Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 323538 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3468
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: General Game News
« Reply #1755 on: May 11, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »
What if you have no real interest in Star Wars?
FINE

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1756 on: May 12, 2016, 09:42:20 AM »
Shame about Disney Infinity shutting down.

That's why I'm always wary of getting into any game that's based on collectibles. So far I've played a few that friends had, but never picked them up myself.

Well Disney Infinity is still going to be very playable, and the toybox gives it the titular infinite possibility too. I wish my son had been old enough to get in to it.

I'm kind of surprised it was Disney that folded first.

Personally I LOVED the first one, then found the second one disappointing due to the games being so samey and didn't pick up the third one. I think their big mistake was making them themed instead of including a lot of variety like they did with the first set.

I haven't picked up the third yet. I got the first one right away, got the 2nd later when it was on sale and didn't bother with the 3rd since it was starting to feel like "oh it's going to be a new game every freaking year? I can just wait and get the previous one for next to nothing later"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1757 on: May 24, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
Ron Gilbert has tweeted that he wants to buy Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island back from Disney, now that they're out of the game biz. It's not a lot, but it's something...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1758 on: June 06, 2016, 06:52:21 PM »
Well, it's the week before E3 and folks are starting to leak news. Here's what we've gotten so far today:

*Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age remake in the works. Not announced for Western release yet, but since the screenshots being posted are in English, it seems likely. PS4 release right now, but given that FFXII is the only FF not on Steam right now, I'd guess it gets a Steam port too.

*Watch Dogs 2 teaser scheduled for Wednesday.

*Volition announced Agents of Mayhem, a game where you use superpowers to fight a group of evil supervillians. It's also set in the Saints Row universe, which I'm pretty sure still has Earth all blown up, but hey. Slavish adherence to reality isn't exactly what Saint's Row is known for.

*Not exactly game news, but Jamie Lee Curtis at the Warcraft career.

Note, she's not in the movie, she just decided to cosplay for the premiere.  Leeroy Jenkins was there too.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #1759 on: June 07, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »
Well, it's the week before E3 and folks are starting to leak news. Here's what we've gotten so far today:

*Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age remake in the works. Not announced for Western release yet, but since the screenshots being posted are in English, it seems likely. PS4 release right now, but given that FFXII is the only FF not on Steam right now, I'd guess it gets a Steam port too.

!!! I've been waiting for this!  FFXII was my favorite of the newer final fantasies. I remember hacking into my ps2 so that I could play the leaked version two weeks early. Then of course I bought the retail version when it came out. Waiting for the little tool to open up the disk drive on the ps2 without pressing the button was excruciating.  I was so excited to play it.

Good game too. It's like an MMO for people who don't quite like MMOs, want a little more story, and can't get past the fact that everyone around you is playing through the same story and doing the same quests.

It better come to steam. It better.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1760 on: June 08, 2016, 12:53:21 AM »
More news pre-E3:

*Skyrim remastered on the way for PS4 and XB1. PC too, I guess, but you can just download stuff to upgrade it already.
*X-Com 2 coming to consoles this fall.
*Persona 5 up for pre-order. Release date for the west- Valentine's Day, 2017.
*Deus Ex gets a preview stream Wednesday.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1761 on: June 08, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »
E-3 Pre-News Continues:

* Deus Ex Go coming soon.
* Injustice 2 on the way in early 2017. It's got loot drops and customizable costumes and neon.
* A Touhou game, Touhou: Genso Wanderer is heading for a Western release early next year.
* Kirby Planet Robobot- Which is out Friday.
* A long asked for physical version of Gwent is on the way.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1762 on: June 09, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »
Alleged screenshot of Dead Rising 4:

Rumored to be an expanded remake of DR1 but with up to 4 player co-op and a Windows 10/XB1 exclusive. It's worth noting that the silhouette looks a lot like Chase from the DR: Watchtower movie though.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1763 on: June 09, 2016, 02:47:58 AM »
Alleged screenshot of Dead Rising 4:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rumored to be an expanded remake of DR1 but with up to 4 player co-op and a Windows 10/XB1 exclusive. It's worth noting that the silhouette looks a lot like Chase from the DR: Watchtower movie though.

I've been playing Dead Rising 3 lately, I've also played Off the Record. The UI in that screen looks very thematically inconsistent with anything I've seen them do before. The graphics also look very downgraded from DR3 but it could just be a super early build . I bet the rumor is true but the screen is a fake (of some other game with a shopped UI). I think DR3 sold really well so it makes sense they would make another.

And big yay on the Persona 5 news. Especially because it looks like a definite it will be on PS3 and PS4. I thought Sony would pull a dick move and make the international version PS4 only. Looks like I won't be needing to buy a new console to play it. I just hope my gen one PS3 doesn't blow up when I restart it.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1261
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #1764 on: June 10, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »

!!! I've been waiting for this!  FFXII was my favorite of the newer final fantasies. I remember hacking into my ps2 so that I could play the leaked version two weeks early. Then of course I bought the retail version when it came out. Waiting for the little tool to open up the disk drive on the ps2 without pressing the button was excruciating.  I was so excited to play it.

Good game too. It's like an MMO for people who don't quite like MMOs, want a little more story, and can't get past the fact that everyone around you is playing through the same story and doing the same quests.

It better come to steam. It better.

Ditto this sentiment. 12 was the last FF game I played. Good game, but the license system was a major drawback. It essentially made every character identical. An updated version where everyone had different license boards was released in Japan, but we never got it.

I would definitely re-buy this game if it was released on Steam.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1765 on: June 12, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
PC Gamer, a slightly more reliable source, has jumped on the "Dead Rising 4" train, offering additional screen shots with Mecha-Frank.

Yeah, this is looking realer now.

Offline The Lurker

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 5802
« Reply #1766 on: June 12, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
Still waiting for one set in a Disneyworld/Disneyland knockoff.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1767 on: June 12, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »
Still waiting for one set in a Disneyworld/Disneyland knockoff.

Aside from Off the Record's Theme Park area?

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1768 on: June 12, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
PC Gamer, a slightly more reliable source, has jumped on the "Dead Rising 4" train, offering additional screen shots with Mecha-Frank.

Yeah, this is looking realer now.

Now those look like real DR screen shots and that's definitely Frank. Looks like a DR sequel for sure. It has the glowing eyes so it looks like they will keep the harder zombies at night thing.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1769 on: June 13, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
Okay, more info after the Microsoft conference. Dead Rising 4 is not a remake. It is set in Williamette, Colorado again though and does involve the Mall, but it is explicitly 16 years after the events of the first game.