login

Author Topic: Error messages when loading riffs, in module ComX.exe  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Count_Zero

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Error messages when loading riffs, in module ComX.exe
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:12:38 PM »
I'm having some difficulty playing riffs using the RiffTrax player. When I play the riffs, I get the following error message.

"An exception was raised on the server: Access violation at address 004048B6 in module 'ComX.exe'. Read of address 000FAFE9."

I'm running Windows XP, and I've tried this with default codecs, as well as using ffshow for the video and audio codecs, and the codecs that come with Nero (which I have installed as well). This is specifically happening with the riff for Night of the Living Dead (3-Riffers version). There's also some stutter, but I suspect that's due to the disk.

Also, when I close the player, I get some other odd error messages as well, such as.

"Connected to 209.234.190.27 port 25
220 RIFFTRAX.COM Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.3959 ready at  Wed, 20 May 2009 22:55:52 -0700"

and

"Access violation at address 7C91B21A in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address"

I'm probably going to have to go back to using the MP3s in the mean time, but I wanted to try using the RiffTrax player software again (I'm running a dual-monitor display, with the second monitor being my TV).

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Error messages when loading riffs, in module ComX.exe
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »
We have seen that a lot lately, I think that is a server-side issue. I'll forward this to xrampage16, who is in charge of the Player stuff at the moment.

Offline EvilShady

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: Error messages when loading riffs, in module ComX.exe
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:13 AM »
I'm having the same issues still here in September (noticed the previous post was from May).  On Pirates and Star Wars: A New Hope.  I get errors like these:

An exception was raised on the server: Access violation at address 004048B6 in module 'ComX.exe'. Read of address 000FAFE9.

Now when playing the movie, it will run, but the error will still keep popping up from time to time during the playback and messes up the player.  Looks like I too will have to just MP3 it for a while until the errors are fixed.  And before you ask, yes sadly I'm stuck using Vista. Blech.

8)