Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 268826 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: General Game News
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
The Hearthstone beta is now open.

When the newcomers resurface in a week, we'll see what they think.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #871 on: January 24, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
Assassins Creed set in Middle Earth with cool mind control features and Arkham Asylum-esque combat?  Sounds pretty awesome.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmiF-_7PX3c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmiF-_7PX3c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #872 on: January 24, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
That game could definitely be a reskinned version of Assassin's Creed.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #873 on: January 24, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »

I know one of the programmers for Assassin's Creed was complaining that it looked exactly like the code he wrote for AC 2, and he's pretty sure it is his code.  It's unclear if Ubisoft licensed out the engine or not.  I'd say they mostly likely did.

But that that doesn't make me any less interested in the game. 

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #874 on: January 24, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
Not at all.  There are plenty worse games to rip off.  Assassin's Creed 2 is a great game to play.  If they can craft an engaging story it could turn out pretty well.  The art design from the LoTR movie universe is all ready top notch.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #875 on: January 24, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »

I know one of the programmers for Assassin's Creed was complaining that it looked exactly like the code he wrote for AC 2, and he's pretty sure it is his code.  It's unclear if Ubisoft licensed out the engine or not.  I'd say they mostly likely did.

But that that doesn't make me any less interested in the game.

I had Deja Vu watching this, the animations are something I'm very familiar with having played every Assassins Creed game. If the game doesn't rely on combat and free climbing too much I will still play it.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #876 on: January 28, 2014, 05:07:14 PM »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #877 on: January 28, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Just posted this in the movie thread, but it applies here too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oFNJW8AoYSs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oFNJW8AoYSs</a>

A Sly Cooper movie.  If they keep the characters true to how they were in the games, I think it has a lot of potential.  Sounds like the same voices for the gang, so that's a good sign.  Really, the only thing I don't like is the wifebeater they put on Murray.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #878 on: January 31, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
Lucario announced for Smash Bros.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #879 on: January 31, 2014, 07:12:28 AM »
These character announcements are incredibly annoying.  I don't have a Wii U and judging by how it's going I never will, but these announcements still bother me. It's like announcing that Flanders will be in the next season of the Simpsons. Well of course!  He's not dead, so we all kind of just assumed he would be. It's not news that the same stuff you had is in the new game.

Sorry, I'll calm down.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #880 on: January 31, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
I'm just surprised that the roster will be intact for the 3DS.  Usually portable systems end up with watered down ports of fighting games, with characters missing and other issues.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #881 on: January 31, 2014, 08:12:27 AM »
These character announcements are incredibly annoying.  I don't have a Wii U and judging by how it's going I never will, but these announcements still bother me. It's like announcing that Flanders will be in the next season of the Simpsons. Well of course!  He's not dead, so we all kind of just assumed he would be. It's not news that the same stuff you had is in the new game.

Sorry, I'll calm down.

I believe that they actually stated that the character list will be about the same size as Brawl's, which means with them adding characters, some of the old ones are dropping. I'm actually surprised they brought Lucario back; I thought they were going to drop him to bring in Mewtwo. I'm thinking Pokemon Trainer will probably bow out, too. Ike's fate is up in the air, though. They generally pick characters from games they're planning on doing something with, though. I think Rob will drop, which is sad, because he's a fun unique character. One of the space animals that isn't Fox will probably disappear, and I think Metaknight will either get hardcore reworked or be dropped, since he's that guy everyone hates to play against. I hope Snake stays in the game, though. Nothing is more fun than watching someone's confusion when you DACUS halfway across the screen at them.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #882 on: January 31, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
Yeah, I'll admit that this round of Smash Bros. announcements isn't nearly as exciting as the last game. The roster was expanded SO MUCH for Melee, so every other week brought a new exciting character. This time around it's mostly more of the same. I'm excited for Mega Man and the Villager, of course. And the Wii Fit instructor should be a hoot (Especially since I'm committing to Wii Fit U at the moment and have a certain love-hate thing going on with the instructor as I have all videotaped or digital fitness instructors who have vowed to get me in shape). It's been a while, though, and it might be time to throw us someone new.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #883 on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
(Especially since I'm committing to Wii Fit U at the moment and have a certain love-hate thing going on with the instructor as I have all videotaped or digital fitness instructors who have vowed to get me in shape). It's been a while, though, and it might be time to throw us someone new.

The luge game on Wii Fit U is kinda fun.

I still think we should play some Sports Club online bowling at some point. (My nintendo ID is onewallcinema)

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #884 on: January 31, 2014, 01:03:19 PM »
A steam leak indicates a Killing Floor 2 coming soon

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/08/rumoured-steam-stats-leak-suggests-the-existence-of-killing-floor-2-arkham-origins-blackgate-hd/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

I'm pretty sure no one on these forums likes the Killing Floor besides me but YAY non the less.