Author Topic: Cocktail: Thoughts?  (Read 17002 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Cocktail: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 03:56:41 AM »
I would've laughed at a WTC joke but then I laugh at most of Mike's jokes.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »
Please, lets not talk about WTC anymore.

Anyway, my fav riff was: "Hey a partialy shaven gorilla!"
and, oh yeah...any of the Scientology riffs :)

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »
'This scene could really use a half naked Val Kilmer.'

I loved every joke from this Rifftrack.

Offline Rube_Maroon

• Schnappi Supporter
  • You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:48 PM »
I thought Mike rather let up for the last act of the show, which is a shame because that's where all the best bullshit ripe for riffing resides.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 07:21:20 AM »
I think my favorite riff was the couple times that Elizabeth Shue was crying, and Mike started singing/crying the "dont worry be happy" song.  Awesome.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 06:39:07 PM »
MAN this sounds like an awesome 'Trax!

I gotta tell ya - I was excited to FINALLY get to Blockbuster to rent this cheesefest... when to my surprise, Cocktail was already sold out! I thought to myself "There's NO way someone is just renting it for its artistic merit.." I almost feel like going back and asking who rented it so I could contact this person and geek out on RiffTrax with 'em. Get sort of a group thing going on!

Anyways, I'll be able to share my thoughts on this RiffTrax as soon as the disc is available... either that or I'll just have my Blockbuster Online ship it to me next. It will be mine!

Offline DoctorZ

• Schnappi Supporter
  • It may stop, but it never ends.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
OK. Watched it tonight and my god was that painful.  I can honestly say I don't think I've disliked a movie as much since "The World According to Garp" which I have pledged undying hatred to every single actor in that film from that day to this!  I'm sorry Mike, it cracked me.  half way through the transparent plot, I already guessed the whole thing and cussed it.  I ended up flipping through the chapters to cut the whole thing short.  You know,  I don't think I missed a thing doing that with the exception of your and disembodio's quips.(I'll probably watch this again in peices until I build up an immunity!)  I don't know when I've seen a movie you could chapter through, watch 5 or 6 seconds of dialogue and pretty much get the whole thing down pat.  Yech.  The 80's were a wretched decade and like the 70's before it, best forgotten.  >:(
" A woman who takes her husband about with her everywhere is like a cat that goes on playing with a mouse long after she's killed it." SAKI

Offline skyroniter

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • MST3KVideos
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 03:40:43 PM »
I watched it today. Had never seen Cocktail and that still would be the case if Mike hadn't riffed it. Sorry plotless movie. No characters that anyone could possibly care about. Very good riffing. One more solid effort by Mr. Nelson.

Diet Kolos

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »
I don't think I ever realized how bad this movie was when it first came out. I'm ashamed to remember that I  liked the soundtrack. Thank you Mike for setting me straight.

Offline Hellcat

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 09:35:19 PM »
Wow, this movie was bad.  Tom Cruise grinned so much it made my jaws ache in sympathy.  It was very satisfying to see Mike take a few whacks at him.

Offline Ivan Druzhkov

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »
I liked this Rifftrax, but I was kinda disappointed with the movie.  To me it was just like watching a lamer version of Roadhouse without the fights or blatant homoeroticism.  Tom tried his best on that last part, but he's no Patrick "I Let Old Farmers Rub Me Down With Body Oil" Swayze.

The real question, however, is whether or not Mike has recieved a cease-and-desist letter from the Church of Scientology yet.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »
if he does get one i hope he puts a pdf file of it on the forum so we can all have a good laugh. 

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 06:06:43 PM »
(slowly raises hand)

I... owned the soundtrack.

Sorry.  But in my defense, I was also eleven.

(slinks away.)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
and in theory a girl too, course from what i hear, your a legend around here much like spidey.  therefore you must also not exist.

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 02:32:01 AM »
Oh, LadyKenobi exists all right.  She fought alongside my father in the Clone Wars.