Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 277821 times)

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 793
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2625 on: October 26, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »
So the Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5 did so well, Capcom is considering reviving some of their dormant series.

I would love to see a new Ghosts 'n Goblins / Ghouls n' Ghosts game.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 660
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #2626 on: October 26, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »
I would love to see a new Ghosts 'n Goblins / Ghouls n' Ghosts game.
They've done a few remakes over the years, including one that was on the PSP.  CJones have you ever tried Maximo? The Genesis Ghouls and Ghosts game is on the Sega Genesis Mini BTW.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3330
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2627 on: October 27, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »
If I were to come up with three wishes from Capcom, it would be:

New Darkstalkers Game
New Ace Attorney Game
New Viewtiful Joe.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2721
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2628 on: October 27, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
zack and wiki
zack and wiki
zack and wiki
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2629 on: October 27, 2019, 02:53:18 PM »
Ooh! I forgot Zack and Wiki! Viewtiful Joe could wait in my three wishes scenario.

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1577
« Reply #2630 on: October 27, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
zack and wiki
zack and wiki
zack and wiki

Haven't thought about that game in quite a while.  I'd be down for a Zack and Wiki VR game.  Would never happen, but it'd be cool. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2631 on: November 01, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
Okay, Blizzcon 2019.

For the unaware, Blizzard's current relationship with the fans is ...icy. The Diablo Immortal announcement from last year. BFA's not living up to expectations. Several project leads leaving the company after a Starcraft shooter got nixxed. Oh, and the whole "China" thing. So, icy. And folks are outside protesting.

The opening ceremony starts with an apology for failing to live up to expectations.

First up- a cinematic for Diablo IV. Blizz does do some effective cinematics and pretty R rated as well.  And then a gameplay trailer. Some of the "gameplay" is questionable, but it's looking pretty and yes, there is gameplay in there after a while although sans UI.

Up next- the Blizzard Arcade. And Starcraft 2? Oh, new commander and AI improvements. Not an actual announcement. Heroes of the Storm gets Deathwing. Already announced. Warcraft 3 Reforged. Beta ongoing.

Over to WoW. 15th Anniversary starts Tuesday. And the next expansion.. is basically a beach holiday. Nothing happening at all. Or Sylvanus takes a trip to Icecrown to talk with the Lich King. And by talk, I mean shoot with arrows. WoW: Shadowlands is the next expansion. You'll be heading to the afterlife (conveniently allowing Blizzard to reuse old characters that they may have killed off too early.) Next year.

Over to Hearthstone. Dalaran's still stolen. There's a plague loose on the world.  And it culminates in an aerial  battle over Northrend with lots and lots of dragons. Why is this not in actual WoW? Dec 10 launch. But more! A new game mode- oh dear lord. It's an autobattler.  November 12 this launches in beta.

And WoW leaks that we're getting a level squish. I can level up to 10 million  in Disgaea, guys. I can handle going to 130.

Overwatch. Much of what's about to be mentioned has been leaked, but they still need to, you know, actually say it. Throughout the prior cinematics, Winston has been sending out a call that various characters have been answering. And the worst kept secret on the internet is that Overwatch 2 is on the way. And a gameplay trailer.  OW2 is the co-op, PVE version of the game, but with some PVP modes added as well.  For players of the current Overwatch, you get all the new maps and heroes in OW1. And all the original skins go forward into OW2.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:27:31 PM by Compound »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #2632 on: November 14, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
XO19- Microsoft's Xbox thing

Not much more on most of these than a trailer, so don't be expecting much chat.

Up first, that darling indie game called Fortnite

Next- a child walks down a train track, then becomes a Jedi. Kinda cute. Fallen Order will be out in a few hours.

There are stormtroopers on stage and a banner proclaiming that this is sponsored by Fortnite. I'm not quite sure what level of hell this is. At least Gooby hasn't shown up yet.

And Microsoft's Mixer stream dies. Oh, Microsoft.

Everwild. It's from Rare and fantasy.

Everything will be on game pass when it launches. So, yay for those subs.

Over to Obsidian. A survival game. The catch on this one? You're ant sized. Grounded. Next spring.

