Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 250401 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3038
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2100 on: January 17, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
Totally, and I can't think of a more appealing way to get kids to stop playing games and do something constructive. Why can't it be two things?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2101 on: January 17, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
I dig the idea.  The piano (if it actually works as well as shown) is impressive.  However my main concerns are "what's the cost?" and also how badly will I manage to mangle the pieces while punching them out?  Some of the Loot Crate boxes that are more complex don't fare well & get ripped here & there.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2102 on: January 17, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
The word is there's two sets. One contains the wearable robot suit and game and goes for $80. The other one contains everything else and the software and goes for $70. Presumably, you'll be able to purchase replacement Toycons with no software for a relatively cheap price.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4926
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2103 on: January 17, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
I'm sure people will eventually start making their own and there will be Indie games that will show how to make some.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2588
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2104 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 453
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #2105 on: January 17, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
Looks cool. I refuse to hop on the hype train, though. Nintendo's innovations either work really well or are a total crapshoot. I'll wait until I have the disposable income to drop on it, but I'm not sure. It looks like something that might be cool to do a few times but when you've done everything you can with it, it'll just sit there.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #2106 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »
It entirely depends on if they continue to support it, which I guess will probably depend on how many people buy in. It looks like such an amazing way to play and my four year old will go nuts for it, I hope it gets support, and that the games are good.
FINE

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 136
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2107 on: January 18, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »
My first impression opinions on Labo is that while it does look cool and interesting, it's not for me. I don't want to spend all that time just to build something. I do chip music but I don't solder the game boy, NES, or Sega Nomad (someone else does it for me). I'm more of a pick-up-and-play kind of person. So I'm out.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2108 on: January 18, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
I looove to build stuff. Then I get bored with it. I'm hoping if I handle the construction, my kid will have all the fun. (Although we might have to share that robot suit, assuming it can be tailored to adult specifications. That thing looks like fun.)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #2109 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »
In other news, you all know that Korg Gadget is coming to the Nintendo Switch, right? Well, here's all the deets.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4926
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2110 on: January 18, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
I looove to build stuff. Then I get bored with it. I'm hoping if I handle the construction, my kid will have all the fun. (Although we might have to share that robot suit, assuming it can be tailored to adult specifications. That thing looks like fun.)

I love it when other people build stuff and then watch it on the internet.  I probably won't play it myself (but if it has staying power, maybe I'll play it with my niece some day).

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1441
« Reply #2111 on: January 18, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »
If I had kids and they were the right age it could be cool. But I would make them build it themselves (with maybe a little help if they need it) because it looks like that stuff will break and go wonky quite frequently, and I’m not going to fix it for them all the time. But that’s part of the learning that could be cool: understanding the mechanisms and how they work so you can fix them.

In fact, I think that’s probably the only cool thing about the project. Because if any of the things you can build were fun enough to stand alone as their own toy then they’d make it out of plastic and sell it to you.  But instead they found a way to make it out of even cheaper materials to cut costs and market the shoddyness as a feature. It’s quite ingenious really.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #2112 on: January 18, 2018, 09:45:05 PM »
if any of the things you can build were fun enough to stand alone as their own toy then they’d make it out of plastic and sell it to you.  But instead they found a way to make it out of even cheaper materials to cut costs and market the shoddyness as a feature. It’s quite ingenious really.

Plus, cardboard is recyclable!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 618
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #2113 on: January 29, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
Rumor: Microsoft Could Be Looking To Acquire Electronic Arts
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/29/microsoft-looking-to-acquire-electronic-arts-ea/

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE