login

Author Topic: The Big Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 7566 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 381
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: The Big Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »
So, here's a combo that can clear any WoL stage that I've seen so far: Little Mac with Giant Zapfish and two Fist Power spirits, with Unflinching Smash and Hyper Smash in the skill tree. It basically means Little Mac can KO anyone with one punch, man.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1336
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2018, 10:33:52 PM »
Little Mac in general is great at clearing WoL stages. And I’ve had some decent success with him in my casual group of friends. I just need to get better at countering.

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4068
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »
Playing Smash and trying to get back into the groove.  Haven't tried the two main modes, just practicing in the regular Vs mode.  I've unlocked a few characters, though

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
Still enjoying it,  though it’s frustrating losing an unlock match because Link threw out a boomerang instead of an air recovery.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:49:07 AM by The Lurker »

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
I doubt anyone has been following the recent drama, but Liquid Salem, a pro Bayo player from Smash 4, has been shit talking prominent members of the Melee community. Theres a lot of stuff to unpack, but the main thing is that he's a moderately successful player with one tournament win at a major event attacking players like Armada, Axe, and Leffen, all players who have a lot more experience. Leffen is an abrasive heel in the Smash community, but Armada and Axe are widely considered some of the nicest people in that community. Basically, he keeps digging himself a deeper and deeper grave.

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Finally unlocked the last of my team, but not the roster.  Will try to finish off the unlocks and then work with them.

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
Done unlocking.  Palutena put up a bit of a fight before she was unlocked.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2018, 10:44:06 PM »
My Zelda is sitting at around 2 mil GSP, and I don't know what that means because Nintendo doesn't understand what leaderboards are.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2019, 05:09:47 PM »
Update: Zelda AND Ridley are sitting at 2.5 mil, and I'm finally starting to find guides for combos on Zelda, so my play seems like it'll be optimized.

Also (WoL spoiler):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1336
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »
Update: Zelda AND Ridley are sitting at 2.5 mil, and I'm finally starting to find guides for combos on Zelda, so my play seems like it'll be optimized.

Also (WoL spoiler):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It’s a lot of fun!  I didn’t understand what was going on at first, but once I did it was really cool. I really like the entire end battle.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2019, 11:43:30 PM »
Discovering that I really like playing Shulk. Once you get the knack of changing arts in this game, it makes choosing a piece of cake. In other words, I'm really feeling it!

One of my fave things about Smash, though, is how it gets me to try new series. If it wasn't for Smash, I'd never have gotten into Fire Emblem, and now Xenoblade.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 99
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2019, 06:07:01 AM »
Discovering that I really like playing Shulk. Once you get the knack of changing arts in this game, it makes choosing a piece of cake. In other words, I'm really feeling it!

One of my fave things about Smash, though, is how it gets me to try new series. If it wasn't for Smash, I'd never have gotten into Fire Emblem, and now Xenoblade.

Smash has that effect on people…

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »
How often does the ingame shop refresh its inventory?