Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 213689 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 107
  • Dunno why I came back
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2085 on: December 05, 2017, 06:39:23 PM »
I will definitely concede that my appreciation for the X art style is based on nostalgia and being 7 years old and thinking he looked so awesome and badass once you got all the upgrades. And don’t get me started on zero with his pony tail and red armor. So awesome to my 7 year old brain.

I didn't really play X until I was in my 20's, so I'm not nostalgic, and I love the game to death. To each their own, though.

Offline Lesbunny

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 107
  • Dunno why I came back
« Reply #2086 on: December 24, 2017, 01:38:59 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

Jeff Kaplan has been sat in front of a Yule Log for about 3-4 hours. They're livestreaming it. I love Overwatch.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1175
« Reply #2087 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:41 PM »
Interesting article about Civ VI’s inclusion of First Nations peoples, which on its own is an honorable thing to do, except that they don’t fit into a game where the goal is to expand, compete, and eventually dominate the world in one form or another.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/05/civilization-vi-cree-nation-cultural-representation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2088 on: January 11, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »
Yeessssssssss!  Been waiting a long time for this announcement. Really enjoyed this one back when it came out. Never actually beat it I don’t think, for one reason or another, so I’m excited to give it another go on PC.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/11/final-fantasy-xii-pc-release-date-february-1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 28
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2089 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:59 PM »
Darnit, I was hoping for Final Fantasy XV to make it to PC…

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2090 on: January 11, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

I thought they already confirmed that for pc, didn’t they?  It’s just going to take a little longer to port

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2091 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »

I thought they already confirmed that for pc, didn’t they?  It’s just going to take a little longer to port

Really? Hooray, then!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 964
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2092 on: January 11, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »

Yes.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637650/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION/

"Early 2018"

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 416
« Reply #2093 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
Yeessssssssss!  Been waiting a long time for this announcement. Really enjoyed this one back when it came out. Never actually beat it I don’t think, for one reason or another, so I’m excited to give it another go on PC.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/11/final-fantasy-xii-pc-release-date-february-1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

I reiterate your YESSSSSS! Even though I played through the original release on the PS2, I'll be happy to buy this game again, what with all the improvements.

Looking forward to FF XV as well.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2094 on: January 12, 2018, 03:52:57 AM »

I reiterate your YESSSSSS! Even though I played through the original release on the PS2, I'll be happy to buy this game again, what with all the improvements.

Looking forward to FF XV as well.

When FFXII was about to come out, it was the most excited I have ever been. I would lose sleep thinking about that game. Must have been in highschool at the time. I was so excited and impatient that I decided to hack my PS2 so I could play the leaked version like a week or two early. I had to order this plastic hook online that you would slide under the disc tray then fish around to pull a lever that would open it again so you could insert another hack CD. Waiting for that piece of plastic to come in the mail was excruciating. And I had no idea when it would come because it was sent over usps before they started doing online tracking. 

It was the most hyped I had ever been for a game, and unlike all the previous FF games, it’s the only one I’ve played only once. So glad that it’s coming to PC.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2095 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »

Yes.

"Early 2018"

It's now on my Steam wishlist!

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #2096 on: January 16, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »

Yes.

"Early 2018"

It's now on my Steam wishlist!

The date was announced today.  March 6th.  Not too far away at all.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2218
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2097 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2429
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2098 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
Oh, Nintendo, you mad geniuses.

There's been a lot of speculation about this announcement, but I'm pretty sure nobody had "papercraft Switch peripherals." A bunch of people are going to be underwhelmed, but they have my attention.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4066
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2099 on: January 17, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
The people who are underwhelmed are wrong.  If this works and isn't janky, I'd argue it's not just an innovation in gaming but an innovation in toys and... well, tool-making maybe.  OK, I know that might be overselling it, but this seems like a good innovation to begin with and the kind that really smart creative types can do stuff with that isn't just innovative, but could do amazing things outside the realm of games.