login

Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 259997 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: General Game News
« Reply #945 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
They also seemed to have forgotten there are 13 stripes.

It's the internet. You may be asking too much of folks who can't be bothered to type out the full word "thanks."

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #946 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:12 PM »
More importantly, Harmonix has a new Kickstarter project: A new version of Amplitude.

Amplitude was Harmonix's first music game (Well, it might have been Frequency. I get them confused.) It played a lot like Rock Band Blitz later would. Hit notes in each stream for an instrument, activate that instrument, flip to next instrument. Try to have all instruments playing at the same time for the most points.

Sadly, it's only for the PS3/4 and they're looking for $750k and are quite far from their goal. But I'll try to pimp it anyway. 'cause Amplitude was a lot of fun.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #947 on: May 05, 2014, 03:05:42 PM »
Oh PVP, when it comes to bringing out the best in the video game community, you never fail.

Fix't.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #948 on: May 05, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »
More importantly, Harmonix has a new Kickstarter project: A new version of Amplitude.

Amplitude was Harmonix's first music game (Well, it might have been Frequency. I get them confused.) It played a lot like Rock Band Blitz later would. Hit notes in each stream for an instrument, activate that instrument, flip to next instrument. Try to have all instruments playing at the same time for the most points.

Sadly, it's only for the PS3/4 and they're looking for $750k and are quite far from their goal. But I'll try to pimp it anyway. 'cause Amplitude was a lot of fun.

Yeah I would be interested if it was for PC too.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #949 on: May 07, 2014, 12:09:58 PM »
The Tesla Effect: Tex Murphy is out today. For some reason it is still listed as a preorder on GOG and Steam, which sucks because I want to download it and play it today.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #950 on: May 07, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
The Tesla Effect: Tex Murphy is out today. For some reason it is still listed as a preorder on GOG and Steam, which sucks because I want to download it and play it today.

I preordered a few days ago, hopefully will be able to get it this evening sometime...

Although it does say "approximately May 7", so I guess it depends on how big a window that means, days, weeks?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #951 on: May 07, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
Kickstarter backers got a Steam Code early this morning. (Haven't had a chance to play, yet.) Maybe they're giving backers exclusive access for a short time?

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2614
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #952 on: May 07, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
On GOG Tex Murphy is now showing up at full price instead of pre-order, but in "my games" it's not there as a download option yet.

Not sure witch one to get with my code, I guess Overseer since that one doesn't ring a bell, I remember playing the 2 before it but I'm not sure if I ever played Overseer.

Update: They posted a link on the GOG forums for people that pre-ordered to refresh their accounts and it worked, so I'm downloading now, almost 16GB of stuff is going to take a while.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:52:02 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #953 on: May 08, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »
I don't know if any of you guys are big fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, but a group of talented modders got there hands on the original alpha (the one that was scraped for being to graphically intensive for it's time) and basically completed the game and are releasing it for free under the title The Lost Alpha. Check it out here http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha I will certainly be playing the hell out of this because I love the series. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #954 on: May 08, 2014, 04:18:46 AM »
On GOG Tex Murphy is now showing up at full price instead of pre-order, but in "my games" it's not there as a download option yet.

Not sure witch one to get with my code, I guess Overseer since that one doesn't ring a bell, I remember playing the 2 before it but I'm not sure if I ever played Overseer.

Update: They posted a link on the GOG forums for people that pre-ordered to refresh their accounts and it worked, so I'm downloading now, almost 16GB of stuff is going to take a while.

Overseer wasn't as big a hit, I didn't know about it either until I did some research.  Turns out its a remake of the original game "Mean Streets" plot wise, but done with the control scheme of Killing Moon and Pandora.  I picked it up, but haven't played yet.  I've been working my way through the whole series and am up to Pandora Directive now.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #955 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
Nintendo's getting into the whole Skylanders-style toy/game thing...

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-bringing-real-toys-to-its-video-games-1573268588?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Well, disposable income was nice while it lasted. I wonder if I can just forward my paychecks over there... I have a kid. He's gotta be worth something...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #956 on: May 09, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
Hmm. Sony's E3 plans have allegedly been leaked. Keep in mind- internet. It might be like a Canadian supermodel girlfriend. But I'll post this here just to refer back to it when E3 rolls around.

*Uncharted PS4 footage shown
*Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) doing stuff for Morpheus
*GT6 in 2015. Possibly since Drive Club is getting bad word of mouth right now.
*God of War 4 for late 2015
*Kill Strain, a Syphon Filter reboot for the PS4
*DLC for inFamous 2
*The Last Guardian is getting a PS4 release.
*Both Ninja Theory and Sony London are showing off something new.

Like I said, this may or may not be accurate.

Offline Blasarius Yonder

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #957 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:39 PM »
Hmm. Sony's E3 plans have allegedly been leaked. Keep in mind- internet. It might be like a Canadian supermodel girlfriend. But I'll post this here just to refer back to it when E3 rolls around.

*Uncharted PS4 footage shown
*Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) doing stuff for Morpheus
*GT6 in 2015. Possibly since Drive Club is getting bad word of mouth right now.
*God of War 4 for late 2015
*Kill Strain, a Syphon Filter reboot for the PS4
*DLC for inFamous 2
*The Last Guardian is getting a PS4 release.
*Both Ninja Theory and Sony London are showing off something new.

Like I said, this may or may not be accurate.
Did you see anything about Fromsoftware?  I heard a rumor about a future PS4 game they referred to as a 'spiritual successor to Demon's Souls' (which is strange, because that's what the original Dark Souls was called) being in the works.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #958 on: May 09, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
From the rumor list:

*Sony Japan is developing 3 titles: Project Beast, a spiritual successor to Demon Souls, then Last Guardian then Secret Title.

No mention of From by name, but there's the spiritual successor thing.  And other sources are tying it to being made by From, so there you go.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #959 on: May 09, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »
Killing Floor 2 is coming! I know no one here probably cares but I can't wait.