login

Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 269034 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2235 on: September 19, 2018, 06:41:08 AM »
They need an equivalent to Star Fox 2 to really sell the thing.  Or an original tech demo.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nl2h8LDq_oI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nl2h8LDq_oI</a>

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2236 on: September 19, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »
Muppet Race Mania is the only game that would get me to buy it ;P
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2237 on: September 19, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »
They need something highly sought-after that hasn't seen a rerelease. Final Fantasy Tactics seems like a smart choice. Also, Parappa has to be on it.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2238 on: September 19, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
I would DEFINITELY buy the Playstation classic... IF it comes with Intelligent cube.  ;D

Okay... just checked it out on Gamestop. 100 bucks? Really? The NES classic came pre-loaded with... 30 games! The SNES Classic came pre-loaded with... 21 games! On the other hand, if all information I saw is up to date and accurate... the Playstation classic will only have... 20 games. Sounds not too shabby at first right? Well I looked at the listing on Gamestop's website and they have a little video that shows all the features the PS classic will have.... including 20 games. HOWEVER, they are only naming five games so far!! Those games are Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms(Personally, I'd much rather have Thousand Arms). So the way I see it... I'm having... a very difficult time getting excited about this console. I mean it appears as if the controllers are based on the original and first generation Playstation controllers, which means they will lack the analog sticks. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Final Fantasy VII and Tekken 3, but my Playstation 3 is backwards compatible with original Playstation games! Also, I already have purchased Final Fantasy VII from the Playstation store and if I ever get desperate to play Tekken 3, I'll just buy it used off Ebay! Bottom line is... I think for a lot of people $100 bucks just doesn't justify the purchase(yet). Unless they're doing something absolutely mind-blowing with the remaining 15 games, I don't see this one being something I'd want to consider purchasing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:11:22 PM by Russoguru »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2239 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:14 PM »
Granted one of the major reasons it only has 20 games is that the games take up more space.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2240 on: September 19, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
Yeah, the 5 they've announced so far aren't enough to talk me into a pre-order. There are some titles (Come on Tron Bonne!) that would sway my wallet...

Sidebar: I thought I was the only one who remembered Thousand Arms!

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2241 on: September 20, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
Just out of curiosity I went looking on ebay to see how much Parappa goes for these days and it goes anywhere from 20 bucks on up depending on condition, whether it's complete, sealed etc. So IF Parappa was part of the PS classic that would be a real feather in Sony's cap and could be a big deciding factor on how many units they sell come release time. I wouldn't hold my breath though because of them putting Ridge Racer Type 4 out there as one of the major games on the system. I don't know about you, but just off the top of my head I can name at least 40 or 50 Playstation games that are vastly superior to Ridge Racer 4. Also, I'm going to be extremely annoyed if all the other 15 titles are readily available on the Playstation store.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:53:01 AM by Russoguru »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2242 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »
Well, yeah. If it all goes downhill from Ridge Racer, it's not worth it. They could be saving certain releases to create a stir as they unveil the rest of the lineup. But I don't get why they're not just releasing the entire list now. With preorders already available, you'd think they'd be in a hurry to tell the people what they're buying.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2243 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
Hopefully Parappa will be based on the actual PlayStation game and not the PSP/PS4 port.  Apparently, that one had awful input lag.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2244 on: September 21, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »
Yeah, the 5 they've announced so far aren't enough to talk me into a pre-order. There are some titles (Come on Tron Bonne!) that would sway my wallet...

Sidebar: I thought I was the only one who remembered Thousand Arms!

I have Thousand Arms. That game had so much potential, but the battle mechanics left a lot to be desired. And if there was any rhyme or reason to the dating, I couldn't figure it out. May as well just flip a coin when choosing your responses. Hell, choosing the obvious wrong answer seemed to work more often than not.

I also own The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. One of these days I may even play it.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2245 on: September 21, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
So based on trademark filings, it’s looking like we may be getting a N64 Classic.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2246 on: September 21, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »
RIP Telltale Games

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2247 on: September 21, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »
RIP Telltale Games

I'm in shock. They seemed to be doing so well. They had that Stranger Things game in the works...

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2248 on: September 21, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »
I have to admit, I haven't bought one of their games in a long time, but that was because they weren't really supporting Nintendo consoles any more. Walking Dead has just made it over to the Switch, so I was looking forward to getting their back catalogue.
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #2249 on: September 21, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
I’m mainly sad that I won’t see any more Sam and Max anytime soon. Not that they had talked about making a new one or anything. But still.