Author Topic: Freaky effects of time passage  (Read 2542 times)

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • The Drugly American
    • Choronzon
Freaky effects of time passage
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »
This is one of the few RT shorts made from before the 50's, and for some dark and bizarre reason, I found myself contemplating that if Donnie and Duncan were about 5 and 9 years old in 1947, that would make them septuagenarians now.  If they're still alive.  They're probably too old to remember ever having this home movie made of them. 

Or maybe they sit around at the old folks' home telling stories about it to their fellow friends in their 70s since old folks sometimes have no short term memory but can remember their youths clear as a whistle.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Freaky effects of time passage
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
Did I ever tell you about the time my pappy took an put piano music onto one of our family movies, and sold it to some sucker in Las Ageles? He he.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »
This is one of the few RT shorts made from before the 50's, and for some dark and bizarre reason, I found myself contemplating that if Donnie and Duncan were about 5 and 9 years old in 1947, that would make them septuagenarians now.  If they're still alive.  They're probably too old to remember ever having this home movie made of them.

It isn't even clear that they knew anyone was making a film of them at the time!

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • The Drugly American
    • Choronzon
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:38 PM »
It isn't even clear that they knew anyone was making a film of them at the time!

It wasn't the 21st century then.  No hand held video cameras. Someone would have had to be standing there with a fairly obvious reel-to-reel movie camera apparatus.  I'm sure that was what they did, and just told the kids  "Now, boys, just pay no attention to the guy with the camera...and we'll give you ice cream and candy when it's finished."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:16:42 PM by MerryWanna »
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »
It wasn't the 21st century then.  No hand held video cameras. Someone would have had to be standing there with a fairly obvious reel-to-reel movie camera apparatus.  I'm sure that was what they did, and just told the kids  "Now, boys, just pay no attention to the guy with the camera...and we'll give you ice cream and candy when it's finished."

Oh, yeah, that's a good point.  How quickly the technology changes!