Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 269612 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: General Game News
« Reply #1080 on: October 08, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
Split/Second got old to me fairly quickly.  I kind of uses up its fast and then its left an uninspired racer.

Well of course you didn't like it. Everyone knows that Go-Bots don't have souls.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1081 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »
How does that apply to me at all?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4516
« Reply #1082 on: October 13, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yxDohDb750" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1yxDohDb750</a>

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #1083 on: October 15, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2014, 10:24:29 AM »
The Wario Land 4 site is still up.
http://welcometogreedville.com/

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #1085 on: October 22, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Looks like Farsight has a table of their own up on iOS and Google Play.  It's a Ghostbusters licensed pinball table modified from the old Haunted House table, with added multiball and obstacles.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #1086 on: October 23, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
If the pics are true, Mewtwo is coming to Smash... in Spring 2015

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1087 on: October 27, 2014, 03:13:20 AM »
A trailer for a game called Hatred came out over the weekend that is basically a super violent spree killing/massacre game similar to Postal, a game from the 90's. The game has garnered quite a bit of controversy. I think it looks like a bad game in addition to being in bad taste, at the same time I think it shouldn't necessarily be censored. I just wanted to see what your guys' thoughts were.

Trailer is spoilered for being violent and potentially offensive, as well as being NSFW!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #1088 on: October 27, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
A trailer for a game called Hatred came out over the weekend that is basically a super violent spree killing/massacre game similar to Postal, a game from the 90's. The game has garnered quite a bit of controversy. I think it looks like a bad game in addition to being in bad taste, at the same time I think it shouldn't necessarily be censored. I just wanted to see what your guys' thoughts were.

Trailer is spoilered for being violent and potentially offensive, as well as being NSFW!

This game and its developers can go fuck themselves. It's just bad taste attention whoring in its worst form and it just gives fuel to all the bible thumpers and conservatives that would love to pass bills restricting content.

But they should have the right to publish their game. I won't be buying it, though. Not even discounted.

Offline Blasarius Yonder

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #1089 on: October 27, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
Jesus Christ.  I feel sick just having seen that trailer.  I don't even believe it's real.  Seems more like something created by anti-violence/anti video game extremists to help them get their point across.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1090 on: October 27, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »
In better news, GoG has just acquired the rights to a bunch of LucasArts games. 30 total are on the way, including Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Oh, and Sam and Max Hit the Road.

And X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I have no idea how to play these well without a joystick though. (And believe me, I tried and tried to use keyboard controls with X-Wing in the day. I was able to do Wing Commander with the keyboard, but in X-Wing, I only got a few missions in before it became unplayable.)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1091 on: October 27, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
Yeah, you will not be able to play X-Wing/Tie Fighter without a joystick.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5903
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1092 on: October 27, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
Yeah, you will not be able to play X-Wing/Tie Fighter without a joystick.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3214
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1093 on: October 27, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »
In better news, GoG has just acquired the rights to a bunch of LucasArts games. 30 total are on the way, including Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Oh, and Sam and Max Hit the Road.

And X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I have no idea how to play these well without a joystick though. (And believe me, I tried and tried to use keyboard controls with X-Wing in the day. I was able to do Wing Commander with the keyboard, but in X-Wing, I only got a few missions in before it became unplayable.)

YAY! I can play Sam & Max without endangering my 30 year old copy!

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #1094 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »

This game and its developers can go fuck themselves. It's just bad taste attention whoring in its worst form and it just gives fuel to all the bible thumpers and conservatives that would love to pass bills restricting content.

But they should have the right to publish their game. I won't be buying it, though. Not even discounted.

The government shouldn't restrict their right to publish it, but if Steam or any other distribution channels decide not to carry it, I'm all for that.  This is exactly what gaming doesn't need right now with all the "GamerGate" nonsense recently.