login

Author Topic: Error: The operation has timed out  (Read 917 times)

Offline amdreallyfast

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Error: The operation has timed out
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:07:27 AM »
I'm getting an error message when trying to use the Rifftrax player.  It says that an error has occurred, specifically that the operation has timed out.  This message seems to be generated by Windows, not the player, but the error is definitely caused by the player.  If I select OK the message goes away for about 5 seconds, then returns.  When it has displayed 3 times, it gives me the option to terminate the application.  I have attempted to use multiple operating systems now and so far none have been without this error, and a couple didn't work entirely (before I found out that they were supported yet).  I have sometimes been able to work with it before by simply moving the error message all the way off the screen since the error message does inhibit the operation of the player, but it is getting really annoying.

I am running Windows XP SP2 (I am attempting to use Windows XP Home 32-bit for the express purpose of updating to SP2 only so I can try to get this player to work; no luck so far).  I have plenty of free memory available (~800MB), and I am running on a fresh install that only has antivirus software (I am just using AVG Free for this test), Firefox, and Rifftrax installed, along with the updates necessary to get to SP2.

Any ideas what may be causing this?  Is it anything that I can fix?