Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 310681 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3330
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2070 on: November 22, 2017, 07:32:56 PM »
It was working smooth as anything until they opened it up to, but yeah, it's gone to shit.

I blame America.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3898
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2071 on: November 28, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #2072 on: November 28, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »
Sounds interesting.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #2073 on: December 04, 2017, 04:17:47 PM »
So....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3aSC5A726f0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3aSC5A726f0</a>

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #2074 on: December 04, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »
I love mega man. I really do. Grew up with mega man X. But after Mighty Number 9 was a big disappointment, it’s hard to get excited for this. That trailer looked really bland for some reason. The animation didn’t fit the updated graphics. Nothing about it made me want to play it.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #2075 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:04 PM »
I didn't really have that problem with it.  Frankly, it looks like a lot of fun to me.  That said, considering it won't be out for a year, this might be closer to a proof of concept thing.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1160
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #2076 on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:21 PM »
Fire Emblem Heroes won Google Play's Game of the Year. It kind of surprises me that I don't hear more about it. My fiancée has never played a Fire Emblem game in her life, and loves it. Seems like something that anyone can enjoy with or without knowledge of the games.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2077 on: December 04, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
Fire Emblem Heroes is great. It's actually a GAME, unlike so many phone games out there. It really boils the game of Fire Emblem down to those little moments within a battle where a handful of your people have a handful of their people to take down.

As for Mega Man 11, one crummy "Spiritual Sequel" isn't enough to get me to give up on the Blue Bomber. I think he's got some good games left in him, if someone can figure out the right balance of nostalgia and modern sensibilities.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1186
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #2078 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
I love mega man. I really do. Grew up with mega man X. But after Mighty Number 9 was a big disappointment, it’s hard to get excited for this. That trailer looked really bland for some reason. The animation didn’t fit the updated graphics. Nothing about it made me want to play it.

"I grew up with Mega Man X"

Well, there's your problem right there ;) Try to track down a copy of the MM1-3. Those were the good ones.

I agree though that MM11 seems to clash a bit between the new and the old.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #2079 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »
I’m not saying it couldn’t be good. And there’s still a chance I’ll buy mega man 11, it just looks bland and uninspired. I don’t dig any of it’s style, and the gameplay they showed didn’t look that interesting. But who knows, maybe they are hiding all the good stuff.

But what I am excited for, and you guys failed to tell me about, is that a big mega man X collection is coming to PC next summer. I was always lukewarm on mega man, but mega man X was great. I loved the whole hidden optional upgrade mechanic. And yeah, there’s lots of nostalgia there. Don’t think I ever beat mega man X either; Sigma was too tough for my 7 year old thumbs. Will be good to finally get redemption. I played mega man X2 and 3 I think, but not any of the other where they started to introduce anime cutscenes, so those will be interesting to play. But I hear they aren’t as good.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #2080 on: December 05, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »

Well, there's your problem right there ;) Try to track down a copy of the MM1-3. Those were the good ones.

As you’ll see in my above post, I disagree. I played 1 through 3, and they were ok, nothing against them. I just liked the art and gameplay of X more. Wall jumping was fun.

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1160
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
« Reply #2081 on: December 05, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »

As you’ll see in my above post, I disagree. I played 1 through 3, and they were ok, nothing against them. I just liked the art and gameplay of X more. Wall jumping was fun.

Gonna have to agree, MegaManX was brilliant and made the games much better.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 633
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #2082 on: December 05, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
i prefer MegaMan 7 my self but I also greatly enjoy x1 trough 3.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2083 on: December 05, 2017, 04:51:10 PM »
I like MegaMan X, and I can even see how it's better in most ways than the originals, but for some reason it doesn't drum up the nostalgia that the core series does. I love the cutesier design and the bosses that end in "Man" and the often unfair platforming elements. Probably because I devoted way more time to them growing up.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #2084 on: December 05, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »
I will definitely concede that my appreciation for the X art style is based on nostalgia and being 7 years old and thinking he looked so awesome and badass once you got all the upgrades. And don’t get me started on zero with his pony tail and red armor. So awesome to my 7 year old brain.