think it'd be a great idea! It does seem to fit they style of the Super Bowl advertisement. (ad-vert-is-ment, as the British pronounce it  ;))