login

Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 265511 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: General Game News
« Reply #1020 on: July 23, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
They also recently announced Tinker Bell & Stitch for the Toy Box 2.0

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1021 on: August 06, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
Coming later this year to the XBox 1 and PS4- Sleeping Dogs "Definitive Edition." Sleeping Dogs was an awesome game and it's nice to see a version for the new consoles (although  I'm note that if the current gen was backwards compatible, we wouldn't need this.) But it'd be nicer to see, you know, actual new games. My Vita's seeing a heck of a lot more use than my PS4 since I can actually play new stuff on it.

But still, Sleeping Dogs was great. Pick it up in some form or another. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1022 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
Two items of note:

One, just launched over at Twitch, the latest in interactive Pokemon games- Fish Plays Pokemon. A fish swims around a tank and its actions are then inputted to the game.  Unfortunately, the fish seems to have fallen asleep before leaving the opening room.  Whoops.  And yet 13,000 people are watching it as I type.

Two, this just appeared online:

Hopefully ActiBlizz will be letting them publish something good, and not, say, the Smurfs 3 game.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1023 on: August 08, 2014, 06:09:00 AM »
Hopefully ActiBlizz will be letting them publish something good, and not, say, the Smurfs 3 game.
I'd say the same thing about the movie.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
Speaking of Twitch, you may or may not know that Google recently acquired it. You may or may not also know that they are muting sections of VOD that MAY contain "copyrighted audio". Which means that music you were listening to while playing CoD? Yeah, all the audio where that's playing is muted. Apparently they're even doing it to ingame music, too. I'm thoroughly pissed at Google's attempts to make media streaming "better".

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »
Yay! Sierra! Maybe the Two Guys from Andromeda can release Ace Hardway under that publisher... and then get back to making Space Quest games.. :^)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1026 on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:49 AM »
I miss the old point and click puzzle adventure games.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #1027 on: August 08, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Speaking of Twitch, you may or may not know that Google recently acquired it. You may or may not also know that they are muting sections of VOD that MAY contain "copyrighted audio". Which means that music you were listening to while playing CoD? Yeah, all the audio where that's playing is muted. Apparently they're even doing it to ingame music, too. I'm thoroughly pissed at Google's attempts to make media streaming "better".

I'm pretty firmly in the camp that google hasn't bought them, the changes make more sense that way.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1028 on: August 08, 2014, 02:02:10 PM »
I miss the old point and click puzzle adventure games.

I don't at all. I have nostalgia for them but every time I play a new one I thoroughly don't enjoy it.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #1029 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »
I certainly don't miss pixel hunting.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1030 on: August 11, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
So a tweet from a seemingly official twitter account for Sierra simply states:

"Thank you for following! We'll see you on Kickstarter."

Seeing as how classic adventure gaming and Kickstarter have been making beautiful music together lately, I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes way up.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1031 on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »
Hey! RuneScape is getting an expansion! Its first expansion! In the thirteen years of the game!

That may be some kinda of record.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #1032 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
Hey! RuneScape is getting an expansion! Its first expansion! In the thirteen years of the game!

That may be some kinda of record.

Yeah, I know. My roommate is an addict. He got really mad at me when I tried to talk to him this morning.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1033 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
Gamescom is going on right now over in Europe, somewhere. Some of the announcements have included:

*Microsoft announcing a XB1 bundle for  Sunset Overdrive, FIFA 15 and the new CoD game. (Three bundles, not one with all 3 games.) Each will have a 1 TB HD and the appropriate game. The Sunset bundle is also white and all spiffy looking,

*Microsoft also announced that the Tomb Raider sequel is an Xbox exclusive. I presume that it's a timed exclusive, because Square Enix made so much noise about how badly Tomb Raider did sales-wise that I can't image them purposefully having fewer sales by denying it to the other consoles. Unless the dump truck of money that Microsoft drove up to their house was really, really big.

*Microsoft also announced "Scream Ride" another XBox exclusive about roller coasters and stuff.

*Sony's sold 10 million PS4s now.  And apparently they're not planning on selling any Vitas as they neglected to mention the Vita at all during their press conference.

*The Pixel Junk people have a new game, The Tomorrow Children.

*Day Z is coming to the PS4.  Yay.

*The same folks who did Heavenly Sword are working on a spiritual successor, Hellblade. Hopefully this one is more than 3 hours long and doesn't have a sidekick who sound like a cast member from the movie Nell.

*Destiny will get an expansion in December for all platforms. Except PC, since Bungie doesn't like our filthy money.

*Media Molecule is redoing their game Tearaway as Unfolded, which will be an expanded version of Tearaway for the PS4.

*And the person who did the Rayman games is doing a PS4 exclusive game, Wild.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1034 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »
Sierra's back!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sierra-back-153100623.html;_ylt=AwrTWfzozepTIlQAozDQtDMD

They're going to be Activision's indie-game division, and they're bringing back King's Quest! Ken Williams approves! They also want to find indie developers passionate about developing Sierra IPs. I know two guys that would love to get their hands back on an old IP...

Also, I see my ex-employer, PR Newswire, has lost the Activision account to bitter rival BusinessWire. That pleases me in guilty ways. :^)