Over to Wyoming in 1888. You're a flame headed cowboy hunting down mystic baddies. West of Dead. In beta now

Sea of Thieves. It's still updating monthly

Rust. Comes to XBox next year

Kart Rider Drift. With PC crossplay. Next year.

Bleeding Edge- Ninja Theory's Hero Brawler. March 24. It's like the Warped Tour version of Overwatch

Coming to Xbox- Planet Coaster. Next Summer.

Tell Me Why- from the Life is Strange folks. Next Summer.

A platforming game based around 70s prog rock. Yeah, I know. That old trope. The Artful Escape. 2020

Project XCloud. Stream Xbox stuff to phones and tablets, oh and PCs as well. Let's wait until Stadia launches here, folks as it's not looking good over there. Oh, it will allow you to use dualshocks for your games too.

Yazuka- coming to the Xbox in early 2020.

Drake Hollow. It's a game?

Oh, it's Halo. Halo Reach remastered. Xbox and Steam- Dec 3

Flight Simulator.  No date. Just a reminder that it exists.

Age of Empires 4. Wow that's pretty. And I will never, ever build a base as organized as that one.  Medieval era. And Age of Empires 2 re-relaunched earlier today with some new stuff. So updates to a 20 year old game. Yay.

Crossfire X. "free to play"  And "X gonna give it to ya" plays. XBox exclusive

Last Stop- kinda British Twin Peaksy game.

Minecraft Dungeons. April.

Fortnite. It's got some skins for sale.

Over to Square Enix. A gajillion Final Fantasy games added to game pass next year. Basically FF7 and all the games after, I think. The Kingdom Hearts games as well which I don't think ever were on XB (yes, KH3 was. I mean 1 and 2.)

More games on game pass. Rage 2. Lego Ninjago. Remnant. Talos Principle. Age of Wonders Planetfall. AoE 2. Witcher 3. Darksiders 3. Halo reach. My Friend Pedro. Life is Strange 2. Yazuka. Final Fantasy. Micecreaft Dungeons. Flight Simulator. Wasteland 3. Ori.  Grounded. Bleeding Edge

ID @ Xbox- the indie Xbox thing. Lots of titles. Streets of Rage 3 and Skatebird, for example.

Last up- Wasteland 3. Really? Huh. Didn't expect they'd be closing the show with this. Gunning for the disillusioned Fallout fans, I guess. Still 3d isometric. May 19.

And we close with more Fortnite chapter 2.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:34:37 PM by Compound »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2633 on: November 14, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
Age of Empires... It's been a while, but I'm suddenly very excited at the prospect of playing a modern-day AoE.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #2634 on: November 15, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »
Well, someone hacked the passwords to several of 2k's social media accounts. Most of the stuff that showed up there won't get reposted here because that would get me kicked out of here lickedy split but this was not a proud moment in 2k's history. I will give the hacker a chuckle for changing the WWE logo to that of a rival wrestling league though.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6941
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #2635 on: November 15, 2019, 11:49:08 PM »
there's a rival wresting league? i thought they bought-out WCW back around the time they went from WWF to WWE.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1577
« Reply #2636 on: November 18, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
Sounds like the rumors of a half life VR game are true. I’m actually pretty excited, because I happen to have a VR setup already.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2637 on: November 19, 2019, 12:16:58 PM »
Sounds like the rumors of a half life VR game are true. I’m actually pretty excited, because I happen to have a VR setup already.

Glad somebody has mentioned it. I initially thought it was Half-Life 3, but it's just another Half-Life spin-off franchise wherein Valve will most likely make a second game but not a third one.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2638 on: November 19, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
So I'm not a big part of the Half Life fanbase. I enjoyed the first one, never really played the second. It seems to me, though, that Valve could pretty much guarantee financial success by just going forward with a Half Life 3. I've heard fans cry out for it, but never heard a single reason why they haven't done it already. Does anyone know what the reasoning is, there?

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 185
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2639 on: November 19, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »
So I'm not a big part of the Half Life fanbase. I enjoyed the first one, never really played the second. It seems to me, though, that Valve could pretty much guarantee financial success by just going forward with a Half Life 3. I've heard fans cry out for it, but never heard a single reason why they haven't done it already. Does anyone know what the reasoning is, there?

Your guess is as good as mine!