login

Author Topic: WOOOO! I just beat ________!!!!!  (Read 93452 times)

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 459
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: WOOOO! I just beat ________!!!!!
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »
At my best I could never hope to beat any of the Ace Attorney games, my attention to detail sucks since I actually have ADD.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1441
« Reply #676 on: April 25, 2019, 08:29:47 PM »
I beat Sekiro!  Finally. I was expecting the final life of the final boss to be a lot different and take me a lot longer, but it was pretty close to his previous life with just a couple new moves that I already knew how to counter (He has four lives total).  So once I got the hang of the second to last form and was able to beat it I was able to beat the final form on my third time reaching it.

Ultimately I think the Demon of Hatred was harder than the final boss.  He was just so different than the other bosses in the game, and you couldn't counter his unblockable moves, only dodge them.  Much more like a Souls boss than a normal Sekiro boss.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 672
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #677 on: April 29, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »
I beat Sekiro!  Finally. I was expecting the final life of the final boss to be a lot different and take me a lot longer, but it was pretty close to his previous life with just a couple new moves that I already knew how to counter (He has four lives total).  So once I got the hang of the second to last form and was able to beat it I was able to beat the final form on my third time reaching it.

Ultimately I think the Demon of Hatred was harder than the final boss.  He was just so different than the other bosses in the game, and you couldn't counter his unblockable moves, only dodge them.  Much more like a Souls boss than a normal Sekiro boss.

I'm glad one of us did. The whole business with my father's death has kept me from getting back to it. I did finally find a bunch more Gourd Seeds. I think I had 3 or 4 at Lady Butterfly, and when I stopped at Gennichiro I had 8. Did the game seem back loaded to you, or is it just taking me an inordinately long time to find the major boss fights? Plenty of mini-bosses though.

Online Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1441
« Reply #678 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »

I'm glad one of us did. The whole business with my father's death has kept me from getting back to it. I did finally find a bunch more Gourd Seeds. I think I had 3 or 4 at Lady Butterfly, and when I stopped at Gennichiro I had 8. Did the game seem back loaded to you, or is it just taking me an inordinately long time to find the major boss fights? Plenty of mini-bosses though.

There aren’t a ton of major boss fights. There are only ten that I can think of off the top of my head, and one was a repeat. (There’s another repeat, but it’s optional so I didn’t include it).  But yeah, I guess there were a few more towards the end vs the beginning. It’s mostly mini bosses though.

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #679 on: May 07, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »
I finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. Between Awakening, Fire Emblem heroes, Birthright, Fates and Revelations I've technically finished five Fire Emblem games. Of course to be fair that's only because their easiest difficulty is practically pushover. However, on Fire Emblem Heroes I was still able to beat the game on lunatic difficulty. However, acquiring everything in that game would probably take oh, I don't know, forever.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3036
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #680 on: May 07, 2019, 10:45:53 AM »
I'm coincidentally THIS close to beating Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS. These last few chapters are doozies, though. It would be pretty easy if I were willing to let some of my characters die, but that's just not how I play Fire Emblem. Shadow Dragon is interesting because you only get paralogues if you've let a bunch of your heroes die. There are characters you can only get if a certain number of your team is dead. I guess it's to keep you from being too underpowered toward the end, but the end result is that I'm playing less of the game than I would if I sucked.

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #681 on: May 07, 2019, 03:12:16 PM »
I'm still working on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. That game... is a beast. The game has an exceptionally high difficulty level when it comes to boss levels and castles. Here's the problem I'm having, in this game certain enemies can keep spawning enemies for you to face off against, and when you can't summon anything with nearly the same amount of power, it's basically either a stalemate or you lose before the battle even begins.